It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundred million year old moon boulder rolls

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
omg this can only mean on thing.

THEY'RE COMING!

keep your eyes to the sky folks!

That picture made me laugh so hard....and I have no idea why.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
From what i see if you zoom and look to the right on the first picture, There's other boulders that have moved and if you look below them there seems to be faint line's all over. Which says to me it's a fairly normal thing to happen? So to speak.

But what is diffrent with the main boulder "rolling" line is it looks to me more of a bounce kind of pattern? Maybe a perfectly landed comet or astoroid thats touched down by skimming it, like a skimming stone?, or even a watching eye?

(plays some dramatic background music)

edit on 15-2-2012 by intuitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Uhh.. I hate to be kind of off-topic, but I have a question..

How the hell do they know how old this random boulder is?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Moon pool guys,moon pool.
The ancients have been playing it for eons.
It's slower then watching a game of golf here,on earth.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Where is Tiger Woods when you need him?

Obviously from the photos this is going on all the time.

Even though the moon seems perfectly static, it clearly is acted on by outside forces, including objects impacting it, and passing large bodies.

Nature is random and capricious...

Now, if it rolled in a perfectly straight line, that would be something.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What if the movement of the rocks is linked to magnetism?

It is known that the moon's dark side becomes negatively charged (up to -1000 volts) when the moon crosses through earth's tail once a year. This phenomenon can last for hours or days. Suppose the rocks are positively magnetized ore remains from a comet / asteroid / whatever that has impacted the moon. These charged rocks are drawn to the dark side of the moon. Since the moon does have less gravity, the rocks have an easy time traversing the terrain, though they only do so for a short time each year.

This would explain why not every rock is moving, why they are all headed in the same general direction, why they have not been seen moving, how they managed to traverse up a slope, and why they are moving so slowly.

I have not done any research into where the photos on the moon were taken or if the rocks are even rolling toward the dark side. I use my phone for this and much of the internet is very frustrating. However, I think this theory fits a lot of answers to questions we have about this. The theory is simple and sometimes that's just best.

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by user414
What if the movement of the rocks is linked to magnetism?

It is known that the moon's dark side becomes negatively charged (up to -1000 volts) when the moon crosses through earth's tail once a year. This phenomenon can last for hours or days. Suppose the rocks are positively magnetized ore remains from a comet / asteroid / whatever that has impacted the moon. These charged rocks are drawn to the dark side of the moon. Since the moon does have less gravity, the rocks have an easy time traversing the terrain, though they only do so for a short time each year.

This would explain why not every rock is moving, why they are all headed in the same general direction, why they have not been seen moving, how they managed to traverse up a slope, and why they are moving so slowly.

I have not done any research into where the photos on the moon were taken or if the rocks are even rolling toward the dark side. I use my phone for this and much of the internet is very frustrating. However, I think this theory fits a lot of answers to questions we have about this. The theory is simple and sometimes that's just best.

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

That is a excellent train of thought, Magnetism was part of one of my earlier posts since some of the rock from the Moon is magnetic, or somehow became magnetic, but on a different thinking by NASA in a 'what if ' kind of way. I suppose in essence it is the butterfly effect in action which kind of implies a friction. Perhaps gravity itself is the eternal by product of any friction who's force only dissipates, but never disappears.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
Siesmic activity?? I dont know, maybe, but the moon doesnt rotate, and i think the core is cool, which would suggest No activity, because how do plates float on a solid core, strange to say the least, must be tied into gravity of another celestial body

I'm sure somebody has already corrected you on this, but the moon does in fact rotate. At the exact speed it takes to orbit the Earth. That's why one side always faces us.
I'm guessing you're the type to think that the dark side of the moon is actually always dark? Haha

edit on 15/2/12 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Are you guys actually watching the moon, not just your screens?
It is not the same as we are used to seeing it - perhaps we have become so accustomed with its place in the sky that we no longer look up, we no longer notice chance in the skies - - it has a different orbit - judging by the weather/winter we are having as juxtaposed with its apparent 'new' orbit -It seems to indicate we are near the equator.

And honestly, when was the last time you could see distinct craters in the Moon with a pair of 15 dollar binoculars?

That thing is moving yo.

I hate to bring up Iron Sky - so maybe I won't. Watch that trailer

Ok, now troll me - everything is normal, right?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Yes,its normal. Because if the moon changed orbit, all life on earth would be destroyed.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Fact is we have only been to the moon a handfull of times. yes we see a lot of pictures but we can't be entirely sure of its makeup. there could be seismic activity, it could be temp changes. Unfortunately we haven't finished exploring the moon before focusing on other things.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Yes,its normal. Because if the moon changed orbit, all life on earth would be destroyed.

Heh - Earth existed before the Moon, and it will surely exist after its stay in our solar system.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I havent bothered to read all the thread. But it is quite obvious and clear in the second picture of OPs first comment.

If you follow the "Rolling" towards the beginning (RHS) you will see that the Rocks have "Bounced" to their current position, as shown by the indentations. The initial indentations are deeper and more spaced apart than the ones closer to the rock.

What this indicates is the Rock/Boulder has hit the Moon from space, and has progressively bounced along the surface of the Moon. Gradually slowing as the Moon's light gravity makes it slow.
The same effect is done on Earth by skimming a flat pebble or even tennis ball along a body of water...the initial "skips" are deep and large, then as gravity/Friction take effect, the skips are shorter until it slows and drops.

So basically, to me, these " Moving Rocks/boulders" are simply Meteorites that obviously dont burn up in the Moons non-atmosphere, but hit the Moon on a low angle and just bounce along until they stop....Obviously this has been happening for millions of years.

I posed the question once before, Is the moons surface soft and talc like because of millions of years of Pulverization from various space debri, or is it natural?
Like the Earth, I would think the Moon Cooled as a rock, and the Millions..Billions? of impacts over the years, compounded with the lack of any real protection, has ground the rock to fine dust.

Perhaps a similar thing has happened on Earth, and a lot of our topsoil, is in fact, Meteorite soil???
Space dust?
As Humans, We forget what happened 50 years ago.....dont forget this has been happening for Billions of years!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is a simple one. It's not that a rock on the moon just suddenly started moving,........ it's a rock hit the moon at such an angle, it just kept rolling until it eventually stopped. Look at the damn photo, it happens quite often.The spaces in between each rocks "step" indicates skipping across or tumbling across the surface IMO.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Thanks Brnbdry (?).

You could have just said...I agree with Gort....

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Impacts, and then... huge amounts of material hurled upwards and out... to come bouncing back and rolling over long distances (maybe down hill some), surely further than we are used to on Earth. Moons gravity is 1/6 that of Earth. Shape of the rock determines how erratic it rolls? Slo Mo bounce and roll.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
omg this can only mean on thing.

THEY'RE COMING!

keep your eyes to the sky folks!

That picture made me laugh so hard....and I have no idea why.

She can't see sh*t with those!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

"Hundred million year old" - Can they prove it ?

/facepalm

I swear they just make these dates up as they go along...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
the aliens must be playing bochie ball with boulders
ty for postingit would be cool to find out how they moved that far.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join