It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel links Thai blasts to global terrorism campaign

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

When most people are quoting what the Iranian leaders (and other Islamic leaders) are saying they refuse to use the cultural definitions of those words, because doing so would make it way more apparent just how often they are threatening everyone else.

When you use the cultural-religious defintions of your favourite words, suddenly it becomes very apparent that what Ah-ma-mad-man is saying, say to the floor of the UN General Assembly is provocative warfare and all the Islamic nations stand up and clap. While people who are apologists in the Western world cover his butt for him to make your World look more rosy.

edit on 2012/2/15 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I am no apologist. I am no war monger either though.
As I said in my other post, the Iranian regime is far from good, but at the same time you have to sift through a lot of propaganda here too. What it boils down to is that we should just stay our of their affairs. By the time the US is done there probably will be a terrorist threat of unprecedented size because we will have killed some Muslim's relatives in like 6 different countries. We should just stay out of all of it. The only reason on this Earth that they even have a problem with us is because we back Israel, which we should have stopped doing when Israel went behind Kennedy's back and began making nukes.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The appeal to isolationism is always very popular with US readers. Very good.

Have you evaluated the consequences of staying out of it? I'd challenge you to do so. Try and project out by 20-60 years.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by reaxi0n

I could have sworn I replied to this, I hope I didn't post it on the wrong thread.

lol uh oh

I said, a pink model drone, with a quote that is questionable at best (they have been misquoting Iran for decades, saying they were saying death to America when in fact the translation was "down with" which is more common and less extremist), hardly compares to announcing internationally that you are considering a preemptive strike on a country. I don't think Irans government is good by any means, but I don't think all this build up we are doing is really because we are afraid they will get one bomb they have been working at for decades. By now they could have bought one. They aren't going to spend billions building something and then launch it and end themselves, and they aren't going to spend billions building a weapon just to hand it over to some extremist group and hope they can do something with it.

The whole thing is very peculiar.

Well I understand that has been misquoted, but I haven't seen any evidence to suspect that "we will step on the US" isn't what was written on the drone. Then again, I don't speak Farsi and I'm not going to pretend like I do, so I can't say either way. I just go with the evidence given, because this is the picture Iran released of the toy drone to their PressTV.

It seems like a peculiar picture to me. Why would the picture released to the Iranian people have the inscription covered on the only model that would be readable, with no mention of it at all in the article?

www.presstv.ir...

See, it seems to me as if Iran is trying a little too hard to be the good guy here, and is handing out doses of their own propaganda. This is why I believe people need to be careful before they just jump on Israel. Yes, Israel has done bad things, but Iran can't be ruled out, especially after threats they've made to get revenge on Israel and the US.

They play it off as if they're just "having fun" or whatever, but look at the evidence. Pink being a feminine color, what do you think they are trying to say to Obama, a male, especially given their stance on homosexuality in Iran? This is why it's hard for me to believe the inscription said anything lighthearted.
edit on 2-15-12 by reaxi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
All terrorist belong to Israel and America. Yeah!! Terrorist are in capable of trying to pull off assassinations and plans to kill civilians. They can't do anything , therefore it is America and Israeli troops in disguise because terrorist do not exist and they do not have brains!

Sound about right?
edit on 15-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Why would Israel (if they did assassinate the Iran scientists) use the same technique attaching magnetic bombs to cars to kill there own diplomats? If you were Iran, wouldn't you try to replicate the Israel method of assassinations? Seriously. I don't get how gullible some people are sometimes and think if Mossad was behind this they would use the same technique.

The Iranian who blew his legs off in the blast trying to escape (from what I know he is still alive) will spill the beans sooner or later.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
See, here's the thing. Thailand itself has terrorist cells that run rampant in their own country. Maybe, just maybe, one of those groups is responsible. Or there is an alliance of sorts. Maybe Iran/Israel/USA have absolutely nothing to do with it and the speculation is only there because of the style of bomb.

But then you have to look for the motive and it's somewhat hard to figure that out in my scenario.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Motive is hard to determine? Money, resources, religion, promise of support for allied networks.....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
They also arrested one man at the airport,
Found Iranian currency in the hotel room and are searching for other Iranians who rented the room.

Pretty sure Iran is pulling the finger out and actually moving forward with their threats.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
LOL leave it to USA and it's mideast pawn ISRAEL

to bring every country esp including those with mussalman population including ah Siem

into everything

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Oh, you know, thanks. You helped me think that through. Been a rough day of writing for school, my brain is running on E.

That would be a perfect motive for a Thai terrorist cell to do the attacks. Either they were hired by Iran to make it look like it was Israel.

Or, hired by Israel to make it look like Iran.

Either way it would most likely give them a huge ally. But at the same time, I think they would want to be in the spotlight. Anything to make their name more feared.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
All terrorist belong to Israel and America. Yeah!! Terrorist are in capable of trying to pull off assassinations and plans to kill civilians. They can't do anything , therefore it is America and Israeli troops in disguise because terrorist do not exist and they do not have brains!

Sound about right?
edit on 15-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)
I, in no way mentioned the USA, learn to read please

edit on 16-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hongkongphooey
reply to post by Mart0

The Police found C4 explosives and home made bombs, none of them had 'made in Israel' labels on them, as much as you would like this to be the case

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

According to news channel "Our sources in govt. said Israeli military grade explosive was used in "Delhi Card Blast", which is only used by Israeli military."
ibnlive

edit on 16-2-2012 by Mart0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Isn't this all to weird. I remember a similar case from earlier this year, exactly on 1/14/2012

BANGKOK (AP) – An alleged terrorist plot aimed at Bangkok that sparked urgent warnings of danger from the United States and Israel has been thwarted, Thai police said Saturday.....

National Police Chief Gen. Priewpan Damapong said the alleged bombing scheme was called off by the alleged plotters — two Lebanese men said to be linked to pro-Iranian Hezbollah militants. One man was in custody for questioning, and the other was at large.....

The U.S. Embassy had circulated a warning Friday that there was a "real and credible" terrorist threat against Americans in Bangkok, and Israel issued a similar warning to its citizens. Thai authorities confirmed being informed of a plot, and said they were pursuing the missing suspect....

The U.S. Embassy warning was the first public notice of the affair, and Defense Minister Yuthasak Sasiprapa said Thai authorities did not release news of the alleged plot because of fears that it would hurt the tourist industry and cause panic.

Thailand is acutely sensitive to news that could affect its huge tourism industry, one of the country's biggest revenue earners.Foreign Minister Surapong Tovijakchaikul said Saturday that he was greatly disappointed the United States and other countries had issued travel warnings to their citizens over terrorism risks without consulting the Foreign Ministry, which he said is the normal procedure....

Thailand also seeks to keep friendly relations with Iran. Although Thailand is firmly pro-American, Iran is a major trading partner, especially as a top market for Thai rice.

www.usatoday.com...

And now this ? I personally would not dismiss any possibility

edit on 16-2-2012 by Intrud3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mart0

India is not Thailand and Israeli C4 can be found on the international weapons market too, so if you wanted to create doubt you would use this especially if you wanted to frame Israel! I do not believe that Israeli's would be so stupid to use their own weapons grade materials if they intended to frame Iran,

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Intrud3r

Whilst Iran and Thailand are friendly, Thailand is a major attraction for Israeli tourists and they would be an attraction to islamic terrorists, would they not???

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mart0

"But they said they were investigating phone calls made to foreign numbers from the immediate area just after the attack, particularly four calls made to Iran, Lebanon and Pakistan."

Reuters

Let me get this straight.

Israel will go through the trouble of
-Use Iranians to carry out the dirty work.
-Phone back to Iran after the assassination attempt in case of someone got caught so they can trace calls made in the area just after, or if someone got there legs blown off and still survived.

Yet they.
-Use a commonly believed Israel technique of car bomb

I honestly do not get how gullible people are, if you believe Israel is behind this and not Iran you have to seriously need to do some research

And Mart0

"Israeli Military Grade Explosive" Where in the article does it say it was Israels? Enlighten me. Please actually read the source, before copy and pasting it from another persons misguided views.

ibnlive.in.com...

edit on 16-2-2012 by Laxpla because: Formatting changes

edit on 16-2-2012 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

I see four different colors in the picture, and although I do think the pink one was intentionally pink and meant to send a message, I would say they all say the same thing and his hand is covering it because he is attaching it to the base. Past experiences with mistranslation and over dramatization of translations coming from Iran are more than indicative that it can and likely will happen again. So without seeing it to translate personally I would hold all judgement.

I mean.. if we weren't talking about potential war this whole toy drone thing would be pretty funny. I wouldn't be surprised if Chavez suggested it. He seems like a smartass.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Was any evidence found in the house/room/whatever that indicated what the intended target might have been? That would lend some insight.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join