It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Pentagon Guard Told Me About 9/11

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

I have a friend who put a small radar unit onto a cane. I am something like this would fit into you collection of walking canes.

I say this because you seem to fit into the catagory of folks the man was talking about when he said "none are so blind as those who will not see'.

Really, it is people like yourself whom I do pity so much.

I don't feel you could ever grasp the meaning of an explaination of this statement so I will just save myself the trouble.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Funny guy that guard.

If he was "pulling your leg", "messing" or "joking"...I wonder which part of 9/11 was funny enough to be told at the victims memorial.

What gets me the most is this funny funny sloppy sloppy disciplined military guys.

Sure there was confusion, but that's what the protocols are for. And they are practiced as far as I know. Even airplane hijackings. Yet when it happens, there is much confusion and miscommunication.

There was also some bad communication over Able Danger...also pretty sloppy...having the hijacker and knowing he's a terrorist, and letting him slip by.

You guys are a bunch of goofs...and that's why people love you.

Don't worry tax payers, your money is well spent to keep you safe. We have our top notch staff lucid round the clock. They are jokers every one of them.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i]Originally posted by rogueoperative

It's funny to watch them practice the tours. You'll see a one-two stripper walking around the Pentagon backwards talking to himself/herself.

I imagine it is amusing. When we asked the kids their favorite part of the trip, most of them mentioned the guard walking backward.

Just asking if a plane hit the building...do you know how many times a day they get asked that? Enough to get sick and tired of it so he probably gave you a snotty answer. As I said before they're kids doing this and certainly no expert on the situation especially since most of them were probably like 8, 9 or 10 years old when this 9/11 occurred.

He wasn't snotty in his reply, but you are right. He very well could have told us that story and then had a big laugh with his friends.

Myself, I'm leaning towards a different explanation. A few pages back, some posters mentioned a witness who had a piece of the plane. Perhaps, as he was telling us, he simply exaggerated for effect. It's a very natural thing to do, especially with kids.

[quote/] Their "extra" training is they have to be part of an Honor Guard unit and as shallow as it sounds they're picked on appearance. You have to meet certain height and weight requirements and always look sharp. They also have to have the ability to obtain and hold a clearance...that's pretty much it. They do a lot of military drill since they do public shows and ceremonies. He could have meant that. [quote/]

Now that you mention it, they were all pretty good looking...

[quote/] As someone who worked there before, during and after 9/11 there is no doubt it was a plane in my eyes. I'm not a civil engineering expert, pilot or and expert in physics but from what I saw while I was there, it was a plane. The parts were taken away and inventoried and laying out there for the world to see. Plus the inescapable scent of jet fuel - something I do know - lingered in the air for what seemed like weeks.

Like I said, I'm no authority on piloting planes, structural integrity of the Pentagon or a the physics of the flight/velocity of the plane etc etc...I do know what I saw personally and nothing ever pointed to or stuck out in my mind that didn't point to it being a passenger jet that hit the Pentagon.

Thank you for this. It gives me another piece of the puzzle to consider.

Most of all, thank you very much for your courteous and mannerly replies. I only wish more people could debate a topic with such consideration and decorum.
edit on 17-2-2012 by smyleegrl because: Can't get the quotes right

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

The tags to insert a quote are

[ quote] at the beginning and [ /quote] at the end

edit on 17-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

The image you posted was taken after the impact occurred and after the the Pentagon wall collapsed. It is not an accurate representation of the condition of the impact site immediately after the event. There are many images on-line and on ATS of the Pentagon wall post-impact and pre-wall-collapse. It is too late for me to look them up at this moment. Run a quick serach on ATS and you will find the threads that contain those images.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Probably because it's only those damned fool conspiracy web sites that insists there has to be any further usable footage to begin with. * * * *

I have always wondered why you spend so much time hanging out and publishing posts on "damn fool consipracy web sites" such as this. Are you trying to redeem us from our damn fool stupidity and ignorance? If so, that's damn fool considerate of you. Or are you just a damn fool of the kind you like to think the rest of us are? Maybe the pay is to good not to do it. Or maybe you have nothing better to do.
edit on 2/18/2012 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

To Smyleegrl: Write to me at U2U and I will fill in the Holes.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
I have always wondered why you spend so much time hanging out and publishing posts on "damn fool consipracy web sites" such as this. Are you trying to redeem us from our damn fool stupidity and ignorance? If so, that's damn fool considerate of you. Or are you just a damn fool of the kind you like to think the rest of us are? Maybe the pay is to good not to do it. Or maybe you have nothing better to do.

(Sigh) one more time...ATS isn't a conspiracy web site. It's a conspiracy discussion forum, where anyone from either side of the discussion can come and have their say as long as they're not abusive. They have no in-house conspiracy that they're pushing at the expense of open discussion of the facts. True conspiracy web sites like the Loose Change people regulate their discussion forums with heavy restrictions and censorship against any opposing viewpoints (the "no planers" are banned as soon as they open their mouths, and I myself was banned the moment I started pointing out the flaws in their flick). Other dedicated conspiracy mongors like Richard Gage are such out and out con artists afraid of balanced discussion that they don't even tempt fate by having a discussion forum on their site. The reason why they do this is obvious- fostoring abject paranoia is their source of income and they will tolerate noone who attempts to upset their apple cart. On the other hand, ATS' mission statement is to "deny ignorance" and they know full well that can't be done if they're censoring posts that go against what they themselves want people to believe. I tip my hat to the moderators here for their intellectual honesty.

Let's face the facts, here. As we were all watching the events unfold on television (or even in person), nobody, but nobody, is instinctively going to wonder whether the planes were really holograms or if the buildings were really destroyed by lasers form otuer space. Someone had to have gone onto one of those damned fool conspiracy web sites for such idiotic ideas to ever cross their minds. You truthers certainly aren't stupid, as the quality of your posts shows. You're simply the victims in their con and you haven't been given all the facts, and all I'm doing is showing you information these con artists don't want you to know.

What does any of this have to do with the Pentagon guard, may I ask?
edit on 20-2-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Nothing, it's conspiracy mongering and nothing else. And they're not really "guards". They're more "tour guides" and that is about it. The person leading the tour has absolutely no training in piloting aircraft, civil engineering, physics or even on how to be a security guard. They're usually honor guard members and either carry caskets of fallen service members/dignitaries or twirl rifles and march. The ones in the Pentagon voluntold to do that duty - unless they've actually volunteered but no likely - and just do their time and get by. I guess you can go back home and tell your friends you work at the Pentagon but I can tell you it isn't really that impressive. There are tons of people in the Pentagon and they even hire special needs people to do some work....and no I'm not talking about the politicians...I mean the janitors and trash people.

The thing about these conspiracies - and the Pentagon one hits close to home for me - is truthers have concluded the government's investigation on 9/11 is bogus but yet offer up no logical alternatives. What alternatives they do offer are more implausible that he "official story". Then you tell them that and they so prove that < insert some conspiracy here > isn't true. How about ...uh no...the burden of proof is on you to prove your allegations and your claims and so far none of you can do that.

Edit:Spelling
edit on 22-2-2012 by rogueoperative because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogueoperative
The thing about these conspiracies - and the Pentagon one hits close to home for me - is truthers have concluded the government's investigation on 9/11 is bogus but yet offer up no logical alternatives. What alternatives they do offer are more implausible that he "official story". Then you tell them that and they so prove that < insert some conspiracy here > isn't true. How about ...uh no...the burden of proof is on you to prove your allegations and your claims and so far none of you can do that.

'Truthers' have no obligation to supply you with an alternative version of the OS. It's ridiculous to think because the OS is the only version of the events it must be true.

People see problems with the official story so people ask questions, it's that simple. The reason people are asking for a new investigation is to see if there is another explanation that answers all the questions.

I see no problem with that whether you believe the OS or not, what is the problem? Why, just because you have no problem with the OS, do you feel other people should just accept it? What does what other people believe and want, have anything to do with you, or any of you resident OS supporters? Not ONE of you have yet been able to convince anyone that the OS is true, you never will.

edit on 2/22/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

And by the same regard the Truth Movement has got nowhere. Unless you count defrauding some truly stupid people out of cash for t-shirts and DVDs.

Part of that is down to your insistent position above. No, you don't have to form an alternative hypothesis. You don't have to do anything - and indeed 99 per cent of the time you don't. But to pretend that this attitude will garner you the support you need or bring you nearer to a new investigation is pure fantasy. And it makes informed observers doubt your motives.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
reply to post by ANOK

And by the same regard the Truth Movement has got nowhere.

What truth 'movement'? That's just something you lot made up, in order to stereotype people asking questions.
I am not a member of any movement, just a member of ATS, stop stereotyping.

What baffles me is why you are still here? The only reason I post in here is because you lot do lol. Otherwise I'd be posting to myself. What is this obsession with 'truthers' you have? I mean it's downright aggressive sometimes. It's hilarious, I make one post and get a dozen replies like a bunch of hyenas nipping at me lol.
This forum used to be challenging, but now it's one big YAWN. People will continue waking up to the truth of 911 regardless of this forum. Maybe you should get out more...

Part of that is down to your insistent position above. No, you don't have to form an alternative hypothesis. You don't have to do anything - and indeed 99 per cent of the time you don't. But to pretend that this attitude will garner you the support you need or bring you nearer to a new investigation is pure fantasy. And it makes informed observers doubt your motives.

Look I'm not here to garner support for anything, or anyone, thanx. What are you talking about? This nonsense that "we" have to somehow explain how it all happened is just another cop-out in order to continue to dismiss anything we've said. You know as well as I do that anything "we" say about how it happened can be nothing but speculation. It just gives you more ammo to troll with, and move focus away from the real points that are always ignored or passed by with weak explanations. I'm not interested in debating speculation.

The question is so ridiculously vague anyway. You seem to think the refusal to answer a question is somehow a failure, it isn't. We don't have to answer anything, we are questioning the OS, we are looking for answers not questions. If you can't defend the OS without trying to build straw men you've lost already.
If you are here supporting the OS then it's you who needs to answer questions, but you assume there are no questions, because you don't understand them in the first place, that much has been proven. We're not the ones on the stand mate, you are.

And trust me, I am under no illusion that they'll ever be a new investigation, lol are you kidding me? I gave up believing that years ago, here's a truth for you, I only post here anymore to mess with you, watch you all type long winded full of nothing replies, must make you feel right patriotic huh?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOKwatch you all type long winded full of nothing replies

Hmmm. Can only see one of those here.

So let me get this straight. You've given up because you know your goal is futile?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
reply to post by hooper

I have a friend who put a small radar unit onto a cane. I am something like this would fit into you collection of walking canes.

I say this because you seem to fit into the catagory of folks the man was talking about when he said "none are so blind as those who will not see'.

I don't feel you could ever grasp the meaning of an explaination of this statement so I will just save myself the trouble.

Hey, I am more than willing to look at anything. I just have not yet been shown anything. Lots of talk. Lots of incredulity. Lots of claims of this or that being "impossible". Lots of unsubstantiate and convenient personal storeis. But actual evidence to support any of these conspiracy fantasies? None. Nada.

You know one of the problems with keeping an "open mind" is that people will try and throw in a little garbage from time to time.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by rogueoperative

'Truthers' have no obligation to supply you with an alternative version of the OS. It's ridiculous to think because the OS is the only version of the events it must be true.

Excuse me, but yes, you truthers do have an obligation to give us an alternative version which better fits the facts. Every discussion board on every topic in every corner of the world...except perhaps for North Korea...is chock full of cases where someone posts "everything you said was a pack of lies" before runnign away giggling. It takes no courage in principle to declare something is a pack of lies before running away giggling.

The reason I subscribe to the 9/11 event being a genuine terrorist attack is becuase it has the fingerprints of Islamic fundamentalist fanaticism all over it- hijacking planes, murdering innocent people to make a political statement, extensively planned and executed operations which yield little to no immediate benefit, and committing suicide in the duration. I ask why my understanding is wrong and so far all I'm getting is a lot of alternative history meanderings on how armies of mindlessly loyal secret agents are working mindlessly to frame some toilet of a country that not even the Soviets thought was worth fighting for to how the gov't has all this secret 25th century advanced technology that violates the laws of physics. One guy even told me the 9/11 attack was just the latest in a series of operations staged by a secret cult of Satan worshippers that goes all the way back to the Knights Templars. This isn't research. This is listening to someone conjuring up a plot for a comic book.

I think I speak for all the people who haven't been suckered by that rubbish those damned fool conspiracy web sites are churning out is that if you want us to believe the 9/11 attack was some inside job, fine. Prove it by explaining what actually did happen.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

"Don't have to... buildings were rigged... don't care"

in

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Sounds fishy in my opinion

Someone in Military garb, working at the pentagon was struggling on an answer about 9/11?

come on..... These people are trained for this....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Just asking if a plane hit the building...do you know how many times a day they get asked that? Enough to get sick and tired of it so he probably gave you a snotty answer

I doubt they get asked "if" very often. More likely they phrase it "when the plane hit".

Those that believe it was a US conspiracy are few and far between in the real world.

Have you noticed the lack of new threads on here lately?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

Just asking if a plane hit the building...do you know how many times a day they get asked that? Enough to get sick and tired of it so he probably gave you a snotty answer

I doubt they get asked "if" very often. More likely they phrase it "when the plane hit".

Those that believe it was a US conspiracy are few and far between in the real world.

Have you noticed the lack of new threads on here lately?

You bring up a good point. I've long suspected that the "9/11 was an inside job" groupies would largely drop away once Bush left the white house since "Obama knows" doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "Bush knew". The bulk of the posts these days seem to be coming from people being suckered by those internet con artists for the first time, which is why you're seeing a lot of "brand new startling information" that's really just an old rerun from ten years ago.

This "What the Pentagon guard told me" thread is interesting, but as conspiracy theories go, it's more akin to a car engine sputtering because it's about to run out of gas, than it is anything else

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Originally posted by hdutton
reply to post by hooper

Hey, I am more than willing to look at anything. I just have not yet been shown anything. Lots of talk. Lots of incredulity. Lots of claims of this or that being "impossible". Lots of unsubstantiate and convenient personal storeis. But actual evidence to support any of these conspiracy fantasies? None. Nada.

You know one of the problems with keeping an "open mind" is that people will try and throw in a little garbage from time to time.

My last post to your reply was : 4:09pm 17-2-2012

Your response was : 9:47am 23'2 2012

I must admit your on the ball, skippy.

Yea, I got the impression you were open minded when you said you only watched about two seconds of the vid I presented.

I am beginning to think you're like the guy who was so open minded that parts began to fall out.

I honestly don't understand how anyone who has been, potentially, exposed to the information and yes opinions which have been shown on this site can still give any credibility to the OS.

If you see a bunch of elephants, some monkeys, and a zebra or two; it should lead you to think either you are at the zoo or the circus is in town.

From what I have observed from the "OS crowd" the would think someone had moved Africa.

So far as being open minded and someone throwing garbage in. Most people are smart enough to filter out those things which would constitute garbage and except only the right and true.

Oh. I forgot ! Your one of those from the "OS crowd. Never mind .
edit on 23-2-2012 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join