It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All crime should be punished by death.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Dude, first of all you have to distinguish the difference between moral crime, and legal crime. Moral crime includes murder, adultery, theft. Legal crime includes not claiming tips, resisting arrest after being attacked by the police, and speeding. There's a big difference buddy. Either way your post is the most ridiculous attempt of a solution to crime i have ever heard in my life, and i hope you nor anybody else takes what your saying here seriously.

Scarcity's the real problem that's causing the crime. We all need to unite and recognize the one common enemy (which in my opinion is fear and control) to humanity, not sentence our own brothers to death for trying to get by, which in many cases crime is the only way to put food in their stomach. You are how they would be in their situation, remember that.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Come on man.... You honestly cant be serious with this thread. So you're going to tell me that a jaywalker should be put to death? I believe the death penalty should be used for people who commit murder. I also believe that rapists should face the death penalty, and thats probably it......

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

All intelligent and law-abiding citizens will agree with me.

You should start questioning your intelligence. You aren't nearly as smart as you think, and you aren't as moral as you think either.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

what do you call 100 lawyers on the bottom of the ocean? A good start

What's wrong with a lawyer being buried up to his neck in sand?

Not enough sand

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

You see, If there was a way to prove that someone raped another person, then I would agree 100%. The problem is, even a DNA test could never prove that someone raped another person because it could have been consensual. pre-meditation by the so-called victim could happen as well. Or a relationship could have even turned bad long afterwards which resulted in charges being filed.

Even if the women is beat up real bad, anyone could have done it, or to herself. That fact makes me sick and my heart goes out to Women who have been abused. However, Alot of Human-beings are evil, and that incudes Women.

With a child, there is no 'consensual sex' clause arguement. DNA finishes the prosecutions case. If I had an all knowing eye that I could look into and know who is truly guilty of rape and ruthless murder, then I would kill em aLL! Every last one of the bottomfeeding, sickO lunatics. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew

What's wrong with a lawyer being buried up to his neck in sand?

What? Like Harry (Ted Danson) in Creep Show? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Yea that will fix everything, lets go on a killing spree in the name of law.

Don't quit your day job, or maybe consider it if you are in any sort of position of authority or responsibility.
edit on 16-2-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
He/she is trolling guys and gals. As far as I can tell every line is designed to be a logical fallacy.

edit....on purpose
edit on 2/16/2012 by GeistMelange because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Move to a sharia country where they cut off thieves hands and tell me how crime still happens there. We are not God. We cannot enforce His justice. All the true guilty people will be punished. We must destroy crime, not criminals. We must have mercy, even to enemies who have wronged us. The ends do not justify the means.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I disagree. I think the punishment that you would be giving to someone, is just as immoral, if not more so, than the crime itself.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Well done,sir. You caught a great many fish with this one.

Logical Fallacies

List of fallacies

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The OP wants to kill everyone that drives without seat belts

ahahaha

Awesome logic

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
GeistMelange speaks the truth. This definitely has to be a troll thread.

If not, there's some serious irony. The OP himself started a thread regarding "The War On Our Internet", look it up in his profile. He understands the concepts of arbitrary rules/laws, unjust arrests, and so on and so forth. And he thought enough of it to rant about it. Think just taking away megaupload was bad? Next time you download a song, bam, death sentence. Isn't so great when you don't agree with the law, is it?

He may have an opinion on what crimes would warrant this, but if implemented, you can guarantee that it would be heavy handed and open to interpretation.

Either way, the thread elicited quite a response, congrats on that.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

A serial killer I can understand receiving the death penalty...(he or she) took several lives.

You are saying that..let's say (a jaywalker)...should get the death penalty too. This way of thinking to me is ridiculous and not in touch with reality.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Sounds like the OP lives in a black and white world. Why don't you go taste some of the gray and come out reflection on life itself.

If that doesn't work, well the logistics of running the death camps and military police to run them would be impossible. Constant riots, corrupt police officials who are jaded to sentencing people to death. You know the Romans would chop a thieves hands off if he stole, didn't stop other people form taking the chance and now you have one less possible productive member of society.

Anyways I should have been in bed like an hour ago, and dealing with your crazy would be fun to me I got stuff to do.

Night ATS

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
We all know right from wrong.

Really?......are you sure about that?

Come on are you trolling us now?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I will ask the OP again, because the silence from your own thread is deafening, have you ever driven a car 1km/hour over the speed limit at any stage of your life, if yes, then back up your own words and remove yourself from this planet !
Have you ever changed lanes without using a blinker, if yes, then remove yourself from this planet.
Have you ever taped a TV show onto VHS, or tape a song off the radio onto cassette breeching copyright laws, if yes, then remove yourself from this planet.
Have you ALWAYS crossed a street at the intersection in the marked lines, if no, then remove yourself from the planet.
Have you ever watched a burnt DVD, if yes, then remove yourself from this planet.
I have many more examples i could ask, but i'll just leave it at this for now and see how you answer them. But until you do address these questions, your silence is deafening !

And yes i am aware that this is a troll thread, but trolls always get called out with logical questions hence the questions

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It's also not good to look at the world in such a black and white way. I'm sure your no saint yourself.

Even criminals can be good people making mistakes. Ciminals have emotions, regrets and all of that.
And vise versa, non criminals can be bad people.
edit on 16-2-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You must be gravely insane to think that someone must be put to death for a crime. You say it will stop crime? Just take a look at the war on drugs and see where it has gotten us, much much more 'crime'. The point is, less laws, less crime. IE, less restriction, less resistant. It's simple physics that applies on a social level as well

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join