It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All crime should be punished by death.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Get caught speeding and the cops have 50 M2HB on a over pass to take you out. They can get the car thieves at the same time. along with those that don't have insurance or drivers licences. Set up firing squads for the illegals that cross the border.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

The benefits would be fantastic. No more ‘no go’ areas. Less murder.

There would be more murder actually. By the State.

This must be a troll thread.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
I never expected liberals to give proper and considered replies to this provocative and interesting thread. I did expect kneejerk repsosnes; some of you clearly never read and thought about my initial post.

What might the victims of crime think about your heartless replies?

I'm just waiting to read that you are actually involved in discussion of and expansion of this idea that all crimes should be punished by death, or are you simply limited to referring all those who comment, to your original post?

edit on 15-2-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Your logic is flawed. Instead of creating a crime free world, your plan would generate more violence than we have now. Just imagine, you're speeding and the police are chasing you. Do you stop ?? I don't think so ...it's fight or flight on steroids. If you stop, they take you in and kill you....so you run and cause an accident or you stop and fight the cops. I hope you're just trolling, you can't be serious...can you ??

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Employee theft?

I stole a pen

Well don't just cut off the hand, kill me!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Criminals always know when they are doing something illegal.

There's the problem. (Well, one of them anyway.) Our laws have become so numerous, and cover such a range of human activity, and often conflict with each other. It is no longer possible for the criminal lawyer, much less the average person, to be able to discern which actions or legal and which are illegal with any degree of certainty.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Set up firing squads for the illegals that cross the border.

Isnt that already set up? Ive met so many mexicans with stories of nephews, neices, etc being shot dead while crossing the border.

Theres even a rather recent account in the news maybe a couple years back or so, of a mexican child that was killed by US forces just for playing close to the border, wasnt even crossing or anything.

POLICE STATE
edit on 15-2-2012 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

What makes you think that would create a crime-free planet? Last time I checked people were put to death for some crimes yet those crimes continue to be committed.

Plain and simple. Penalties no matter how harsh do not necessarily stop people from committing crimes. If you think the death penalty would stop crimes how do you explain the death penalty not stopping crimes currently?

Though it might reduce crime you always will have people who think they will get away with it.

If someone steals money because they are starving what makes you think the threat of death will stop them? They are already dying.

I support the death penalty but I really don't think you have thought this through. An interesting lark on the surface but nothing more than that once it is examined.

edit on 15-2-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Jay walking is no excuse. You KNOW you shouldn’t do it WHEN you do it.

Reread my original post with an open mind. It makes sense.

Okay, so we have a system where life is meaningless and cheap (kill the starving person whole steals a slice of bread) - but - we also have:

Somebody on the street (little old lady, young child, old man, crippled, or maybe even an average person who is in flight rather than fight mode).

Now this "somebody" is being attacked, kidnapped, mugged, whatever. They are a crime victim okay?

Now this "somebody" RUNS across the street to get away from their attacker.

But HEY! They JAY-WALKED! They were not at the intersection 350 feet away.

So, kill the crime victim too?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Every thing should be free, we should work for sevices... and make new up to date laws.

But if every thing is free and there are no stupid laws there would be lots less crimes...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I fear the only solutions to crime is to eliminate it's root causes.

This would mean; no poverty - no want - no need - no greed.

The first two would not really be that much of a problem, if all the world's governments were willing to see them done.

The last two, however, could only be done by eliminating all the people in the world but one --- ME !

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This thread is a hate crime against criminals everywhere! I am calling the death squad police force on you for Trolling!

I sure hope they don't make a law against self pleasure........opps to late, I'm sure some state or country already has that!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
More laws......

There are too many laws to begin with.....

Lj01 will say this at every "law making" thread around..........

Do I have any freedoms left?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
From chaos creation is formed. as above, so below.

Its horrible to witness and hear about it but it still has its purpose. I just hope to god it doesn't last for too long is all :?

but what you say is idiotic...death penitently for all crimes? really? so say if a kid aged 4 is out shopping with his parents, good people, and they take there eyes off their son for a few seconds he eats a sweet. should he die? he just committed a crime, by your laws he'd be dead.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Kriltosthe2nd because: typo

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Let me state my case: Crime is blight upon our planet and a gross embarrassment to the innocent and blameless. All crime should be met with capital punishment.

The human misery and financial cost of crime is enormous and never in question.

Criminals always know when they are doing something illegal. We all know right from wrong.

Rich liberals will say ‘what about the wrongly convicted?’ and some will say ‘all crimes? Even shoplifting?’

Yes.

A few legal mistakes would be the acceptable cost for a virtually crime free planet.

We are now evolved enough as a species that something must be done about crime. Just knowing that even the smallest of crimes could result in the ultimate cost, would bring down crime in dramatic terms.

The benefits would be fantastic.

No more ‘no go’ areas.
Less murder.
More conscientious behaviour to fellow man.
No more organized crime.
Greater respect for law and justice.
Happier citizens.

All intelligent and law-abiding citizens will agree with me.

edit on 15-2-2012 by mandroids because: (no reason given)

I got pulled over for a brake light being out, guess I should check my lights every time I go anywhere. Oh and if the wind blows a section of my fence down in a bad storm, I will probably be in violation of a code/ordinance. I am screwed.

U
edit on 15-2-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
An eye for an eye is better. And don't come with that crap about "an eye for an eye makes everyone blind" because that is utter crap. An eye for an eye is perfect justice. There is no justice more just than an eye for an eye.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Implement that and the worlds gonna be an empty place. I would place money on there not being a sinlge person over the age of 20 who hasn't broken at least one law, however minor at least once in their life. Knowingly or unknowingly.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I only have 1 word for your thread...well technically it's not even a word...LOL.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Has the OP ever, and I mean EVER gone 1km/hour over the speed limit. If so then please get the ball rolling and remove yourself from this planet !

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Cool idea but there are many questions as to who how and why which laws and such.
I believe this idea has already been covered by Star Trek TNG.
All I'm sayin is, STAY OFF THE GRASS!!
Is this by chance for a paper you are writing at school? (honest question and answer please.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join