It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All crime should be punished by death.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Most types of crime, excluding murder, violence and rape/pedophilia, should be dealt with by way of community service order.

What you are suggesting is cold blooded, inhumane and downright stupid.

Hey, I just downloaded the entire Pink Floyd catalog from a torrent site...TO THE GAS CHAMBERS WITH ME! EVIL! EEEEVIIILLL!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by oggleboggle47
reply to post by mandroids

Ok Draco, is this sarcasm, or are you serious? I really can't tell. If you are serious, what happens when innocent people are put to death for crimes they didn't commit? Our legal system is far from perfect.

No..........I think he's serious.

He just hasn't thought it out too well.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I'll play devils advocate....but in exchange for your death penalty for all crimes proposal, I counter propose that there are only 4 crimes murder, armed robbery, rape, and child molestation.

Every other crime is erased from the books. Let's start here.
www.divinecaroline.com...

Alabama
It’s illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.

Alaska
Whispering in someone’s ear while he’s moose hunting is prohibited.

Arizona
Cutting down a cactus may earn you a twenty-five-year prison term.

Arkansas
It’s illegal to mispronounce the name of the state of Arkansas.

California
You may not eat an orange in your bathtub.

Colorado
It’s unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor (Denver).

edit on 15-2-2012 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2012 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.
edit on 15-2-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Then who would be left?

Does not every man/woman make a mistake here and there?

Every crime?

Those were your exact words.

Quite harsh.

Have you ever, rolled through a stop sign, thrown trash out the window, jay walked, had sex in a illegal manner (many states still have antiquated rules on the books), and a million other laws.

You my good friend have much to learn and I sincerely hope your heart softens with age.

We judge others by their behavior. We judge ourselves by our intentions. -Percy, Ian

Forgiveness is a virtue, is forgiving, pardon of a fault, remission of a debt. To forgive means give up, cease to harbor resentment, wrath, to remit a debt, to give up resentment or claim to requital for, pardon an offense. Forgiveness is a Primary Law that operates as Balance under the Primary Principle of Equilibrium. Forgiveness is a state of being. It is the act of granting pardon for or remission of (something). Forgiveness has been described as a quality by which one ceases to feel resentment against another for a wrong he or she has committed against oneself. Forgiveness can be granted with or without the other asking for forgiveness. Some people also believe that persons can forgive themselves that it is possible to forgive groups of people, or that it is possible to be forgiven by God.

Forgiveness quotes help a person to realize the worth of another person’s work. These quotes have the power to convert the actual being of the person. These sayings of the famous preachers can change a person intellectually, thereby improving the personality of the person manifolds.

Good, to forgive; Best to forget.
Robert Browning

The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise..
Alden Nowlan

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Too extreme. Even for me. I still say prisons should be workcamps. Make them work, put their wages towards the deficit, leaving a little for their release so they can start anew. Only corrupt politicians, judges, and LEOs should get death as a punishment. And that should be made public on tv for the world to see.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Would be little extreme if you drive your car just above speed limit, and police notices you = death penalty!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
My x girlfriend and I got in a tiny yelling fight on a sidewalk a while back.. nice to know you guys.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So your proposal is to give an already morally bankrupt system more power over your life and mine? A system designed to criminalize its citizens. A system run by the best grifters and criminals on the planet. A system designed to oppress you and bleed you slowly like a B-rated movie vampire. Ever heard the word draconian?

Have you considered moving to China or North Korea? Nevermind. Even they wouldn't have you with that attitude.
edit on 2/15/2012 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Nothing is illegal get it.

All the laws created are by a goverment.

Who are they to tell us what to do or follow.

You are a mna born onto this earth. Who is anyone to tell you what to do what to say what to eat and what to grow.

The only laws you should follow are the laws that apply. Like.

I better nopt jump off that wall because I may break my foot.

It is like the ocean.

Big corps can buy I liscense for about 100 bucks and take like 50,000lbs of fish.

Who the hell is the goverment to tell me I cannot take a fish from an ocean which they did not create to feed my family.

Who the hell are they to tell me I cannot go to the shore with a shovel and dig up some clams to feed my family.

That is the problem with society.

We created this # to control all the resources.

Who the hell are they to tell us anything.

They do exactely the opposite as they preach.

You must buy health isurance.

But we dont.

You must take pills and vaccines.

But we dont.

You cannot insider trade on information you have recived while in meetings about policy making.

But we dont.

Get the picture.

This is the mind set.

TAKE TAKE TAKE.

What do you get.

They get to take take take all your # and then when they are done with you they take your dignity.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Good reply.

The opening post does not realize he/she him/herself has like wise probably broken a thousand "laws".

A very immature and thoughtless opening post.

The sign of someone very arrogant, cruel, thoughtless, immature or possibly hurt.

None of us are perfect.

A crime of jaywalking is quite different than that of rape or murder.

We have enough, nay, too many laws already.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws. - Plato

All of our politicians would most certainly be put to death.

What of the laws of "God"?

None of us would be here for every single person breaks a "law" here and there.

I am amazed at such a ignorant opening post and frightened, for it shows humanity not progressing but regressing.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Some of your replies have been helpful and I am willing to evolve my theory a little bit.

For criminals aged 18 plus.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Do we get to make the laws?

Section 136 A: Ye shall make no threads on the internets that are brought about by ignorance.

Nice idea bro, you first

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
Criminals always know when they are doing something illegal. We all know right from wrong.

Then by all means be the first martyr to your cause because once your crime against human reason is dealt with that's one less obstacle for it's proper functioning.

Am I the only one who has noticed a trend towards murder, violence, or control being the common reaction to social/uncomfortable issues lately? Where is this emotional immaturity coming from? We discuss strange/unorthodox ideas on here sure, but that doesn't mean you turn off your brain.
edit on 15-2-2012 by imherejusttoread because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Well that's one way of stopping wars!

You're correct though...We'd all be dead because everyone of us has committed at least 'one' crime/sin.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

All crimes?

Again Mandroids, are you that perfect you, yourself have never broken any "law"?

Death -

Is not killing also against "law"....................except in war, capital punishment, or when the "government" deems it is okay?

Now, I am not religious, I am spiritual and yet even I can see by purely advocating taking of a life in and of itself is thus breaking one of the most serious and fundamental laws, "Thou shalt not kill."

Of all the commandments, this was the shortest - it was the one most correctly and easily translated.

Whoever pulls the lever thus commits one of the most horrendous of all "crimes", that of murder.

Again, I sincerely hope you mature and whatever hurt you have experienced to make your heart so hard lessens with time and that you come to realize we are all at times, guilty of transgressions.

I am sending healing thoughts your way - your heart, your center needs to soften.

Love not hate will bring you joy.

Forgiveness not bitterness will heal you.

"To err is human, to forgive is divine". - Alexander Pope

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thank you. Just doing my part to deny ignornace. Some jobs are bigger than others, ya know?

You're right when you say that Gods laws should take precedence over what we make.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

Am I the only one who has noticed a trend towards murder, violence, or control being the common reaction to social/uncomfortable issues lately? Where is this emotional immaturity coming from? We discuss strange/unorthodox ideas on here sure, but that doesn't mean you turn off your brain.

Very good reply and starred.

Yes, quite scary I too have noticed a trend towards many more people sinking into more and more savageness vs ascending towards a more mature thought process and becoming more merciful.

Some of the posts on ATS are down right brutal.

Reminds me of the Orcs in Lord of the Rings.

edit on 15-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Jay walking is no excuse. You KNOW you shouldn’t do it WHEN you do it.

Reread my original post with an open mind. It makes sense.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72

Delaware
It’s illegal to get married on a dare.

I don't know why but I just got the biggest kick out of that one. If the OP had his way I'd be be dead twice over.

But as they say, third time's a charm. ( You reading this honey? )

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

So you are perfect?

You yourself have never committed a "crime"?

What is it then like to be such a perfect person?

You have much to learn but until you drop your arrogance, you will not progress.

Your heart is harder than granite - I really wish someone could simply embrace your cold heart and heal it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join