It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Exam Paper Illustration - What Do You See?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

edit on 2/16/2012 by MissSmartypants because: messed up

I'm sorry if this image has already been posted on this thread but here is another freaky picture by the artist.

edit on 2/16/2012 by MissSmartypants because: more info

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
In fact I can see 'Wood' as a word in her hair which reflects the comment from the poster above !

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just want to redirect attention to page 22 as it seems there are still some who havent read that Ben Frost have offered an initial explanation.... The piece was made in 2001 shortly after 9/11. It is made to reflect the event...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I almost forgot!

Her left shoes is more like an exclamation mark. I think the artist was using the literal meaning of the exclamation mark to draw attention to the issue he is trying to point out.

"The exclamation mark, exclamation point, bang, or dembanger is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or high volume (shouting), and often marks the end of a sentence. Example: “Watch out!” This punctuation mark is called, in the newspaper world, "a screamer, a gasper, [or] a startler".

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Originally posted by MsVen

Originally posted by harryhaller
4. the artist is confirmed, date is sep 2001 (Aren't magazines finalised BEFORE publication?)

October 2001. See this post and this post.

Apologies you are correct. Ok, so one month after then. Less than.
What you think of all the links?

I think it is interesting to see where the artwork has been used, absolutely ... often disturbing, when you consider that the artwork is used by child care centres, and toy manufacturers etc. I hazard a guess however, that the majority of websites did not notice the symbolism and used the image out of ignorance to its message and origin.

At some point a graphic artist did doctor the image - as seen in this post - to remove the ominous symbolism, and it was used by the company Toy Loan. Who knows if an artist for Toy Loan created the doctored image - and if they did, it is certainly curious that someone would choose to go ahead and use it on a website with a focus on children, having full awareness of the real message it portrays.

The presence of the original artwork on a sociology paper, and its mislabelling as a "toy advertisement", is undoubtably suspicious. You would think someone preparing a sociology exam would notice the subliminal messages in an artwork deliberately depicting 9/11. Maybe they did and were running a covert psychological experiment of the student's responses, or even just having a chuckle, but again it could simply be ignorance.

I am actually quite interested in what Ben Frost will have to say about the sociology test, as well as the doctored Toy Land image. (Oh, and also about the amount of new members, including myself, that this artwork has brought out of the woodwork to finally join ATS).

edit on 16/2/2012 by MsVen because: artwork new members

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Interesting comments.

I agree with many on their interpretations.

On the different colors, in addition to the American flag colors, I kept wondering if the French flag colors (blue, white and red) are also symbolized in the picture. France was implicated as one of the possible entities who gave the word to pull the trigger for the actual demolition.

Also, could the 4 paper figures represent The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Dunno, but some interesting interpretations can be drawn from the picture.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

I'm sorry if this image has already been posted on this thread but here is another freaky picture by the artist.

You don't say!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
why can u see only 1 eye on each kid and another thing there is only 1 stripe on his left sleeve did anyone figure this out yet

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MAllen7424

Great first post!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by p4rs3C
reply to post by Cythraul

Image seems to have been manipulated...

I've found a very similar image on a speech therapy site that i think is the original. Scroll 2/3 down and look for: "9 Things To Do To Help Your Child Communicate"

Strange thing is, most of the sites using the picture are using the "box cutter's" version and not the original...
Wonder why it was manipulated...
edit on 15-2-2012 by p4rs3C because: (no reason given)

Actually. To me, this image looks like the photoshopped image. The letters on the blocks and the teddy bear do not match the colors or coloring style of the picture. Also, some of the blocks are blank.
edit on 16-2-2012 by mutantgenius because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2012 by mutantgenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It's not freaky. It's simply really bad taste becuase it's using the tragedy of the attack for mass entertainment. My personal opinion is that it's every bit as sick in the head as those holocaust jokes like the one claiming the Jews in Auschwitz were always so clean because they "made such good soap".

At any rate, now that we know more about the context that the first image came from, it pretty much settles the discussion on whether or not it had any supposed subliminal references to 9/11, because it didn't. The hangups of the artist shows the references to 9/11 were actually meant to be blatant as hell.
edit on 16-2-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

Originally posted by wmd_2008
YET another disingenuous OP on a 9/11 thread why didn't you just show the questions from the paper obviously they didn't suit your agenda!!!!!

What agenda and how was I disingenuous? The nature of the question in the paper is, as far as I'm concerned, irrelevant to the hidden content of the illustration. That's why I didn't quote it in my OP. I did, however, link to the paper and told people they could find the question on page 10. I wasn't trying to hide anything, I don't have an agenda and I didn't know anything about the origins of the drawing when I started this thread.

People really need to lighten up!

Well if you show the questions along with the picture is doesn't have the same impact thats why I said it was disingenuous!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
two cups of coffee and several smokes and i got through 20 some pages....woohoo!!

Without repeating obvious observations already made, here is what I have to add, so far.

Frost claims responsibilty for the artwork and states that it was POST 9/11, whereas the GCSE test paper is pre 9/11 (June I think) The date on the test paper adds up to 9/11/01. Either the artist is lying about when the image was produced or the test paper isn't real. Can we find a legitimate link for the test paper?

The image is done in a "Dick and Jane" style, innocent 50's type artwork. This is consistent with Frost' style. Using popular images for effect. If anyone looked at the links to his work you will see alot of mainstream pop images (hello Kitty, Pokemon...which was really disturbing by the way!) If the image seems familiar, it may be in that it is a popluar image twisted in an ironic way.

In regards to the Radiohead post, RE Kid A albumn, if you didn't know, anyone who got an original copy of that album when it first came out has a secret booklet hidden in the CD case. (everyone go check your Kid A album, NOW!) Here is a link about that..KID A EASTER EGG
Pretty much unrelated to the thread, but an interesting bit of info none the less!

I have seen mention of the boys arms looking awkward and in my opinion they look a lot like they are doing the baphomet as above so below thing. BAPHOMET IMAGE

Lastly. Alot of people mentioned that it may have been too soon (if the image was released in OCT 2011, as was alluded to throughout the thread) for anyone to really put the pieces together in regards to 911 possibly being an inside job. Perhaps, but I remeber thinking right away that something was not right with the incident and then listening to some very interesting discussions on my local college radio station about the truth as it was coming out. I don't think anyone really put it together in such a coherent way as Frost did in this image, but it was definately being discussed.

Now. Lets wait to see what Frost has to say!
edit on 16-2-2012 by mutantgenius because: fix a link

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I see symbolism within obvious symbolism...clearly makes reference to 9-11 and lots of interesting thoughts on those have been discussed in this thread. A few thoughts that came to me are....

1. Boys face is more angelic then the girls, which is more "primative" man looking.

2. The girl is holding up the letter "A" block (the beginning) in direct allignment to the boys gentitals, which another member pointed out appears to be faint lines of erection, he felt as an artist were intentionally made., also interesting to consider possible "Eve" reference, she is holding up "the apple"?

3. The other "A" block which is the only one that's a different color, yellow, is in direct allignment with her gentitals, the artist made a real point to even make that block out of allignment with the rest of the blocks, and a different color?

4. The boys pants are rolled up, as if to avoid being in the "muck" that the girl is sitting in?

5. The boy seems to be looking at the plane, and pointing his fingers down as if he is taking direction somehow?

6. The girl also seems to be looking for direction, showing the block she is holding to someone, in the opposite direction of the boy?

7. Why are her legs spread with the blocks between them?

Maybe the artists point was as much about the orgins of man/woman humans and possible mating between "The Gods", aliens, and earth women,lol, however you want to say it...lot's of cultures make reference to this happening, The Bible certainly does. Maybe 9-11 and everything else that humans have and will go through is somehow a direct result of human beings of the earth being more influenced by visitation in the past then we completely understand yet?

Just a guess...would be fun to hear artists true intent when creating this......

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
READ THE THREAD!!!! More than half of you people posting are posting things that have already been debunked or was previously said in the first 5 pages. Good god....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
two cups of coffee and several smokes and i got through 20 some pages....woohoo!!

Without repeating obvious observations already made, here is what I have to add, so far.

Frost claims responsibilty for the artwork and states that it was POST 9/11, whereas the GCSE test paper is pre 9/11 (June I think) The date on the test paper adds up to 9/11/01. Either the artist is lying about when the image was produced or the test paper isn't real. Can we find a legitimate link for the test paper?

No. The artist is not lying. The GCSE test paper is dated FRIDAY, 25 June 2010.

The ID number for the test most definately adds up to 9/11/01 --- only the exam prep know if this is intentional or coincidence. The OP already provided the legitimate link to the test paper, as archived by WJEC, in their first post.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

It's not freaky. It's simply really bad taste becuase it's using the tragedy of the attack for mass entertainment. My personal opinion is that it's every bit as sick in the head as those holocaust jokes like the one claiming the Jews in Auschwitz were always so clean because they "made such good soap".

Oh dear.
It's political commentary. The work is SUPPOSED to be provative and arouse emotions, contemplation, and opinion. That's what good artists do. This genre is known as pop-art.
edit on 16/2/2012 by MsVen because: clarity

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The Twin Towers
Boxcutter
Boy Playing with Plane (which has no windows or markings and a solid color)
Blocks set aside are A= American Air Lines & U= United Air Lines (the very airlines that used that day)
Four paper men represent the four hi-jackers that piloted the planes

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsVen

Originally posted by mutantgenius

No. The artist is not lying. The GCSE test paper is dated FRIDAY, 25 June 2010.

The ID number for the test most definately adds up to 9/11/01 --- only the exam prep know if this is intentional or coincidence. The OP already provided the legitimate link to the test paper, as archived by WJEC, in their first post.

DUH!! yeah, your right. a) I never did check the link for the test paper and b) I was thinking 2011 instead of 2001, IDK why! lol
Whoever put the test together must have been blind. I see it right away as disturbing, althoug my mind has become hard-wired to see this stuff. What really got me was that this was put in an issue of parenting magazine. I had this idea that magazine editors really focused on stuff like this, so they either put it in there on purpose, or they aren't very good at their job!

Thanx for the correction BTW, I do that alot when I overthink.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Good catch! And great post OP! Makes everyone think....

The left handedness also represents a lack of social maturity, ie ignorance. I remember from being born a lefty myself and having to deal with school teachers who wanted to teach my kids to be right handed. They had all kinds of excuses, none of them made sense.

Interesting picture- would love to see when it was actually done, but I have a feeling it's well after the 9-11 incident. I'm not going to reititerate what I can see in the picture, as I feel the previous posters have done a great job picking this picture apart.

SK

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join