It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Exam Paper Illustration - What Do You See?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GeistMelange

Appreciate that link and info my friend. Yeah, I agree that someone will catch it. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thanks OP
...for the Find!

This thread is interesting and I am glad to see that most posters have used their original thoughts (should not be ordered to go back and read all the other posts first) then new ideas spring forth, just as you asked of them in the opening post!

I know someone who has used this picture and now I want to email and ask her "why", i.e. did she see the symbolism? or, was she as many who believe the OS and would not see it, likely!

Thanks again
CS70

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Oh yeah.
The paper cutouts are the four horsemen!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

You forgot how the cube near the end of the little girl's foot is really building 7! Course, I don't want to ruin another glass of sarcasm for you. Drink up. In fact, gulp that kool aid down guy. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by Cythraul

Awwwww, it's just a little exercise in pre-conditioning the children to identify terror suspects! At least they are using pretty illustrations to link Armageddon, planes and boxcutters.......

This surely cannot be real..

I did not notice the armageddon till you mentioned it.

Someone either in the UK is pulling a sneako on people, or this has to be a hoax.

Kids never use boxcutters to cut paper, ever.. they use those flimsy plastic scissors with the thin barely sharp strips of metal. In fact the entire idea of cutting out paper men with box cutters is ridiculous.

This has to be a hoax/joke/attempt by some nut to make a funny.. like the nude lady in the coke ice cubes of many years ago.

-- Oh crap, 17 pages... I did it again..

edit on 16-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
By the way, for those that can't sleep, you might want to discuss the Frost picture I posted from 1999:
www.scienzepostmoderne.org...

A few tidbits to get you going.
In 1999, JFK Jr. and his wife, along with his sister-in-law were killed in a plane crash, that still has not been fully solved.
In 1985, Ricky Nelson and his finacee, and his band, were killed in a plane crash. Rumors abound that the fire in the plane was caused by free-basing coc aine, although that was never proven.

edit on 15-2-2012 by ProfEmeritus because: (no reason given)

Freebasing coc aine neither involves a spoon nor a syringe.

I think the artist is a provocative political troll, after seeing more of his work.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicSixteen

The boy playing with the plane..showing that American government is behind it..Boy wearing Red / White / Blue. The box cutter / weapon / The blocks spelling out Armageddon, the Blocks stacked like the twin towers / the Soccer ball with Pentegons on it. It's screaming American Government set up..To start a war sometimes it's the one that really wants something bad first to start it..

Sure that's exactly what the artist is saying.

It does not in any way indicate that the government is responsible however, as many here are alluding to. It's the artists work, and he's apparently well known for his 'messages' that pertain directly to what his thoughts and opinions are.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44drake44
The four paperguys might represent the four pilots of the hijacked planes... And the boxcutter pointing them might means that they have be threatened, somehow...

Great post!

Threatened..

I think the artist is saying that the 4 cutout people - the hijackers - are just made on the spot to fulfill a purpose.

He's saying that the US government is behind 9/11 and that it signals the end of the world because of the poopstorm that has resulted due to it, and that the hijackers were made up/cutouts but also the box cutter is a tool used to help this plot device along as it was how they took the planes.

And that the innocent of the red, white and blue will let it happen because you are as gullible as children.

He's a joker... clever, but a joker.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The end is near, these are all symbols of America's Armageddon, and 9-11 was the catalyst.
A soccer ball signifies America's fundamental transformation into a third world country.
A box cutter signifies we will eventually lose our guns.
The boy's gay mannerism with his dainty hand means we are facing a modern day Sodom and Gommorah event.

Yep, country has gone to hell.

Quick, someone contact the artist and get him to paint a hippy commune full of flowers and rainbows and puppies and fluffy wabbits, Alexandro is about to have an embolism!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeistMelange
reply to post by MsVen

We have seen that many people have used the image in the past, but on the other hand, you would think that psychologists and sociologists would have picked up on the symbolism. The question which is paired with the image is about gender roles, so it could have just been laziness on the part of the preparer. Another possibility is that they noticed the symbolism and decided to use it anyway because it gave them a chuckle.
edit on 2/15/2012 by GeistMelange because: (no reason given)

Absolutely a possibility. As, I'm sure, Ben Frost is also doing right now.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
(I did a search but was surprised not to find this already posted somewhere on ATS - correct me if I'm wrong)

Take a look at this picture... really analyse it, and then share what you see...

Now consider that this is taken from a UK Sociology exam paper provided by awarding body WJEC. The actual paper can be seen here. The question/illustration is on page 10.

I can share what hidden messages I'm aware of in the photo, but it won't take the sharp minds here at ATS long to find them (particularly given the forum that I've posted this in).

I'd like to know who drew this and when. The exam paper credits the illustration to 'toy advertising', but what toy? What company?

EDIT TO ADD: Here is the article which brought this to my attention. It would be great if you could share your own interpretations of the picture before visiting the link.

edit on 15/2/2012 by Cythraul because: To upgrade picture to a clearer one and add a link.

I zoomed in on the plane and I noticed it has no windows and no markings. Also if you zoom way in you will see that the edges are actually made of translucent squares! I think the toy plane he's holding is FAKE, i.e., there's actually NO PLANE! Looks like it's probably a hologram.
edit on 16-2-2012 by lunarasparagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

A plane...

2 towers that look unstable...

box cutter / knife

paper people linked to goether laying on the ground, unidentifiable yet together in death.

The words "War" and "dead" and "no" in the letters..

A suggestion of child like mentality when it comes to a threat / oblivious as to whats come.

The shirt on the boy looks like a nation divided with the colors suggesting the US flag and since it runs down the middle of his shirt its representative of a nation divided along political lines, with the right and the left.

and the ball, being the onlything in the picture not linked from what I can see, would be representative of a "lost Innocence", meaning the children who should be playing with toys at the age are instead being raised in a hostile enviornment / fearful enviornment.

The 2 children are not playing together, but are in close proximity = not trusting of each other, watching what each person is doing.

Stereotypical view of the boy standing playing with a hitech toy where the girl is on the ground, playing with a non technical toy suggesting strong / weak.

Since the plane is strong = terrorism?
Since the block towers are weak = western culture / US?

The girl ont he floor playing with the "unstable towers" - the soles of her feet are facing the perosn looking at the picture, suggesting possible insult from a middle east culture point of view where its disrespectful to expose the bottom of your shoe to a person unless its intentional.

The hand over the letter block, with only part exposed, could be looked at as there is info about the incident we arent being completely allowed to know / see.

A lack of adults anywhere in the picture could be representative of parents lost in the struggle / war / attack / planes / tower.

That would suggest the current actions being taken in the world would result ina high body count, orphaning children.
edit on 16-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsVen

What IS CURIOUS, is why a SOCIOLOGY test includes the Ben Frost artwork for analysis by students? A test creator for sociology should have seen the obvious 9/11 symbolism, as that is what the artwork is meant to convey.

That is the question we should be asking, in fact that we should be asking of WJEC, in order to move on here.

I already freakin' answered this question....
9/11 was the single most important event that has effected our society since WWII.
Of course Sociology professors would include that picture.

This thread illustrates everything wrong with ATS...Don't get me wrong, there are some interesting interpretations.
But there are waaaaay too many crazy ones, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many people who don't realize that this picture was meant to symbolize 9/11....because it was made AFTER 9/11. Are people that dense? Please don't take offense, it's just this really is that ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Are they children, playing with magic items that they should not be playing with? Yes, we can indeed see that they are ignorant naughty children, because the parents are watching them in secret, getting ready to punish them!
They couldn't make those exact toys entirely by themselves though, the wicked "magician" is also revealed.

A question remains, did he also forget his parents?

V

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

The terrorists apparently used box-cutters to gain entry to the cockpit and take control of the planes.
Yee haww.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by MsVen

What IS CURIOUS, is why a SOCIOLOGY test includes the Ben Frost artwork for analysis by students? A test creator for sociology should have seen the obvious 9/11 symbolism, as that is what the artwork is meant to convey.

That is the question we should be asking, in fact that we should be asking of WJEC, in order to move on here.

I already freakin' answered this question....
9/11 was the single most important event that has effected our society since WWII.
Of course Sociology professors would include that picture.

I dont doubt that theory could very likely be correct ... but we dont know the true intentions of the person who prepared the test. The questions asked in the exam relate to gender roles in reference to the picture. In addition, the test itself states they took the image from a toy manufacturer and did not reference any knowledge of the artwork's true origin, nor the original artist.

Later however, the test does ask a question which could be more revealing, even telling, of its true purpose ...

Question 9 Mass Media
(a) Describe two different forms of media.
(b) Explain how the media can influence people.

edit on 16/2/2012 by MsVen because: clarity

edit on 16/2/2012 by MsVen because: further clarity

edit on 16/2/2012 by MsVen because: added quote of test ?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

cant you see the bodies burning ...
violent and full of yearning...
dying of anticipation...
choking on intoxication...
Serge Tankian

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Not to mention the girl has an ape-like face...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Okay, reply first..read after..

The picture makes me uncomfortable. The children appear mentally ill in some way.
I notice the heads of the paper chain dolls cut off, presumably with a box cutter. The boy has his pants rolled up too far. He is holding his right hand at an odd angle.
The girl is looking to the side as if awaiting for instruction for placing the block. The blocks on the right spell "ODD" going up.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

I also notice the boy right hand was really akwardly pointing down like he was planing to throw it down.

Just my 2 cents.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join