It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where are the good zombie movies at?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
in your opinion what are your favorable zombie movies out to date?

i was just watching Diary Of The Dead and was wondering if there are more zombie stile movies i havent seen?

so lets here about them list them and see what there is out there worth watching

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

where are the good zombie movies at?

Personal opinion = No such thing as a Good Zombie movie, but some are tolerable.
Off the top of my head, Zombieland wasn't too bad.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Dawn Of The Dead is the best zombie movie in my opinion. I've been waiting for another zombie movie of that caliber to come out, and I'm left waiting! Until then, I'm just going to have to be content with playing Left 4 Dead lol
edit on 2/15/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
ya seen zombieland and thought it was funny! gota love me some twinkies

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Here, check out this short film. I completely forgot about this, until right now. I stumbled upon it, awhile back. It's entertaining. Gives a different perspective.

The Clown (Le Queloune)

Everybody's afraid of zombies... But try to imagine your self waking up from the dead... How would you feel?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Brain dead , evil dead were really awesome and I love the walking dead it's a great tv series

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
28 Days later is my favourite "Zombie" Movie..but those people was in real no Zombies..they were just in infected with hate..

www.cineasten.de...
the movie has a great atmosphere, if you havent see him yet, you have to watch,really

edit on 15-2-2012 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
if you haven't seen them 28 days later is awesome (not cheesy horrific) and it's sequel 28 weeks later, i also think that the walking dead is as good as your gonna get for new zombie stuff. also anything by george romero. and (this is a little off topic) if you want some awesome zombie videogames then the call of duty world at war and black ops games both have zombie missions that are awesome and there is also a game called dead island-nothing but pure zombie slaying action!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
rawhead rex,pumpkinhead,jacobs ladder,exorcist(only the first one)the gate1&2,hellraiser,the whole evil dead trilogy(my fav),

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Shaun of the dead,I highly recommend it

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
1981 Zombie Lake
must see in my books!

Shaun of the dead is a good zomedy.
Hmmm.

Cant really think of anything else worth mentioning besides the classics.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephamccoy
if you haven't seen them 28 days later is awesome (not cheesy horrific) and it's sequel 28 weeks later, i also think that the walking dead is as good as your gonna get for new zombie stuff. also anything by george romero. and (this is a little off topic) if you want some awesome zombie videogames then the call of duty world at war and black ops games both have zombie missions that are awesome and there is also a game called dead island-nothing but pure zombie slaying action!!

ya i have seen them movies they were good. i have played the black ops zombies also. some fun right there

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
List of my all time fave zombie-themed movies/shows:

-Night of the Living Dead (1968) The rise (pun intended) of the modern day zombie
-Dawn of the Dead (1978) The [so far] greatest zombie film to date
-Day of the Dead (1985) which wasn't Romero's best work, but it had its moments
-28 Days Later (2002) which I hesitate to mention since the screenplay was based on one of mine
-28 Weeks Later (2007) a good one. More action/less scares than the original. They're making a 3rd
-The Walking Dead (2010) [AMC] one of the best shows on tv in my humble opinion
-La Horde [French] (2009) an interesting scenario flick that I found quite watchable
-The Crazies (2010) like 28 days later, these zombies aren't dead, just realllllly crazy... hence the title
-Dawn of the Dead (2004) not as "authentic" as the original, but still a good movie.
-Night of the Living Dead (1990) Tom Savini's remake of Romero's classic. Best zombies on film imho.

and coming soon...

-World War Z (2012) the assembled cast makes me think this will be the biggest zombie flick ever

Most zombie films are garbage as stated in the op, but it seems the genre is finally beginning to find its flow thanks to some good literature out there now via Max Brooks and Robert Kirkman. Whenever I can't find a good zombie flick, I usually turn towards the chemical/nuclear/biological/related horror flicks to fill the gap. Some of my faves in that genre include:

-Right At Your Door (2006)
-Carriers (2009)
-Outbreak (1995)
-Contagion (2011)
-Invasion of the Body Snatchers
-The Stand (1994)
-The Last Man on Earth (1964)
-I Am Legend (2007)

Shaun of the dead and Zombieland are honorable mentions.

edit on 15-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Great list.

If you can find out, check out "Fido".
It's an interesting take on the genre.

Basically, picture the 60's look and feel (and cars, clothes, etc.), but with the idea that there was a zombie rising, that was put down. Life went back to Americana, but with a caveat. A company called "ZomCom" invented a collar that keeps zombies docile. So, they are kept as pets and manual labor (and in some cases, sex slaves).

The main story is like a boy and his dog, but it's more of a boy and his zombie. A faulty collar leads to "Fido" snacking on some people, but the zombie also develops affection for the boy and his family, and of course, in Lassie fashion, ends up saving the day.

It's pretty messed up, but remarkably entertaining.

I saw mention of World War Z. If you can, get the book (and the Zombie Survival Guide, by the same author, Max Brooks (Mel Brooks' son, I believe). They are both really good reads, and remarkably realistic. They go above a normal zombie story with little literary twists, and a real analysis of what this could really be like to experience.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Personally, I'd have to say that their are some pretty damn good new zombie flix (post 2000)... 28 days Later - I am Legend - Remakes of the Old School Zombie Flix - and even that new series "The Walking Dead"

But all in all I LOVE old skool flix (70's through 90's)... Italian Directors were pumping out one great movie after another and the B-horrors are so good IMO...

Here are a couple of the ones that I can recall off the top of my head
(Warning: Not for the faint of heart, may contain a scene spoiler)

Zombie - 1979 - Lucio Fulci (Trailer)

City Of the Living Dead - 1980 - Lucio Fulci (Spoiler - one of the best gore scenes)

Zombie Holocaust - 1980 - Marino Girolami (Trailer)

The Dead Next Door - 1989 - J.R. Bookwalter (Trailer)

Dead Alive -1992 - Peter Jackson (Trailer)

Wild Zero - 2000 - Tetsuro Takeuchi (Trailer) Punk Rock & Zombies

Actually instead of doing all this here is a link that has video clips of 100+ zombie movies

100 Great Zombie Movies

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
And no one happened to mention Return of the Living Dead?! lol. Plus 28 Days Later shouldn't be considered a 'zombie' film. They are 'infected' they don't return from the dead.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

You beat me to it. I was going to mention Lucio Fulci's Zombi and City of the dead (both of which I have on VHS still). There is another good film, but the title escapes me.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I have even better then a movie

THE WALKING DEAD

it is now season 2 .. best show ever
the zombies are just beautiful and very realist

and i have see many zombies movie
no one come close to this serie

edit on 2/21/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I don't know. I've seen a ton of zombie films myself, and as good as the Walking Dead zombies are, I still have to give the trophy to the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead.

The zombie were spectacular in that movie. I'm not saying the movie is better than the Walking Dead series, because it isn't (the walking dead is well written, good zombies, and great acting), I'm just saying the NOTLD remake has better zombie make-up.

new topics

top topics

join