It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans May be One of the Early Advanced Species in Our Universe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

If by radio you mean all forms of electromagnetic communications? They recently abolished the use of analog TV transmission (at least in the US) because the sky was getting too crowded with an increase in radio transmissions from 6 billion cell phones, all command and control for aircraft and consider the military communications that sprung up the whole HAARP research project to find a way to continue important military C&C within our crowded transmissions all over the place from running your home temperature controls, to playing interactive games to driving your car, and pretty soon you will be doing drugs that will have chips in them to monitor your own body's reactions to electrical impulses that run your own bodily functions. Just today I was working on a press release for a submersible plankton imaging system that can be operated from Maine while it is off the coast of Florida for over a month's duration. It's a new company you can check out here.

I don't think its ever going to go away, in fact, I think it will increase.

But back on topic, if you are interested in our stellar neighborhood of stars and planets, here is that periodic table of sorts I dug up. I can expand on this with star graphs and text, and hoping my recent membership application allows me to get deeper into the site. This is not very old.

edit on 16-2-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Keep in mind that a LOT of our RF transmissions never even leave the earth. They are either reflected back by the ionosphere, too week in power to be detected by even the largest radio telescopes, or are directional in nature and not broadcasted in all directions.

Also keep in mind that our RF transmissions have only been happening for a short amount of time, and travel at the speed of light. The farthest out they might be detected would be around 100 light years or less. So any possible civilization out there among the stars that are past that limit would not hear anything from us yet.

We could be surrounded by intelligent life, and even quite close (like the latest planet that is only 22 ly away). But they may not have evolved technology yet that can receive RF energy. They might be in their version of Roman times.
or they might have been very advanced, but bombed themselves back to their stone age.

Or it could be that intelligent life forms is very rare, and is so scattered around our galaxy that we are all just too far away from each other for contact (the galaxy alone is a huge place).

Or, it could be that intelligent life is very common, and they are all whizzing around not too far away, but have some sort of Star Trek Prime Directive about not interfering with us until we get to a certain level of advancement.

Or.......they could be just confused by us humans, and are plotting our demise:

edit on 17-2-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join