It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans May be One of the Early Advanced Species in Our Universe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

After almost two years ,Dimitri Sasselov of Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics who works with Kepler projects, states that we may be one of the earliest civilizations that are around within our milky way.

The Life of Super-Earths, looks like this: generations of stars made enough iron and oxygen, silicon and carbon, and all the other elements from the original hydrogen and helium about 13 billion years ago, to be able to form the Earth we live on and the planets the Kepler Mission is discovering today.

Stable environments in galaxies that were enriched enough to have planets only became available some nine billion years ago and rocky Earth-like planets and larger super-Earths, only some 7 to 8 billion years ago. And Life had to wait until that time if not later to begin its emergence throughout the Universe

And how does this relates to recently study that there are billions of habitable planets within are own milkyway,

So we can also expect that there are lots of planets that can be colonized if we can travel to them.

Daily galaxy

Life of super earths

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
There simply is not enough data for humans to make any claim regarding the potential sentient population of our little galaxy or the trillions of galaxies beyond ours. Anytime someone with letters after their name opens their blowholes people in communities like this start freaking out (we like to think we are "plugged in" and smarter than the average bear, but in reality the vast majority of us are ignorant morons. Hate me for saying that, then privately admit to yourself I am 100% right.

There is very little chance we are the universe's early sentient creatures. It didn't take but a meaningless amount of time for us to get where we are, and one can assume many other places have seen folks like us come and go.

But have "they" been here or not? That's what most around here are concerned with. No, they have not stopped by yet.....lol, despite the moronic stories and idiotic YouTube videos posted here daily.....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

And how do you know exactly that "they" haven't visited us? Just want to get in on that info

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I don't buy into this hypothesis Sasselov is proposing for many reasons... The last paragraph of your link sums it up quite nicely i think.

Sasselov's argument in The Life of Super-Earths is compelling. One has to wonder, however, that if another planet out there in the Milky Way (and billions of galaxies beyond) is only a billion years older than Earth, how much more advanced and detectable would their technology be? As Arthur C. Clarke famously wrote, any advanced alien technology would be indistinguishable from magic.
Interesting thread though, s&f.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
There simply is not enough data for humans to make any claim regarding the potential sentient population of our little galaxy or the trillions of galaxies beyond ours. Anytime someone with letters after their name opens their blowholes people in communities like this start freaking out (we like to think we are "plugged in" and smarter than the average bear, but in reality the vast majority of us are ignorant morons. Hate me for saying that, then privately admit to yourself I am 100% right.

There is very little chance we are the universe's early sentient creatures. It didn't take but a meaningless amount of time for us to get where we are, and one can assume many other places have seen folks like us come and go.

But have "they" been here or not? That's what most around here are concerned with. No, they have not stopped by yet.....lol, despite the moronic stories and idiotic YouTube videos posted here daily.....

Wow. Looks like someone had their cereal urinated on this morning......

Many people might be ignorant, but I would not label them "Morons". That smacks of having to belittle others in order to feel good about yourself.

There have been many people throughout history that have put forth ideas and theories about things, that got them labeled as "crack pots". Some turned out to be true. Others not.
I'm sure many thought this of Christopher Columbus, when any "Moron" could see for themselves that the world was flat!

While I may not agree with the above idea put forth, I'm not going to turn around and start calling people "Morons" because they have ideas (even if it's in a field that they are not educated in). I would say: "Try helping educate them instead.", but I see from your signature that you have obviously had some bad experiences on here with that, leaving you rather bitter.

As for the OP: I remember reading an article many years ago that suggested the very thing you have posted about.
I've seen even more suggestions based on main stream science in that, looking back at the main stream accepted theories of how we eventually ended up here (starting with the impact theory of how the moon was made, how the moon was essential to life forming, and all the later cataclysms that the Earth has had to go through in order for humans to evolve), that life on other planets may be a very common thing, but that intelligent life on the other hand could be extremely rare.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Another debunker/denier that does not know the subject to which he is addressing himself, merely offering an ignorant, denying opinion as fact while ignoring literally tons of plain facts that paint a valid reality that he cannot allow.

The end days of the debunker and denier draw neigh as we eventually will hail signs of other life out there. Such data could come tomorrow.

By that singular revelation, anthropocentric views will have to change and recognize what has been denied by government, Science and many humans. No longer will there be a remotely arguable case against the local issue, as it really did not exist since the first valid sighting, photograph, radar return or whatever commonly accepted method was used to determine that it was something from out of this world.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Aliensun because: spelling

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I did not add that to this thread , and if I did I probably would have place this in the Aliens and UFO section, but if you ask me for it..
Within hundred years of very advanced technologies we produce, numerous confessions from top military and astronauts, to yearly thousands of civil sightings, and countries willing to do deep research in extraterrestrial presents here on our earth.

That indeed does not prove anything ,but can be described as highly remarkable and you almost can say that Dimitri Sasselov used that as base to theorize this whole topic on ?
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I must inform you that you are wrong,
YES, the Intelligent life may be rare in our Universe. Even if its rare, that means its likely Common with millions of intellectual species.

The biggest two problems with us Making Contact, are Distance, and Time. Mostly Distance.

I saw this posted in another thread on ATS and booked marked it. Nothing will show you just HOW BIG our observable universe is, Than this. Look at this, and stare in wonder.

the universe is Big. Very Very Very Very Very LARGE

theres gotta be Lots of somethings, Just like Us, Out there.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Advanced? Do they mean a species of animal that is out of control, an evolutionary monster, that abuses and rapes the natural resources and destroys everything around them with no regards to anything except social power/status?

I sincerely hope we are the only 'advanced' species in the universe. If there are any that are more 'advanced' than us, I'm not sure I'd want to meet them as they'd likely treat us exactly the same as we do people we consider lesser than ourselves.

It's time the human species had a paradigm shift. We need it... badly.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'd say we have collected enough data about our immediate surroundings to determine there is no life anywhere near us that is advanced as us. Personally I don't believe there is life out there anywhere. Every inch of our planet is teeming with life. All the other planets around us are completely devoid of it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I see a lot of conjecture on your part as much as what you criticize. You use words like Moronic and Idiotic to define everything, and while I do not believe that aliens are visiting, I am not sure for a fact. So how the hell is it that you are? You come off the fence with so much blatant disregard for those who care to entertain possibilities as if they claim it as fact and you decline there take on it yet you spout off as if your view of it is absolute.

Lighten up, take a dump if need be. Grab some coffee or soda etc. Step away from the pc/mac for a bit and let others wonder the universe with there minds and hypothesis.

You have no more of a clue than the rest of us. So calling those who do care to entertain the possibilities morons and idiots only shows how narrow minded you are.

Now back to the thread, I have considered this as just one possibility. I have also entertained the fact that there are many other intelligent beings coming up slightly ahead of us or right along side us throughout oour own univer or even on the brink of there own singularity. It's so nice to see people in the scientific community pondering all of these things.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

So we can also expect that there are lots of planets that can be colonized if we can travel to them.

Maybe they don't want to be colonised?

Maybe they are happy just the way they are?

Maybe they are a society based on slaves and Masters? - Oh goody - we can bring them freedom and democracy from 30,000ft

Of course alternatively they may take great exception to the colonising expedition and blow it clean out of orbit.

@Flint2011

Lighten up, take a dump if need be

Sage advice you should take note of yourself. Perhaps you should go back and read that post again after you have done so. It was not anything like as bad as you are making out.

edit on 15/2/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Advanced? Do they mean a species of animal that is out of control,
reply to post by Balkan

That phrase alone says something, if as he would say they are out there and we too... ?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Maybe they don't want to be colonised? Maybe they are happy just the way they are?

Why can't we be the cropcircle makers for a change...?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I did actually, hence why I gave that advice and tend not to be bothered by trolling comments like yours. You were dismissive and disrespectful to many in this thread in a very generalized manner. If you dislike being treated that way then don't dish out what you can't handle I say.

You do you and I will do me. Peace.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Very well said

I agree. It appears that scientists love to purport that not only is everything revolving around the Earth as we are supposedly the center of the universe
, but that if there are other civilizations and life forms, than surely we MUST be the most advanced.

So bogus.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
I don't buy into this hypothesis Sasselov is proposing for many reasons... The last paragraph of your link sums it up quite nicely i think.

Sasselov's argument in The Life of Super-Earths is compelling. One has to wonder, however, that if another planet out there in the Milky Way (and billions of galaxies beyond) is only a billion years older than Earth, how much more advanced and detectable would their technology be? As Arthur C. Clarke famously wrote, any advanced alien technology would be indistinguishable from magic.
Interesting thread though, s&f.

Yes indeed....indistinguishable from magic.

This is why the bible sounds 'fairytale-ish' unless you purport that the 'gods' and 'angels' are actually extraterrestrial beings. ADVANCED extraterrestrial beings.

Ancient civilizations spoke about these gods and angels as 'coming from the heavens"....what does that mean? It means that these beings arrived to our planet by spacecraft.

Virgin birth? Artificial insemination
Chariot of Fire? Space craft with rocket exhaust
The whale that Jonah lived in for 3 days? submarine
Blessed, as in resulting in a baby? Pregnancy

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
I must inform you that you are wrong,
YES, the Intelligent life may be rare in our Universe. Even if its rare, that means its likely Common with millions of intellectual species.

The biggest two problems with us Making Contact, are Distance, and Time. Mostly Distance.

I saw this posted in another thread on ATS and booked marked it. Nothing will show you just HOW BIG our observable universe is, Than this. Look at this, and stare in wonder.

the universe is Big. Very Very Very Very Very LARGE

theres gotta be Lots of somethings, Just like Us, Out there.

I agree, except the part about intelligent life being very rare.

Why is it that humans feel that their (our) intelligence level is at the top of the totem pole? Theoretically, we are not even a Type I civilization...

I think humans like to believe this because it keeps us at the 'top', so that there is no fear of being invaded or enslaved. But it is utter arrogance.

How can we purport that we would be the most intelligent species of even our galaxy? We have never left our solar system and can barely make it to our moon.

Even in the sense of intelligent life being rare, say one species for every galaxy, how many intelligent civilizations would that leave?

Still BILLIONS

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
We have reasons to believe we are the most evolved life form in our stellar neighborhood by the types of stars nearby. Also our search for planets in a habitable zone is an area not too much larger than our stellar neighborhood.

More on this once I get home, with an interesting 'periodic table' classifying some 1,600 planets discovered up to about December 2011, (I am aware there have been many more discovered so far this year). Interesting then there really are only 16 of the 1,600 planets discovered with favorable potential to have earth-like conditions.

This is all we are saying, most evolved in our stellar neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

We have reasons to believe we are the most evolved life form in our stellar neighborhood by the types of stars nearby. Also our search for planets in a habitable zone is an area not too much larger than our stellar neighborhood.

That alone you could say is an achievement, if thats true ? but who says that that the planets we've checked are already be colonized by much more intelligent beings that shield of all advanced activity? I mean we are now on the era that radio is slowly going to disappear I think ? if that happens other species could not discover us anymore..
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join