It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Loads Up First Home-Made Nuclear Rods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
what are Rods ?

here, I'll help you.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

And interestingly in the world figures for 2009 Israel did not produce any electricity by nuclear power. So Dimona which has been operational since the 1950's when the French helped them build it must be used for something.

I wonder what that might be?

The Dimona reactor became active some time between 1962 and 1964, and with the plutonium produced there...

en.wikipedia.org...

No surely not

edit on 15/2/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

thank you homie ^^...iam a Kraut..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki2012

No problem. I love sour kraut and sausage!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

It's for nukes and DU munitions. Duh. Whoever denies that is an idiot or a total shill.

In other news...

Russia won't back Iran sanctions that seek regime change

Russia vetoing... the only way the warmongers in Israel and the US are gonna be able to start a war is through a false-flag.

No way Iran is gonna attack first, they are not stupid and no way the US attacks outside of the UN again...

So Israel is gonna start it or a false-flag is gonna be pulled. They want war and they want it this year.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
what are Rods ?

here, I'll help you.

thats pretty cool

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The more I see of how Iran plays politics the more I realize how looney and wreckless they are and very arrogant they are with flaunting their acheivements with nuclear power.They are not dumb with their politcal propaganda.They are sadly dumb to think they would win a war agaisnt U.S. and Israel.

The religious fanatics that control Irans power are crazy.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'm not worried about Iran. Never have been. Let them have nukes for all I care. North Korea has them, they ain't our friends but I sure as hell don't see the war drums being beaten for them.

Israel, on the other hand, I'm very worried about. They are going to be the ruination of us all, methinks. The frakkers that run that country(and the U.S.) are frakking nuts.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordnightstalker
Another Fukushima waiting to happen, with the rods loaded i'd give the odds at around 100% when the reactor is struck with all the electronic warfare going on they wont be able to shut the reactor down and in the chaos and inexperience the whole thing melts down.
I hope I am the one in a Million guy that instead of getting cancer from all this Radiation, becomes some kind of mutant superhero, that would be nice

It seems that way atleast after reading the article about it on Wiki. The people who built the plant expressed their concerns about its safety and practices.
LINK

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Ok, i know folks like Ron Paul will say there is nothing to worry about here,
... but what should be done to Iran if they decide to use a nuke on a country like Israel?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

That would be akin to little old me, who doesn't even own a gun, trying to take on the entire Metropolitan Police Department of my city. Really, REALLY stupid and futile. I know we are supposed to think if Iran as the retarded stepchild, but I really don't think they are that stupid. They would get obliterated and they know it.

IOW, I don't see that scenario happening, at all.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by lordnightstalker

Another Fukushima waiting to happen

Every nuclear reactor is potentially another Fukushima or Chernobyl or Three Mile Island waiting to happen. Irans reactor is no different in this respect. The question really is what are the Israel and their lap dogs the US going to do to make it happen?

Agree however the countries and companies involved in its construction raised several safety concerns.

Read the Safety Concerns section in the link below.

LINK

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by PuterMan

The question really is what are the Israel and their lap dogs the US going to do to make it happen?

They gonna bomb it, making it go critical and spreading radiation all over the middle-east and Asia...

I'm sure Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and China are gonna be pleased... NOT.

I would assume it would be more or less a sabotage or stuxnet type of attack. That would be cheaper, effective and politically less expensive and no military involved. Just think about the fallout from the reactor in the region? That could perhaps do more damage than War. However the civilians in Iran and surrounding countries will pay the ultimate price should my assumption is proved correct.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Ok, i know folks like Ron Paul will say there is nothing to worry about here,
... but what should be done to Iran if they decide to use a nuke on a country like Israel?

Sure they're gonna nuke Israel because Israel is so very vulnerable and doesn't have a huge arsenal of nukes, not to mention it doesn't have a fanatical ally, USofA, that could send the world to the stone age.

Did I mention that Israel is one of the few nations in the world that hasn't signed the nuclear non-proliferation treaty?
edit on 15-2-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
My level of concern has risen appreciatively after that Wiki info....
Thanks

The real possibilities here almost deserve their own thread in WW3
I had not realized the heavy duty pickle that the military planners are in here......
From this information, an attack on the nuclear plant in Iran, would be catastrophic for these reasons alone....
see below
Leaders from Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries have consistently expressed fears that a serious nuclear accident at the Bushehr plant, located at the Persian Gulf port city of Bushehr, would spread radiation throughout the region. Indeed, Bushehr is closer to six Arab capitals (Kuwait City, Riyadh, Manama, Doha, Abu Dhabi, and Muscat) than it is to Tehran. And Iran's repeated assurances about the safety of this plant have fallen on deaf ears because of widely reported concerns over the project's 37-year-long construction history and the high level of seismic activity in Iran. ... A May 2011 report leaked by Iranian scientists cautioned that seismic danger to Iran could lead to a disaster similar to the meltdown at Fukushima.[8]

Some scientists, citing the aging equipment at the plant, fear there is a risk of a Chernobyl-like accident at Bushehr.[6] The Bushehr reactor is likely to cause the next nuclear catastrophe after the Chernobyl disaster and Fukushima disaster, according to a 2011 document written by an Iranian whistleblower.[7]

According to Kuwaiti geologist, Dr.Jassem al-Awadi, the plant is located at the junction of three tectonic plates.[32] However the United States Geological Survey and NASA characterise the geology as near the boundary of two tectonic plates, the Arabian plate and the Eurasian plate.[33][34]

Despite Iranian insistence that the Bushehr plant enjoys the "highest up-to-date standards," the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says that Iran “does not follow some important safety protocols”. Iran is the only country in the world with significant nuclear activities not to sign the 1994 Convention on Nuclear Safety, a crucial system of peer review and mutual oversight.[7][8] According to Nima Gerami, if Iran wants to minimize the risks of another nuclear disaster, it “should immediately sign and ratify the Convention on Nuclear Safety, establish an independent nuclear regulatory authority, and implement all IAEA recommendations to assure the safety of the public and the long-term reliability of what will become the first commercial power reactor in the Middle East”.[8]

Can you dig it????????

top topics

<< 1   >>

join