It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Loads Up First Home-Made Nuclear Rods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I thought I'd share this with you.

news.sky.com...

Could this be the excuse TPTB are waiting for?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Expect aluminum tubes to be "intercepted" by the world police soon.
edit on 2/15/12 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Gee, they got 1950s technology.

Good for them.

And to everyone... remember that these can only be used in REACTORS... not for nukes.

Nuclear rods are what is inside a reactor.

Iran will today load locally made nuclear fuel rods into its Tehran Research Reactor for the first time, a senior official has said.

And this shows that they are just at an early stage and not very good at it...
edit on 15-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Another Fukushima waiting to happen, with the rods loaded i'd give the odds at around 100% when the reactor is struck with all the electronic warfare going on they wont be able to shut the reactor down and in the chaos and inexperience the whole thing melts down.

I hope I am the one in a Million guy that instead of getting cancer from all this Radiation, becomes some kind of mutant superhero, that would be nice

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

I think Aluminium does not do the trick.

Pressurized water reactor (PWR) fuel consists of cylindrical rods put into bundles. A uranium oxide ceramic is formed into pellets and inserted into Zircaloy tubes that are bundled together. The Zircaloy tubes are about 1 cm in diameter, and the fuel cladding gap is filled with helium gas to improve the conduction of heat from the fuel to the cladding. There are about 179-264 fuel rods per fuel bundle and about 121 to 193 fuel bundles are loaded into a reactor core. Generally, the fuel bundles consist of fuel rods bundled 14×14 to 17×17. PWR fuel bundles are about 4 meters long. In PWR fuel bundles, control rods are inserted through the top directly into the fuel bundle. The fuel bundles usually are enriched several percent in 235U. The uranium oxide is dried before inserting into the tubes to try to eliminate moisture in the ceramic fuel that can lead to corrosion and hydrogen embrittlement. The Zircaloy tubes are pressurized with helium to try to minimize pellet-cladding interaction which can lead to fuel rod failure over long periods.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Yeah usually, they are made with an alloy of zirconium... not in aluminum...

I have not read anywhere from what Iran has made them... hopefully it's zirconium or else... uh oh.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
i think Iron will eventual have a disaster or have inside people steal some of there rods and use them for evil. cover your power rods Iran something might happen soon!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

I was referring to the aluminum tubes that were used as an excuse to invade Iraq.

"And what we've seen recently that has raised our level of concern to the current state of unrest ... is that he now is trying, through his illicit procurement network, to acquire the equipment he needs to be able to enrich uranium -- specifically, aluminum tubes," Cheney said, referring to one of the elements for making nuclear weapons.
Dick Cheney

And as we saw in reporting just this morning, he is still trying to acquire, for example, some of the specialized aluminum tubing one needs to develop centrifuges that would give you an enrichment capability.
Colin Powell

In 2002, Rice had said that the tubes were "only really suited for nuclear weapons programs," adding that "we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud."
Condoleezza Rice

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
(Posted from another closed thread)
The only people making this serious are America and Israel.
America expected Iran to come begging for fuel rods eventually, rejected the Tehran Declaration, Making (If not forcing) Iran to become one of the only 4 nations capable of producing their own Nuclear Fuel Rods.
And Israel? Assassinating Iranian scientists to try and coax a response from them, Only to be ignored like the children they are. So of course, Israel is now reacting for Iran with false flags.

I also love how the MSM refers to the Iranian made rods as "Home Made" when in actuality they are probably the most advanced type of rods being used today. But no, We must of course look at Iran as if the Mujahideen themselves have taken over Chernobyl with the intent of killing everybody.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrKiplingCould this be the excuse TPTB are waiting for?

I don't see how, nuclear fuel rods can hardly be used for a bomb.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MushroomWig

Originally posted by MrKiplingCould this be the excuse TPTB are waiting for?

I don't see how, nuclear fuel rods can hardly be used for a bomb.

They were used quite extensively for bombs around 2003.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Gee, they got 1950s technology.

Good for them.

And to everyone... remember that these can only be used in REACTORS... not for nukes.

Nuclear rods are what is inside a reactor.

i tried to post this in WATS by error:

the Iran reactor? Is It A Breeder Reactor ?

the Israeli Reactor (?desmona?) produces lots of fissionable material that is used for weapons every day it operates

if the Iran reactor is just a generating plant (like TMI was)
then Iran is just taking up the 'Atoms For Peace' program that Eisenhower began in the late 1950s...
but the War Hawks took over, scrapped the Atoms for Peace, ...
and did away with JFK in the process

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

The 3 shills of the apocalypse...

Nuclear rods and aluminum tubes for enrichment ain't the same thing....

The ``big`` Iran news...

Report: Iran says has started using new advanced centrifuges at Natanz uranium enrichment site

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Shhhh Israel doesn't have nuclear weapons. They especially haven't had them since at least 1958.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I'm aware, but how many people are not? Plenty of people would gladly lap up the CNN/FOX/CBS vomit of stories about aluminum tubes being needed to produce warheads.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
well good for them, glad to see another country advancing in technology even if it it 1950's tech

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
what are Rods ?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lordnightstalker

Another Fukushima waiting to happen

Every nuclear reactor is potentially another Fukushima or Chernobyl or Three Mile Island waiting to happen. Irans reactor is no different in this respect. The question really is what are the Israel and their lap dogs the US going to do to make it happen?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

The Iran reactor is :

The Tehran Research Reactor (TRR) is a 5 megawatt-thermal (MWth) pool-type light water research reactor

Pool-type reactor

Pool-type reactors, also called swimming pool reactors, are a type of nuclear reactor that has a core immersed in an open pool of water. The reactor core, consisting of the fuel elements and the control rods, is situated in an open water pool. The water acts as neutron moderator, cooling agent and radiation shield. The layer of water directly above the reactor core shields the radiation so completely that operators may work above the reactor safely. This design has two major advantages: the reactor is easily accessible and the whole primary cooling system, i.e. the pool water, is under normal pressure. This avoids the high temperatures and great pressures of nuclear power plants. Pool reactors are used as a source of neutrons and for training, and in rare instances for process heat but not for electrical generation.

It's a basic design for research. Nothing ground breaking. The first one built was in the 1940s...

As for Israel's nuclear reactor type... since it was built in the 60s, my guess would be it's of the Magnox type... but who knows.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

The question really is what are the Israel and their lap dogs the US going to do to make it happen?

They gonna bomb it, making it go critical and spreading radiation all over the middle-east and Asia...

I'm sure Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and China are gonna be pleased... NOT.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join