It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
As someone raised in the middle of Europe, WWIII was *always* on my mind. I just remember the 80s with Ronald Reagan and the cold war.

At that time i lived in Germany, basically right in between "West" and "East", and we Germans always knew that if a greater crisis would happen, Germany would likely be the first to get hit and destroyed. WWIII and the fear of it was something we were literally RAISED with.

There were many occasions where "smaller" crisis evolved, be it when the US attacked Tripolis, Iraq War I etc. where people were freaking since no one knew the outcome.

Now, i am older, having lived in the States, having lived here and there and now we are living in some tiny town in Southern Spain.

I see the current developments and i am almost at a point where i am laughing and don't give a #### anymore. I am at a point where my only concern would be to get enough popcorn so can we can "enjoy" the show, whatever might or might not unfolding.

This world, the politicians in particular...just look at them! Look at the current presidential candidates in the US, some christian religious freaks trying to run for presidency. Look at the middle east, the towel heads which are more or less the same fanatics as their US counterparts, just from another angle.

Look at the terrorists, murderers etc. everywhere in power.

This world has it coming and the so called "leaders" in this world are not deserving any better.

The US has gone down to ####s in the last decade(s), the middle-east is still the same nut-house it was in the 1970 or 1980, actually gotten worse.

In the past, there might have been occasions where we had charismatic leaders, powerful leaders...but above all maybe still had some spark of common sense in them. They could have bombed each other multiple times already, but didn't..for example in the Cuba crisis...at the end common sense still won and the most powerful nations in the world could avoid WWIII using diplomacy. Just as one example.

Today, i am not so sure about this! We live in a screwed up world where people want to re-introduce God and "Creationism" into the the schools in the US...and in the middle-east towel wearing "clerics" are calling out the Jihad and destruction of all "enemies" louder than ever before.

Am i afraid of WWIII?

Strangely...not anymore. I am afraid for possibly many innocent people killed, on both sides, but this is logical result of the insanity we are living in right now and doesnt suprise in the slightest. Crazy people/leaders using mass destruction as a means to achieve their own, insane goals.

Maybe WWIII and blowing both, western insanity and middle-eastern insanity to pieces is the only way out of this.
We know that no-one would "win" a global WWIII, but if there is something good about it..maybe this is it. Sometimes from destruction, new and better things arise. It would be about time, in my opinion.

edit on 15-2-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Another thread on ww3 it's so fascinating that if another world war doesn't happen there is gonna be a load of unhappy and wrong people. It can't happen because certain countries may not win the war but can cause too much hassle for the victor!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Nonsense. Of course somebody can win WW3. It always makes me laugh when people go "no one will win WW3". The one with better technology will win WW3.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
bring on the rain.
i have infinate copies of myself in parrallel universe im down.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theorynator
bring on the rain.
i have infinate copies of myself in parrallel universe im down.

LOL I love it.

I like your sense of logic, which means we can't die, mmmmmm OK I will go with that

new topics

top topics

join