It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three more hurricanes lurking offshore.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Jeanne and Karl in the Atlantic, warnings already given for the East coast.
Javier is in the Pacific and also menacing the States.

Man enough already.
The hurricane season has barely started.
How many more storms will brew up this year?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Earth's final gotten tired of us and wants us off!

[edit on 17-9-2004 by UnlmtdPotential]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Jeanne will be lucky to be a Cat 1 hurricane when it gets to Florida (if it does).

Karl looks like it will affect only sea life.

Javier can't do too much unless it figures out how to go backwards...

After 3 killer storms, I'm pretty much laughing at their successors, hehe...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Javier doesn't have to backwards, it can just go up to California!

Update:
CNN Meterologist has just said Javier could be heading for Arizona.
Go figure

[edit on 17-9-2004 by valkeryie]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think what is going on right now is a mechanism just like when we overheat we sweat and get rid of excess energy. The Hurricanes are forming to cool down the temperature of the ocean. I don't want them to hit land, I want them to cool down the water. There could be 20 hurricanes and none of them hit land and it would be a good thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
*Yawn*

Look at the records freely available from NOAA. If anything, this is and has been an extremely average season for tropical disturbances.

Florida has been hit with multiple hurricanes in one season before and this season has not been a record breaker so far. In fact, the season started somewhat late on average. Nothing new there.

All hurricane seasons pale in comparison to the years of 1887 and 1935. It's hard to correlate recent events to "global warming" and other doomsday scenario wet dreams on that fact alone.

Data on OceanWeather.com now indicates dropping water temps off the coast of Africa. This may be an indicator that the season is closing early. The trend of below normal tropospheric temperature measurements supports this. Once the tropical activity settles down (which I predict will be very soon), normal weather patterns will continue in the northern hemisphere (tropical drepressions tend to stall weather flow). Cooler weather patterns will bring in the Fall season early. This Winter will likely not be a mild one.

There is no climate doomsday on the visible horizon. Sorry.

new topics

top topics

join