It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do other worlds have a Jesus?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I brought this up a long time ago, but the post was pretty deep page wise,so I'll ask you guys what you think anyway. If God Knew the Devil was going to be a problem and he could have put him anywhere in the Universe then why did he put him down here with us and not on some other planet or remote location?

As far as Jesus goes, God only had one begotten son, One son, no more.To forgive the Earthlings. So in all these billions of other galaxies with all these billions of other possible planets and all the possible trillions of life forms, only Adam and Eve screwed up? Nobody on all those other worlds ever did something God disapproved of? Now or a billion years ago when others were alive out there in the cosmos?

What are the odds of getting stuck on the only messed up planet in the Universe?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
nope, heaven is reserved for a small portion of earthlings, out of an entire universe and all other possible universes.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by korath

Since the Devil is a spirit, you might think that he is not bound to earth.

And if there is life somewhere else, they will have their own Story of creation etc.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

What that totally doesn't make any sense. I'm no religious man and I don't believe in the bible or any of that but isn't that a little close minded of you to say? Kind of selfish don't you think? Ok let's say for the sake of arguement that there is a god, number one: There's no way that we're the only planet with intelligent life! That means that "God" would've created other forms of life on other planets. Even if it abandoned the creatures it still created them
Two: If "God" promised man heaven and all of that other stuff what makes you think that he didn't provide it to other creations?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Nope cause only Mormons go to Heaven. And there are no intergalactic Mormons, because that'd be terrifying

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CapSolo

What that totally doesn't make any sense. I'm no religious man and I don't believe in the bible or any of that but isn't that a little close minded of you to say? Kind of selfish don't you think? Ok let's say for the sake of arguement that there is a god, number one: There's no way that we're the only planet with intelligent life! That means that "God" would've created other forms of life on other planets. Even if it abandoned the creatures it still created them
Two: If "God" promised man heaven and all of that other stuff what makes you think that he didn't provide it to other creations?

Sarcasm is the drink of the day...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by korath

If the Catholic church had had it's way several hundred years ago, there would have been no scientific progress. No exploration of the sky with telescopes by Galileo and others, and the Earth would have remained flat. So basically...your question is illogical.

There would be no other worlds. No other life. Science has met with resistance by religion for the entirety of boths existence. Why? Cause one proves everything the other has told us is wrong...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

What are the odds of getting stuck on the only messed up planet in the Universe?

I dont believe it is the planet that is messed up but rather the people inhabiting the planet are messed up.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
no, i think we're the only f-cked up world, where God actually had to come down from Heaven to set things right.

the rest of the universe probably gets along just fine with God, which could explain why we haven't been invaded by the countless ufo's people have seen.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CapSolo

it's in the bible dude.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This is because the authors of the bible were naive enough back then to only believe that earth was the only planet in the universe with life. If you think about the whole idea of having to accept Jesus to be saved then why did Jesus only travel around Israel for 3 years preaching? It would seem like he didn't care about the rest of the population on the planet let alone the entire universe.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think that if they were advanced enough, they would have traded the silly make-believe concept
of religion as it is represented by the majority of belief systems to pure spirituality.

Religion is nothing but spirituality dumbed down for the people who haven´t
figured out how to use their own brains.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
They probably have their version of the Bible and Jesus, and that's why they don't contact us.

They haven't gone through any kind of Enlightenment age, so they're mainly still living in tents and caves, and they hate science because it says their world is only 6000 years old, and if they allowed cellular phones or computers then they fear the same science could be used to prove evolution.

At least they're not hypocrites. and they are happy with their flocks and hordes of wives and concubines.

They also wipe out the gays now and again, and hence a renaissance is not in their immediate future.

Old bearded men rule the roost, and they're not afraid to discipline their wives and kids.

So yes, this is quite possibly why we haven't heard from alien humanoids.
They haven't learnt when to take it all with a pinch of salt.
edit on 15-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Consider this. Not even 100% of THIS PLANET has jesus.

So why would another planet devoid of the mythology of human origins?

If you mean "in a sense" then I'd say possible given that it appears inherent to all people of earth to apply a 'god' and 'savior' to things they cannot comprehend.

But then, if you mean aliens, who may or may not be visiting us, and who may or may not exist with the technology to do so, then... I think they'd be as far removed from the archaic notion of religion, as we are from turning lead into gold.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I would think that omniscience and omnipresence would bound god and satan to absolutely everything. I also believe the reverse is true, I just don't think we have the faculties about us to actually comprehend it. Like the indians not being able to see columbus' ships.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
God does not need to know everything that will happen in the future, even if he has the capacity too. I realize that predestination is taught by some who claim to know the Bible, but it is not taught in the Bible. Rather it is quite clear that we have been created with freewill and can use it. In fact God has hope that each of his creation will use it for good. He has the ability to NOT foresee what the outcome of each of his creatures will be. Although he CAN if he chooses too, he has chosen not to, for he is not limited in what he can or cannot do in this respect.

In fact God's wisdom so far beyond our reasoning or understanding he simply needs to will something and he automatically knows all alternatives to reach his goal. If a wrench is thrown in it, he merely adjusts to the changing circumstances. For example he created earth with the purpose of mankind to live on it in perfect without ever dying. Yet Satan challenged his right to rule mankind. Jehovah merely changed the way he was dealing with things and put into operation a means by which he would bring all mankind back to perfect and break up the works of the Devil. All of this was put into prophecy in Genesis 3:15 and is the theme of the entire Bible.

God did not know the spirit creature known now as Satan the Devil would sin. He also did not foresee the fall of the first man and woman he created.

The fact that God's son came to earth and lived as a perfect human and died for our sins proved the challenge Satan gave God that no one would serve him faithfully was false.

Another imperfect human also proved Satan's accusation false and he was Job. But Satan's challenge against Job was not again him alone but against all humankind for he said "Skin in behalf of skin, and everything a man has he will give in behalf of his soul." Notice he did not say "Job" in that instance, but he implied all mankind by saying "everything a man has" that is if Satan was given the opportunity to put you to the test you will fail and turn your back on God.

It has been reasoned that the fact that this argument was made is a strong indication that at this moment there is no more life in the universe (aside from that in the spirit realm), otherwise that claim would need not have been proven by a human on earth.

The relatively small period of time that has passed for Satan to try and prove his challenge to God is sufficient proof that he was wrong. It also has allowed all humankind and all the spirit realm as well to see how an utter failure all types of human governments apart from God's rule has been.

Now that everything has been settled Satan will soon be destroyed and all human rule will be done away with when Jesus' kingdom government in heaven will come to earth and be established. This of course means a war in which Jesus will rid the earth of human rulership (all of them) and all wicked human society.

The precedents being set now on earth will be held into all eternity. When life is created and settled throughout the galaxy and universe the earth will forever stand as a testament to the fallacy of rebellion against the good and Almighty Sovereign of the universe, Jehovah God, and the untold human suffering that has been permitted by that God will never ever be allowed or permitted again for all times unto eternity.

What we are going through will never ever again happen anywhere else in the universe. We are living in a unique period in the history of the universe.

To short-sighted and ignorant humans who live a mere 70 or 80 years the few thousand years that God has allowed him to rule himself seem like forever. And while it is true that war has always existed since man rebelled against God, and misery, and death, and suffering, it is by no means an indication that will always be the case. Death will be done away with along with all suffering and misery.

Satan and this wicked world will only be a memory to future generations and a warning to all the bad that happens from those who rebel against Jehovah God, and never again will it be necessary to allow rebellion to show the creation what the outcome results in.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by korath

This world does not have a Jesus. He left.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
No, in order for a civilization to go as far as it can in science and keep from blowing each other up; they would have to give up religions, simply because all it does it divide and separate.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Satan and this wicked world will only be a memory to future generations and a warning to all the bad that happens from those who rebel against Jehovah God,

No. I never chose that. If I did, you are assumed to believe in reincarnation, which, by default, you are entitled to believe in a concept that does not involve a hell, eternal damnation, a pitch-fork wielding gremlin or any other superstitious boogeyman you use to personify the fears you cling to get along with life you know according to the ego you've developed.

By this standard, I, too, chose to reincarnate here, which means I'm dealing with the same bull# you are. But Please, if other galaxies/planets are dealing with a state of consciousness as we are, I'm sure there had to be a Jesus of their sorts too. Because, face it, we only use 3-5% of our brains. We're fear-induced from BIRTH! We're crying from the start! In fact, I'm 23 years old, and I spent an hour today (valentine's day) crying and wailing! No shame. F you if you think it. All I know from the fact is that everything happens for a reason, and that faith is deeper than you think.

People lived before Jesus. Are they burning in this hell-after-death right now, for all eternity? NOOOOO! So stop worrying! Love yourself, and love others! And you'll realize what all this time is about!

Good grief.!
edit on 15-2-2012 by 4KAAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by korath

If the Catholic church had had it's way several hundred years ago, there would have been no scientific progress. No exploration of the sky with telescopes by Galileo and others, and the Earth would have remained flat. So basically...your question is illogical.

There would be no other worlds. No other life. Science has met with resistance by religion for the entirety of boths existence. Why? Cause one proves everything the other has told us is wrong...

.......What?

That has nothing to do with the OP. He said do other worlds have a Jesus. Not the Jesus.
edit on 15-2-2012 by imherejusttoread because: And now that I've examined some posts, the same mistake is being made my numerous replies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join