It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love the USA?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
reply to post by nenothtu

Not going to bother quoting your two other posts above because for the first you just compared two random pieces of information not related and the second you completely twisted my words out of context.

I’m surprised you didn’t get a star for that lack of intelligence

I don't blame you.

I wouldn't quote anything I was afraid to answer, either - ESPECIALLY if I were going to level accusations unsupportable with the material I was afraid to quote!

For being a guy lacking in intelligence, I can sure enough see through YOUR game!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Not going to bother quoting your two other posts above because for the first you just compared two random pieces of information not related and the second you completely twisted my words out of context.

I don't blame you.

I wouldn't quote anything I was afraid to answer, either - ESPECIALLY if I were going to level accusations unsupportable with the material I was afraid to quote!

For being a guy lacking in intelligence, I can sure enough see through YOUR game!

Ah yes, ok then

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

Still no answer, nor indeed any meaningful response. I suppose this is the point where I should rest my case and claim victory in that debate, then.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Still no answer, nor indeed any meaningful response. I suppose this is the point where I should rest my case and claim victory in that debate, then.

There was no proper question to answer. Ok yes tell yourself you won if that makes you happy

How do you equate:

Your government is removing your rights bit by bit as we speak and the public want do a thing about it.

with:

A common delusion fostered by the illusion that the government issues those rights to begin with. they don't, and they can't take what they haven't given. One can fail to exercise his rights, but they cannot be "taken away" - he's just not exercising them.

You are only as free as you allow yourself to be. No one else has any say in it.

How is the second a "restatement in different words" of the first? By what twisted logic does "your rights are being taken away" add up to "your rights cannot be taken away"?
How did you come to the conclusion that this was what I was refering to and how is this a proper question when you just picked a random thing I had said and tried to make it look as though I had compared it to the latter.

Well we could argue this all day but there is nothing that makes your country superior to any other.

Superior?

Why does it need to be superior? I thought the question was "Why do you love the USA", not "why do you think the USA is superior"? That is two different questions.

I love the US because it is my home. that also makes it superior to the rest of the nations to me. It has been said that if I had a mansion in Shangri-La and a home in Hell, I'd sell that mansion and go home.

"Superior", I suppose, can be in the eye of the beholder.

When did I ever say it had to be superior? Once again you have just taken what I am saying out of context.
edit on 16-2-2012 by TheCommentator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

There was no proper question to answer. Ok yes tell yourself you won if that makes you happy

Sure there was, in this post. It was this:

Well we could argue this all day but there is nothing that makes your country superior to any other.

Superior?

Why does it need to be superior? I thought the question was "Why do you love the USA", not "why do you think the USA is superior"? That is two different questions.

Why does the US have to be "superior" to be loved?

You responded with this:

- which is no answer at all. It does, however, bring another question posted into the equation, which you couldn't answer, either. it was found in this post which you referred to but failed to respond to, and it ran thusly:

How do you equate:

Your government is removing your rights bit by bit as we speak and the public want do a thing about it.

with:

A common delusion fostered by the illusion that the government issues those rights to begin with. they don't, and they can't take what they haven't given. One can fail to exercise his rights, but they cannot be "taken away" - he's just not exercising them.

You are only as free as you allow yourself to be. No one else has any say in it.

How is the second a "restatement in different words" of the first? By what twisted logic does "your rights are being taken away" add up to "your rights cannot be taken away"?

Which question was prompted by your absurd post linked to within the quote. See? I'm not afraid to quote stuff when responding to it - if I have an actual response, that is..

Answer the questions or not - I'm not going to ask them again, and my money says you can't answer them. What do they call that sort of situation where you're from? We have a name for it here.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Ok keep making out stuff and taking words out of context

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ah. I see you edited the post while I was responding. Here is the response to the additions.

How did you come to the conclusion that this was what I was refering to and how is this a proper question when you just picked a random thing I had said and tried to make it look as though I had compared it to the latter.

Because you said this:

Haha at the fact this gets stars because the first half is basically what I said in different words.

In a post directly referring to what was re-posted there. I won't ask again how it's any sort of "same thing in different words" since I perceive your extreme discomfort in trying to wiggle out of answering that. The original post where you said that, and specifying what you were referring to, is here, with the relevant parts quoted again in my post directly above this one.

When did I ever say it had to be superior? Once again you have just taken what I am saying out of context.
edit on 16-2-2012 by TheCommentator because: (no reason given)

Right here:

To which I responded:

Superior?

Again, I'll refrain from asking the question again, since I perceive your difficulty in answering it.

edit on 2012/2/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Ok keep making out stuff and taking words out of context

Sorry, Hoss. The context is right there - that's the reason for quoting and linking to the relevant posts.

Try again, your wiggle room is getting slim.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

So because I said one thing you think it makes sense to compare that to something completley irrelivant?

I won't ask again how it's any sort of "same thing in different words" since I perceive your extreme discomfort in trying to wiggle out of answering that
It is not the same thing because you have compared two completely different things.

This:

Was in response to this:

14. Simply put, for all of its faults (and all nations have them), it's still the best nation on Earth, and I'm happy to call it my home.
Where did I say it had to be superior?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

So because I said one thing you think it makes sense to compare that to something completley irrelivant?

I won't ask again how it's any sort of "same thing in different words" since I perceive your extreme discomfort in trying to wiggle out of answering that
It is not the same thing because you have compared two completely different things.

No, YOU compared them, here

I am asking how do they compare, and you seem to be telling me they don't, so why did you say they did to begin with?

This:

Was in response to this:

14. Simply put, for all of its faults (and all nations have them), it's still the best nation on Earth, and I'm happy to call it my home.
Where did I say it had to be superior?

Right there it is again in your very own quote! I bolded it so that you can find it.

You can keep asking that question all day, but I'm not going to keep answering it. It's like answering a two year old who has learned that "why?" can lead to endless questions if left to stand alone. I've already answered that, more than once, with direct links and quotes, and I'm not going to keep doing it.

Here is a link to the post, and it has already been quoted ad nauseum by both you and I, so you should be able to amply confirm it.

If you can't answer why a country should need to be superior to be loved - which IS right there in the thread title, providing it's own context - , you can't answer, and that's all there is to that.

edit on 2012/2/16 by nenothtu because: Added bold

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

No, YOU compared them, here I am asking how do they compare, and you seem to be telling me they don't, so why did you say they did to begin with?
I didnt say they compared, I was refering to other stuff I have said in this thread.

If you can't answer, you can't answer, and that's all there is to that.
I have nothing to answer because your asking questions on false pretences.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

No, YOU compared them, here I am asking how do they compare, and you seem to be telling me they don't, so why did you say they did to begin with?
I didnt say they compared, I was refering to other stuff I have said in this thread.

You said, verbatim with added bold:

Haha at the fact this gets stars because the first half is basically what I said in different words.

Baldly stated HERE with a direct quote of what you were specifically referring to.

If you can't answer, you can't answer, and that's all there is to that.
I have nothing to answer because your asking questions on false pretences.

What sort of "false pretenses"? I have included links and direct quotes. No false pretenses here, just unanswered questions.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Right but I still wasnt referring to that.
Perhaps you should ask before making assumptions.

Your false pretence for 95% of that post was that I said that it had to be superior

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Right but I still wasnt referring to that.
Perhaps you should ask before making assumptions.

I assume you are referring to that which you directly quote as being referred to. If that is in error, the fault is not mine. I'm not the one who quoted it.

Your false pretence for 95% of that post was that I said that it had to be superior

You said it. I've quoted it, you've quoted it, and I even linked to it. You said it. No false pretenses there, it's right there in writing.

I think I'm through running these circles. I'll just assume you can't answer the questions, and move on. My point has been made, and recorded for posterity. It's not worth taking more page space up with just to have you continue to try wiggling out of it, claiming you never said what you even quoted yourself as saying. That takes mad skillz, eh?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I assume you are referring to that which you directly quote as being referred to. If that is in error, the fault is not mine. I'm not the one who quoted it.
Hey the post wasnt even to you and no one asked you to reply.

No, I did not say what you said I said.

I have answered every other resonable question you have asked and will be happy to answer more.
I never said I never said it I said I never said what you said I meant by what I said

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Hey the post wasnt even to you and no one asked you to reply.

It must have been my name at the head of the post that fostered the impression. So you were saying that you have been saying the same thing maestromason was saying in the post, that being an American in America is a wonderful thing? But wait! he was the only other person quoted there, and in a single place - there WAS no "first half" for you to agree with!

Why didn't you just respond to his original post that I was responding to?

No, I did not say what you said I said.

Quoted, linked, logged for posterity, right here in this thread. Nothing more need said unless an answer ever springs forth.

I have answered every other resonable question you have asked and will be happy to answer more.

I've not asked you any other questions - "reasonable" or otherwise - , so how have you answered any?

That last line was gibberish - beautiful, almost art work, but gibberish all the same.

edit on 2012/2/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

We all know the US war machine has gone into countless nations and cities, and targeted general civilians by bombing residential Ares and such.

No WE don't. You only say it is so. Perhaps you could educate us by mentioning some of the countries, and some of the incidents, in which you KNOW we intentionally targeted innocent civilians. Don't forget to provide sources.

Are you saying that every single Iraqi, Libyan, Vietnamese etc.. was a terrorist?

Not at all. I'm only saying that your claim of the US killing of millions of innocent people intentionally is either your lie, or one you've been brainwashed into believing.

Yes I have given much consideration to the murders by other countries but right now the US and Israel are the biggest threat to the world and peace.

I feel the misconceptions that you and many others promote is a MUCH bigger threat to the World, and it's inhabitants.

I never said humanitarian work was bad.

You certainly implied it could be with this comment:

My country does a lot of humanitarian work but It is probably just as bad as the US in the big picture.

So once again: What would make "humanitarian work" "bad"?

You ignored my question:

What is it that makes your country so much more lovable than mine?

Why? Is it because you are ashamed of your country?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Yes the USA and AUS are both western countries with high living standards. I was refering to the other 250 countries that arent.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Theres always going to be winners and losers, your utopian Shangra-la does'nt exist.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well, I have to say I hate the USA and everything it stands for. You're foreign policy is completely F*****, and so are the majority of people who live with in the USA ( Based on your own media's portrayal of the people. IE: MTV[jersey shore], Local News, Are you smarter than a 5th grader I mean come on, these are the people who are " Helping " the world) The USA has this very high and mighty way of thinking of themselves. They feel they have a right to go into undeveloped countries and " Free " or "save" them because they feel superior, when in fact in many ways they are not. You're ideals of bombing for peace, and murderous reform is absolutely disgusting. The USA is barely keeping it's head above water on an economic level, but they feel they have the right to tell other nations how to solve their problems and criticize them publicly. The US looks down on other nations solutions to hunger, poverty, protesting and yet the USA has more of these problems at home and offers more aid to foreign nations or to bail out it's banks. The entire system is flawed, the lack of education and care for it's own people is completely disturbing. They constantly promote a sense of entitlement, and the separation of "classes," and in doing so are a breeding ground for corrupt inhumane individuals who feel they are morally superior to everyone. I find it truly disturbing the US goes after dictators and individuals they dub terrorists or evil doers who have done very little to no harm to innocent people and then bomb the hell out of a poor country killing 15+ civilians for the intended targets and this is considered acceptable collateral damage. I have yet to hear of a US effort to help rebuild or compensate the wounded, killed and maimed civilians of any of their imperialistic crusades on terror. I can't remember the figure and I'm sure the true figure is lost in propaganda anyhow, but how many civilians have been killed in Iraq, Libya, and Afghanistan ? Okay, now how many "insurgents" were killed ? How many Americans lost their lives during these conflicts ? Now over roughly the last decade these 3 conflicts took place for 3 targets. Sadaam Husein, Moahmar Gadaffi, and Osama Bin Laden. When you look at all the loss of human lives, and all the money spent and peak through the wool and realize all of this was for 3 men!!!!! Millions lost their lives... MILLIONS !!!! Americans, Libyans, Afghans, Iraqi's and it really doesn't stop there because their were far more people involved. Out of all of this the disgusting truth is, 3 men 1 of which we know was hunted down on a basis of complete lie and misdirection. Sadaam Hussein may have been a truly cruel man, he killed thousands of his own civilians with gas attacks, but the USA went in after Weapons of Mass Destruction they assured us existed, hell they had pictures of huts, farms schools and hospitals that we bought as silos, munitions, labs and hide outs. To this day no evidence has been found of any of these WMD's we were so hot to persuit. I'm not even going to get into the heated discussion of 911, or the removal of a seemingly innovative, proud Libyan who wanted to take the country in a direction no one else has the balls to try because it may have solved some problems we've just greased up and let slip by for so many years.

3 men people. The cost was astronomical and disgusting. Was it worth it? Why would anyone love the USA when there are so many reasons to hate, loathe and curse the nation built on lies and dark secrets.

Nuff said.

Welcome to the New and improved USNN ( United States of Neo-Nazism.)
edit on 2/17/2012 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join