It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love the USA?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by nenothtu

Right, so you are saying that American executions are different to Iranian executions because....why exactly?

I said that? Where? Here I was, just thinking I was answering your question as to why executions are called "homicide". DidI really mention Iran in there? was it in the fine print?

I was saying that some people are claiming that Iranians are bad/evil etc because they stone people to death when America does the same thing....they just don't use stones. Then you come along with a completely unrelated explanation for 'Homicide' which I mentioned only to the effect of stating that America executes people the same as Iran does. The end result is the same.
edit on 15/2/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think people are COMPLETELY missing my point.

Some factions in Iran still stone people yes. That is bad. But to say America is better than Iran because of this is incorrect because America ALSO executes people - they just use electricity, chemicals or bullets rather than stones. In both cases, many people have been wrongfully executed, so to use this as a reason why one country is better than the other is bloody ridiculous.

Why is this so damn hard for people to understand? Am I speaking Klingon or something?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjigga

Tell you what: if you can get me the immigration papers to somewhere like Canada, Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, or Japan, I'll be happy to go.

But, to be honest, really just anywhere that I, as a lone young female, won't run a relatively high risk of being sold into sex slavery.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

A law that is practiced by only a minority few religious zealots yeah, as I have said a million times now.

No apologetic qualifiers in an attempt to wiggle out. Is it a LAW in Iran, or is it NOT?

Did you read the BBC Panorama piece on the tent cities yet? This is the bit that stood out for me....

According to census data, 47 million Americans now live below the poverty line - the most in half a century - fuelled by several years of high unemployment.

Yes, I read it. Couldn't find any "tent cities" in it, but there was mention of small encampments, which have been with us always. I used to hang out with some homeless guys who lived in such a camp. I tried to talk to them occasionally about improving their lot in life, and they allowed as how there were no improvements to be had - they thought they already had the best of all worlds, and perhaps they did - for them.

One I recall in particular, a guy named "Dave", had a sister living in a fine house in the same town - he could move in any time he liked, and she had entreated him to do so on several occasions, but he always refused. he liked it where he was, and who am I to say what he believed to be right for himself was "wrong"?

I've been there, done that, and checked it off. I wanted something different, and by God I got it - without governmental or corporate help. That was me, though, and they are welcome to live as they please. it's not for me to judge their desires. Another time, apart from the circumstances of my birth and upbringing, I lived outdoors for 8 months, 3 of which were through one of the harshest winters on record here. There's not a lot you can tell me about being homeless, or the agencies that cause it. No government or corporation put me there, and none got me out.

That was all me.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

And to clarify, though I can only speak for myself - I do not think America is 'better' than Iran and have never said this anyway. I was simply indicating that those who advocate most strongly against America so oft tend to love the 'I love Iran' threads and the such - using criticisms of the US that could so easily apply to Iran.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator

Why dont you give the love examples then

The USA has given over 1 trillion dollars in international aid to the victims of disasters in Haiti, Japan, Africa, Australia, Indonesia, India and citizens of recently overthrown dictatorships to aid in the establishment of democracies in the last 10 years.

The USA has held at bay Communism and Facism from stripping the natural born rights of human beings in other countries for the last century.

The USA and its citizens donate 10x (on average) more to varias charities around the world per capita. Those charities are responsible for building schools, hospitals and public works in 3rd world countires.

The USA provides for 1/3 of the Earths food supplies and maintains a reserve supply to help other countries with food shortages.

It may not be enough to "overcome" the bad as the OP suggests, but the USA has done more for other countries then any other civilization in recorded history.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

OK mate. I am done with this nonsense. You continue your life with your blinders on, turning the other cheek to the poverty and despair that is creeping through your country, and I will not bother you with it any more.

Just remember though....I have a looooong memory. When the faecal matter really does hit the fan please don't come crying and whinging to the rest of the world that you didn't see it coming. Because people like me will be there to tell you "Sod off...we warned you. You dug your graves now lie in them".

Good luck with that.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ComeFindMe

Well then, didn't you get me COMPLETELY wrong.

Pays to actually READ posts doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Never been to the USA but always heard good things from friends that have visited. However, USA politically is another thing. The American people and the country get good reports in general, but the he whole world hates the US government/Army.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You have completely missed my point.

Excuse me, I didn't realize Australia was the greatest country on earth. My mistake.

edit on 2/15/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: Hmm....

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Mate, did you even read the article? Did you look at the pictures? Or are you just sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming "Lalalalalala" to try and drown it all out?

Mate, I LIVE here! You're trying to tell me that living in Australia, reading the BBC from the UK, you know better than me what's real on the ground here?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

reply to post by jjjigga

The difference between Australia and the US is that Australia doesn't go around playing world police, claiming we are the greatest country on Earth and poking our noses into every other countries business. We also haven't got a crumbling economy and a populace being slowly squeezed dry by big corporations.

Oh, and we get free healthcare

Translation: "Australia is better than the US
"

So why are you whining and moaning over Americans loving their country when you're doing the exact same thing with yours?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I am American. I live in America. I am not proud to say those things. I should not be ashamed of my country. I should be a proud American, but I feel as though there is blood on my hands, since my taxes fund the bombing of women and children, all in the name of Oil. I should not lose sleep because of the actions of my homeland. I should be happy American...not...sad...American...only one man can help me sleep better at night. Vote Ron Paul 2012!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   

If you think that the BBC is my sole source of news about the US you are sorely mistaken. Indeed, an intelligent person would not even suggest this, knowing how ridiculous that sounds.

Like I said mate, I'm done with your cherry-picking nonsense. Enjoy your blinders, drink your Kool-Aid and stick your fingers in your ears and scream "LALALA" to your hearts content.

link   
1. The appearance that we have some kind of say in our government (even though real power rests with big corporations and industry)

2. We make the best TV shows and movies of any country. (and any other entertainment)

3. We're the world's largest economy and superpower, and we did it through innovation and creating a society that others often try to emulate.

4. Most people speak English (though that may change)

5. I can leave my house, go to work, and come home with little worry that my house will be claimed by the government, or that I'll be shot on the way.

6. I never worry about a foreign power invading, as it'd be suicide.

7. I could get a college education without the money up front.

8. I can work and create a life for myself, and my family.

9. The foundation of our government is sound, even though it has been morphed over time, into something catering to special interests. The foundation is still good, but we need to get back to some of the basic beliefs we were founded on.

10. When adversity hits, we come together, and are the world's biggest philanthropic nation.

11. We generally support human rights and democracy throughout the world and oppose tyranny, oppression, and genocide.

12. It's a beautiful country, a spacious country, and yes, the people are generally nice as a whole. We are generous, welcoming, and tolerant of different beliefs and cultures.

13. We are explorers, and have probes on their way to other stars, and have set foot on the moon.

14. Simply put, for all of its faults (and all nations have them), it's still the best nation on Earth, and I'm happy to call it my home.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n
"

So why are you whining and moaning over Americans loving their country when you're doing the exact same thing with yours?

Nope. Wrong again. The actual 'translation' was: "The US is no better than any other country".

No points for you. Please come again.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n
"

Nope. Wrong again. The actual 'translation' was: "The US is no better than any other country".

No points for you. Please come again.

Bro, your hypocrisy has shown through many of times so far in this thread. I think it's time you give it a rest because it's not like you're going to change anyone's mind here.

Usually the people that use
are the ones losing an argument.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
'Cause of soul music!

But Let's not forget about what happened to the panthers

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Right, so you are saying that American executions are different to Iranian executions because....why exactly?

I said that? Where? Here I was, just thinking I was answering your question as to why executions are called "homicide". DidI really mention Iran in there? was it in the fine print?

I was saying that some people are claiming that Iranians are bad/evil etc because they stone people to death when America does the same thing....they just don't use stones. Then you come along with a completely unrelated explanation for 'Homicide' which I mentioned only to the effect of stating that America executes people the same as Iran does. The end result is the same.

Negative.

You posed the specific question of why executions are listed on autopsy reports as "homicide". I presume you had an agenda to pursue with that line of reasoning, but I don't really care whether you did or not. I answered that question, thoroughly. How was that "completely unrelated"?

Pro tip: If you don't want questions answered, don't ask them. It's useless to claim the answer is irrelevant after you beg for it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I will tell you why I love the United States of America! First and foremost, my country gives, gives, gives hundreds of billions of dollars per year to countries in need. This does not include the billions upon billions of private donations given to struggling countries for humanitarian needs. Second, the United States is a country with the highest immigration count in the world. Why? Because it is a land of opportunity where anyone who wants to succeed and works hard at it, they will. Millions of people over the years have risked life and limb crossing our border to live the American dream. The third reason I love the United States is because this country will do everything in its power to protect its citizens, even if it has to attack the enemy country before they attack us. The fourth reason, is because of our military might! Unfortunately, due to the strict RULES OF WAR, we are not allowed to fight dirty like our enemies do. If allowed, the United States could take out a country in days if it wanted too. I do not like war, but without this power, we would be trampled on by our enemies. I wish our government would cease all financial assistance we give to countries who do not like us. Hell, I would like to see us stop funding the United Nations. We have paid trillions of American dollars to fund it because most countries do not stick to their financial responsibility to support it.
I am not going to be able to change any minds on this site because there are many ATS members on here whose job is to make my country appear as a murderous regime. If you do your own research, these accusations are false. Have innocent civilians been killed during conflict? Yes, is it intentional? Absolutely not! This is why I do not like war, many innocent people do and will continue to die due to bad intel, or just them being at the wrong place at the wrong time. We are not an arrogant people as many would have you believe. Americans are a very compassionate people who will help anyone in need. The arrogance you perceive is actually our citizens being proud, proud that we help others who need help. What you do not hear about is the billions of dollars in food and water our nations military transports and gives to developing countries. Nor do you hear about the hundreds of thousands of people who are brought here for surgery to save their lives, all done on the taxpayers bill. What you hear and read about my country is hate mongering and jealousy. Sure, the United States has its issues and some policies I disagree with, but the positive far outweighs the negative. Finally, I could say the worst things about my government if need be and not worry about men in black coming to my home and taking me out back to be shot. We have one rule here when it comes to freedom of speech, you cannot threaten to harm or kill anyone. This is a crime and it should be. God Bless America, our friends and our enemies. Maybe one day, there will be peace on earth but it won't be in my lifetime.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join