It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love the USA?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Because it's my home country.

The view is often skewed from the outside and on the inside you're always going to have people who are unhappy for whatever reason.

Hey, we're not perfect, but compared to the many places outside of the US I've been, I'm always happy to be back here. And I'm still waiting for my rights to be taken away as so many people said they have.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by ComeFindMe

Not forgetting, of course, that stoning is something that only a minority of religious zealots still practice - and is hated by the majority of the Iranian population.

Don't forget that bit.

Its still a legit, regularly practised law. Why are you forgetting that?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
And I'm still waiting for my rights to be taken away as so many people said they have.

Patriot Act?

Did you miss that did you?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe

Its still a legit, regularly practised law. Why are you forgetting that?

Please provide proof that it is regularly practised.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

No, I didn't miss it.

It didn't effect me in any way. But...I'm guessing it effected you, huh?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

So increased scrutiny and security and the militarisation of the police hasn't affected you yet?

Just wait until it does mate. You'll be singing a whole different tune when things get ugly.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It's the only place I have ever known. As selfish, greedy and manipulating as Americans are, I love them. The people, that is.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Ah. I see then. These "tent cities" are all in the BBC news. I guess I won't be moving there any time soon, then, because they're damn sure not here.

I'll ask again - what was that you were saying about swallowing propaganda?

"NEXT" indeed....

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Yes, I'm sure. It's a terrible thing to be a criminal in the US. And the police aren't militarized.

Of course it's hard to take the opinion of someone on the outside seriously.
edit on 2/15/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: Monkey Pie Fight

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Mate, did you even read the article? Did you look at the pictures? Or are you just sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming "Lalalalalala" to try and drown it all out?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Here: gaymiddleeast.com...

and here: www.pinknews.co.uk...

This gives more information on what constitutes a crime worthy of the death penalty: www.fidh.org... - adultery and spreading corruption on Earth - nice and vague!

Please provide proof of someone being sentenced to death for placing salt on a railroad track.

Then please stop arguing over pithy little points that are at best hypocritical and at worst ignorant.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by Kryties

Of course it's hard to take the opinion of someone on the outside seriously.

And therein lies the crux of why Americans are generally disliked globally. That's called Arrogance - and it will be your eventual downfall, of that I can assure you. Don't believe me? See: Decline of the Roman Empire.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

There is no answer to why some humans make for themselves leadership rather than community.

But if America doesn't, others will. And quite simply, I'm ok either way, because I'm an American and therefore don't have to worry about the world if America was isolationist, or imperialist. But you can go ask yourself that question if you live outside America. Do you want China as an ally or America?

Not my problem humans can't work together. But don't ask me a dumb question of why America feels the need to lead. That's like asking why do humans make art.

Humans make centralized leaderships. It's just their way.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Please provide proof of someone being sentenced to death for placing salt on a railroad track.

I cannot. You are deliberately twisting my meaning to suit your own purposes.

Although I CAN list off many people who have been found to be wrongfully executed in the US.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

And if I were to come around and say that Australia is just as close to being police state as America based on factors x, y, and z that I got from my television set, you would say the same thing. Unless you're some kind of masochist that loves living in fear.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Technically I can do that in America too. You are simply assuming that only the government can offer competent free medical care.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

Right, so you are saying that American executions are different to Iranian executions because....why exactly?

I said that? Where? Here I was, just thinking I was answering your question as to why executions are called "homicide". Did I really mention Iran in there? was it in the fine print?

Since you brought it up, however, American executions differ from Iranian executions in the rationale for executing, and the court procedure leading up to such. We have impartial secular courts that execute for a very small (dare I say singular?) set of circumstances, they have sharia kangaroo courts that execute for a wide variety of "misdeeds". We, for example, don't hang homosexuals, nor do we stone adulterers. Their actions do not kill others with malice aforethought, or lead to mortal imperilment of others, and therefore do not warrant execution.

next question....

edit on 2012/2/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Please do, I would be interested to read what you can come up with.

edit on 15/2/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

I cannot. You are deliberately twisting my meaning to suit your own purposes.

Although I CAN list off many people who have been found to be wrongfully executed in the US.

Then don't use pathetic analogies and examples to point score in the first place!

Please feel free to list any group of people you like - but only if you can confirm that wrongful execution is solely an American problem and that miscarriages of justice - slight or momentous - only occur in America. Otheriwse, stop bashing one country for things that happen everywhere else!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

Wrong again. What gets on my goat is the constant and persistant bombardment, by Americans, of reasons why America is better than the rest of the world. America is NOT better than the rest of the world and I make it my duty to inform them of that.
edit on 15/2/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Well...then you should remind them they are not all that!!. You just have been unlucky to have met up with (big headed boastful Americans) I am an American and I don't know anyone who claims we are better than anyone else.
..I live in a small village that is made up of families who are doing their best for their children and are working hard to do that. These people have daily lives to take care of, and not once have I heard people going around proclaiming we are better than anyone else.

I am so sorry your experience with Americans has been so bad, but you are judging all of us based on those experiences. I would not judge Australia based on you, as one person, compared to the whole continent.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join