It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mass Die Off!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Whether or not you buy into humans being the cause of all of the problems no the planet, we're all going to meet an end sooner or later and though I fear death, I've extended my arms and have accepted it. That will not stop me from taking little steps at helping out though. I've since began eating less meat and have been recycling regularly.

I feel for these dolphins.
They're such beautiful intelligent creatures and marvels of science if you believe that they were once land dwellers. It's not right that all of these beautiful species are dying off but there's nothing we can do about it but to try to clean up our acts. If it's because of all of that in Japan, that just shows the evils of nuclear power. It's useful sure, but things like this can always happen. I live in Pennsylvania and if three mile island were to ever be set off even though it's two hours away, i'd still be fried. Things like this can happen at any moment and we may prepare but that will not always be successful. I hope that someone can take the lead of responsibility, find out the real problem for the dolphin deaths, and begin trying to erradicate the problem before it's too late. Dolphins are too special of an animal to lose on this earth.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
These beautiful Dolphin's who interact with us - if only they could talk - I wonder what they would tell us.

I also wonder what else we're eating when we have fish for dinner?

We were warned.

Seriously, Revelations says 1/3 of all the oceans will die. Prophecy is unfolding all around us folks.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I've been following these reports of Mass Die Offs....

I'm also noticing people around me dropping like flys as well.

Last year it was reports of babies passing away and I had a cousin in New Mexico that had their daughter with down sydrome past away at 8 mos.

I'm seeing a couple of friends being diagnoised with cancer. I had one that's been fighting it for 16 years past away last year as well.

This year it's older people getting sick and dying of complications. Me and a few others at work last week had relatives past away.

I also had friends tell me of there relatives passing away last week as well. I've also had 2 friends report that there dog and cat passed away last month.

Dropping like flys or I'm I just getting old and so are others and it's just there time to go....

I'm thinking there maybe something accerlating the death rates but we haven't quite figured out what it is....

I believe we'll keep at it until we do figure out what's going on and I pray we do before it's too late to do something about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

I wonder how much of this mass extinction event is due to mankind's rape of the environment for his selfish greed?

The oceans are lost. We keep dumping waste and plastic into them and pretending everything is okay.

Some of these long-lasting plastics end up in the stomachs of marine birds and animals, and their young,[5] including sea turtles and the Black-footed Albatross.[31] Besides the particles' danger to wildlife, on the microscopic level the floating debris can absorb organic pollutants from seawater, including PCBs, DDT, and PAHs.[32] Aside from toxic effects,[33] when ingested, some of these are mistaken by the endocrine system as estradiol, causing hormone disruption in the affected animal.[31] These toxin-containing plastic pieces are also eaten by jellyfish, which are then eaten by larger fish.

Many of these fish are then consumed by humans, resulting in their ingestion of toxic chemicals.[34] Marine plastics also facilitate the spread of invasive species that attach to floating plastic in one region and drift long distances to colonize other ecosystems.[15]

On the macroscopic level, the physical size of the plastic kills birds and turtles as the animals digestion can not break down the plastic.[35]

Research has shown that this plastic marine debris affects at least 267 species worldwide and a few of the 267 species reside in the North Pacific Gyre.[36]

Link

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
I've been following these reports of Mass Die Offs....

I'm also noticing people around me dropping like flys as well.

Last year it was reports of babies passing away and I had a cousin in New Mexico that had their daughter with down sydrome past away at 8 mos.

I'm seeing a couple of friends being diagnoised with cancer. I had one that's been fighting it for 16 years past away last year as well.

This year it's older people getting sick and dying of complications. Me and a few others at work last week had relatives past away.

I also had friends tell me of there relatives passing away last week as well. I've also had 2 friends report that there dog and cat passed away last month.

Dropping like flys or I'm I just getting old and so are others and it's just there time to go....

I'm thinking there maybe something accerlating the death rates but we haven't quite figured out what it is....

I believe we'll keep at it until we do figure out what's going on and I pray we do before it's too late to do something about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Imagine you're sitting in rush hour traffic and all of a sudden everyone within a half mile radius dies just like the fish and the birds.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Scientists should just ask the dolphins

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by goflamesgo

Sorry, new and having a hard time editing my last post, which I sent without repying to, so I'll just reply to myself.lol

I too have noticed many people dying around me. 3 of 7 co-workers just this past year, granted I do work with a lot of baby boomers, so it could just be the odds. However, what I have found strange on a personal level is that for the last 3 months I have been falling over, always to the left. I dont get dizzy or feel weak, always get right back up. Yes, I am getting older, but not that old, 30's. This could be anything right? Well, this is where it becomes bizzare, my mother, brother, aunt and two cousins are all getting checked for the same thing. I assume this is obviously a family related thing, but why now, all at once, different ages, and never before in our history? I've been thinking lately that perhaps its the atmosphere itself changing, or perhaps the core....something, and my family is perhaps more affected? And it can have nothing to do with the area as I live in Nova Scotia, my mother in Newfoundland, aunt and one cousin in Alberta, a cousin in British Columbia, and my brother is a teacher in South Korea. Anyone wanna solve this one for me. lol

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

260 dead dolphins found on the beach.
reply to post by quedup

Of course it is of concern, and should be investigated.
I just wish people would be more concerned with the "Mass die-off" of starving children throughout the entire world.

Every day, almost 16,000 children die from hunger-related causes. That's one child every five seconds. There were 1.4 billion people in extreme poverty in 2005. The World Bank estimates that the spike in global food prices in 2008, followed by the global economic recession in 2009 and 2010 has pushed between 100-150 million people into poverty.

www.bread.org...

and:

Hunger and Poverty Facts Did you know? In 2008, nearly 9 million children died before they reached their fifth birthday. One third of these deaths are due directly or indirectly to hunger and malnutrition.

ibid

Thus, more children die in 17 minutes than the 200 dolphins mentioned in the OP.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Of course it is of concern, and should be investigated.

www.treehugger.com...

Cancers Threaten Wild Animal Populations

Christine Lepisto
Business / Corporate Responsibility
June 24, 2009

Green turtles belong to the groups of marine denizens known to suffer from high levels of cancer in the wild.

Cancer kills about one in every ten humans; now a new study done under the auspices of the Wildlife Conservation Society reveals that some wild animal species are dying at similar rates. Tazmanian devils, turtles, whales, sea lions, dolphins and fish are some of the species shown in the study to be suffering from elevated rates of cancer, in some cases threatening the very survival of the species. Cancer prevalence in green turtles, an endangered species, have increased 92% since the early 1980's, reaching epidemic proportions in some areas along the coasts of Florida, Hawaii and Caribbean islands. The authors have hypothesized that cancer must join habitat destruction, over-hunting of the turtles and their eggs and fishing accidents as a cause of population decline in the threatened green turtle species.

Cancers Prevent Animals from Mating and Reproducing In some cases, cancers could threaten populations by preventing reproduction in addition to killing individuals. Sea lions found off of California suffer widespread metastasizing genital carcinomas which prevent them from mating. Rarely seen before the 1980's, such cancers were found in over 18% of sea lions washed up on California beaches. In a separate study of sea lions killed during an unusual algal bloom, 6.3% were found to have cancer. Fortunately, sea lion populations have been growing in spite of the simultaneous increase in observed cancers. Ocean-going dolphins are also showing increased rates of genital cancers.

Pollution Causing Animal Cancers Cancer is the second leading cause of death in Beluga whales living in the Saint Lawrence River estuary, collector of smelting effluents and known to have elevated levels of cancer causing polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). Higher rates of cancer in bottom feeding fish point to the potential dangers of carcinogens lurking in the sediments at the bottom of lakes and waterways.

I don’t want to sound calloused but I may come across that way. Human beings have been dying by the MILLIONS year in and year out for thousands of years for one reason or another, mostly at the hands of other human beings. And yes, of course we should continue working on saving people. But these animal cases as described above yet again at the hands of humans, have only been occurring for the last few decades. If we don’t stop the causes of these animals dying, and SOON, there will be a heck of a lot more than the "9 million children dying before their 5th birthday".

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have just watched the video in your link.....
Has anyone else notice that the dolphins actually look burned? Now watch the video again and take particular notice of the skin? It looks burned surely thats more than just exposure to sun?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

I personally believe it's being caused by radiation AND something the U.S. Navy subs may be doing. Maybe they're testing a more powerful active sonar (or something more sinister for harbor defense) that's misguiding/killing these dolphins. I tend to lean more towards the latter though.

Just a thought.

Active Sonar
edit on 2/15/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

I did a thread during the last plasma CME injection that hit the earth where 90 whales beached in NZ and again we have been hit and are seeing these deaths. Dolphins and whales use EMF to navigate. So sensitive the Mass injections could be scrambling their sensitive brains.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Haarp, Chemtrails, Fukushima, GMO foods from Monsanto, Where to start :s.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sun is also to blame for messing with E.M sensitive animals birds fish etc.

But us allowing the New World Order to continue has done so much damage!. And the Navy cruising around with Sonar weapons blowing dolphins heads open....

Fu*k you human race :/

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

This is all I have to say on the matter.
edit on 2/15/2012 by TheBlueShiroux because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/15/2012 by TheBlueShiroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

And yes, of course we should continue working on saving people. But these animal cases as described above yet again at the hands of humans, have only been occurring for the last few decades.
reply to post by Gridrebel

Actually, animals have been driven to near extinction as long as man existed, and many are at the hands of humans. Look at the bison that roamed the central US in herds so large that the thunder of their movement was heard and felt great distances away. They were nearly made extinct at the hands of humans:

American bison were eventually brought to near extinction by the late 19th century. The U.S. army sanctioned the whole-sale slaughter of the bison herds to allow cattle ranchers to establish themselves without competition. This also hurt the Native American tribes who depended on the bison herds for survival. The Native American tribes themselves, now armed with guns and horses, also contributed to the demise of the bison, killing about 1/3 of a million Bison per year in the southern plains alone.

www.todayifoundout.com...

In fact, one well known person killed 20,000of them:

Buffalo Bill Cody is estimated to have killed around 20,000 bison in his lifetime. Ironically, he was one of the most outspoken supporters of plans to protect the bison populations through legislation. In the end, President Grant vetoed the bill that would have protected the herds, due to the frequent small wars the U.S. had to fight with the Plains Indians. By getting rid of the bison herds, it took away the Plains Indians primary food and clothing source.

ibid

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by LeLeu

I wonder how much of this mass extinction event is due to mankind's rape of the environment for his selfish greed?

The oceans are lost. We keep dumping waste and plastic into them and pretending everything is okay.

Some of these long-lasting plastics end up in the stomachs of marine birds and animals, and their young,[5] including sea turtles and the Black-footed Albatross.[31] Besides the particles' danger to wildlife, on the microscopic level the floating debris can absorb organic pollutants from seawater, including PCBs, DDT, and PAHs.[32] Aside from toxic effects,[33] when ingested, some of these are mistaken by the endocrine system as estradiol, causing hormone disruption in the affected animal.[31] These toxin-containing plastic pieces are also eaten by jellyfish, which are then eaten by larger fish.

Many of these fish are then consumed by humans, resulting in their ingestion of toxic chemicals.[34] Marine plastics also facilitate the spread of invasive species that attach to floating plastic in one region and drift long distances to colonize other ecosystems.[15]

On the macroscopic level, the physical size of the plastic kills birds and turtles as the animals digestion can not break down the plastic.[35]

Research has shown that this plastic marine debris affects at least 267 species worldwide and a few of the 267 species reside in the North Pacific Gyre.[36]

Link

Very good

You are quite correct, this mass extinction is indeed man made.
When you consider loss of habitat and air polution along with rubbish/waste it all
has an accumulative affect.
Then there are the Earth changes that these things also produce.

To make matters even worse, in terms of global warming.
We have already gone beyond the point of no return.
These things can't be "undone" now.

Global warming has reached the point of no return, a study published in the Tuesday edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences by a joint team of the U.S., French and Swiss researchers concludes.

People have imagined that if we stopped emitting carbon dioxide the climate would go back to normal in 100 years, 200 years; that’s not true,” she said, adding the effects are well nigh irreversible.

greenhouseneutralfoundation.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Do you think this could affect the birds too? might be a stupid question but doesn't hurt asking lol because this was one of the things that came to mind when hearing about and recently seeing birds dying.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ISis12RA12ELohim

If what I think has any merit the smaller the target the bigger their prize. Sorry but no other manor to say it. Sorry

I happen to think this device is something likened to what they are using on Cancer treatment, where they target receptors
edit on 16-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Dolphins and whales beach themselves every now and then. But I don't remember seeing such big numbers. Strangely it has been peaking. Along with other animals, insects and birds. Not good.

reply to post by OldCorp

Prophecy is unfolding all around us folks.

It could be. It could very well be.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join