It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grover Norquist Says Romney Will Do As He's Told

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Grover Norquist, powerful lobbyist, master of graft, and co-author with Newt-Gingrich of the Contract on America--oops, excuse me--Contract with America, says that Romney will do as he's told by the congressional conservative leadership.

According to The Daily Beast:

The most quoted speech at CPAC this year was Mitt Romney's, but my vote for the most significant goes to Grover Norquist's. In his charmingly blunt way, Norquist articulated out loud a case for Mitt Romney that you hear only whispered by other major conservative leaders.

They have reconciled themselves to a Romney candidacy because they see Romney as essentially a weak and passive president who will concede leadership to congressional conservatives:

"All we have to do is replace Obama. ... We are not auditioning for fearless leader. We don't need a president to tell us in what direction to go. We know what direction to go. We want the Ryan budget. ... We just need a president to sign this stuff. We don't need someone to think it up or design it. The leadership now for the modern conservative movement for the next 20 years will be coming out of the House and the Senate."

Well, now we know what we have to look forward to for the next 20 years: More of the same, only much worse.

Gee--thanks a lot, Grover....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Good thing the republicans have no chance of winning this election

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Yes. Well. The alternative does not exactly fill me with great cheer and optimism either.

Jeebus. I keep hoping for a Ron Paul miracle--as remotely likely as that is....

edit on 2/14/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by Hawking

Yes. Well. The alternative does not exactly fill me with great cheer and optimism either.

Jeebus. I keep hoping for a Ron Paul miracle--as remotely likely as that is....

edit on 2/14/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

Haha I agree with that sentiment..

When can you vote for him? I believe in TX the primary is March 6 - I'll be throwing in a vote for RP. All I can really do at this point

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
California Primary is June 12.

Hmm.... Delegate Tracker as of today's date:

2012 Delegate Tracker
Romney........123
Santorum........72
Gingrich..........32
Paul...............19

God that is sad. Oh well. It's not as if we expected it to be rigged in favor of honesty.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

You do know that the majority of those delegates haven't actually been assigned yet, correct? They are just best guesses based on popular votes, which have little to do with actual delegates votes, the ones that count for who gets the nomination...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

2012 Delegate Tracker
Romney........123
Santorum........72
Gingrich..........32
Paul...............19

God that is sad. Oh well. It's not as if we expected it to be rigged in favor of honesty.

Nice to know Nor Cal is being well represented in these parts by others
. Anyway, don't lose all hope, yet. You've probably already seen this, but on the off chance you didn't:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still a remote chance, yes, but it's a chance nonetheless.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Akuhei because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

2012 Delegate Tracker
Romney........123
Santorum........72
Gingrich..........32
Paul...............19

You realize the delegate tracker is completely bogus and a complete lie right?

These numbers are a projection. Delegates from Iowa, Nevada, Maine are not assigned to anyone. They are soft delegates and will cast their vote later on. The MSM simply assigned these delegates based on their own criteria. It is not based in fact.

new topics

top topics

join