It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation hits Tokyo from 2/13 to 2/15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
fukushima-diary.com...

Meteocenter Swiss forecast the radiation flow from Fukushima. According to the report, wind of 10m and 500m height will blow from Fukushima to Tokyo. Radiation is assumed to widely hit Tokyo from 3:00 AM 2/14/2012 to 8:00 AM 2/15/2012 (JST). It’s better to wear a mask or stay inside as much as possible. Happy Valentine’s day !

The hits just keep on coming....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

dprogram.net...

(NHKWorld) – One reading of Fukushima reactor exceeds 80 C***see Footnote at bottom*** The operator of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant says the No.2 reactor is in a state of cold shutdown. This is despite the fact one of its thermometers showed a temperature above 80 degrees Celsius on Sunday.

The reading of the thermometer at the bottom of the reactor began to rise late last month, prompting TEPCO to increase the injection of water into the reactor. Although the reading temporarily declined, it started to rise again on Saturday and reached 82 degrees at 2:20 PM on Sunday. The government and TEPCO declared in December that all the reactors were in a state of cold shutdown, with temperatures below 100 degrees. At that time they set guidelines to keep reactor temperatures at a maximum of 80 degrees, given the thermometers’ margin of error of up to 20 degrees. This is the first time a temperature reading has exceeded 80 degrees Celsius since the declaration was made. TEPCO reported the reading to the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency. TEPCO maintains the reactor is in a state of cold shutdown for a number of reasons. Two other thermometers installed at the same height as the one in question show temperatures dropping to around 35 degrees. The readings of 3 other thermometers placed about 1.5 meters lower fell as TEPCO increased the amount of water injected into the reactor. A study of air samples collected around the reactor shows no sign of nuclear criticality occurring at the unit. TEPCO is increasing the volume of water poured into the reactor and looking into the cause, including a possible thermometer malfunction. The nuclear safety agency also suggests that something is wrong with the thermometer. It has instructed TEPCO to consider ignoring the thermometer’s reading when monitoring the reactor. The agency has required the utility to report how it will check the status of the reactor. TEPCO says it will carefully monitor the reactor and will not rule out the possibility that its temperature might actually be rising. Monday, February 13, 2012 05:10 +0900 (JST) ***Temperature now 90*** www3.nhk.or.jp... Nuclear accident scenario kept under wraps www3.nhk.or.jp... video I posted September 28, 2011 about evacuation of TOKYO being hidden BUSTED: Japan ‘scared’ of telling truth to Fukushima evacuees 9/28/11 Uploaded by MsMilkytheclown on Sep 28, 2011 Ultimate Insider: Prime Minister contemplated evacuating 30 million from Tokyo, didn’t because fear of mass panic and chaos — Said eastern Japan might collapse Japanese PM considered evacuation of Tokyo. ABC Australia, September 28, 2011: MARK COLVIN: [...] Kenichi Matsumoto is the ultimate insider. As special advisor to Japan’s prime minister and cabinet he witnessed both the government’s and the plant operator’s responses to the worst nuclear accident in a quarter of a century. And when it comes to the meltdowns, Professor Matsumoto paints a picture of cover-ups, incompetence and communication breakdown. [...] MARK WILLACY: He’s been described as the prime minister’s ‘brains trust’ but Kenichi Matsumoto isn’t a nuclear physicist or a scientific genius. The history professor and author was a special advisor to the Japanese cabinet when a tsunami slammed into the Fukushima nuclear plant. So he would become a witness to history and he’s given the ABC an ultimate insider’s account of what happened in the hours and days after March 11 [...] Japan ‘scared’ of telling truth to Fukushima evacuees, ABC Australia, September 28, 2011: [...] Matsumoto confirms the prime minister at the time — Naoto Kan — also contemplated evacuating tens of millions of people from in and around Tokyo. [...] “There was no clue about the amount of radiation coming from the Fukushima plant or if it was spreading over 100 or 200 kilometres. “If that was the case, Tokyo would be in danger. And prime minister Kan actually said that eastern Japan might not be able to keep functioning; that it might collapse.” Professor Matsumoto says in the end, talk of tens of millions ["30 million people"] being evacuated was dismissed, with fears it would cause mass panic and chaos worse than the nuclear crisis itself. [...] link to audio interview here: www.abc.net.au...… [NOTE: Half-life is the time taken for a radioactive substance to decay by half.] * Cesium-134 ~ 2 years * Cesium-137 ~ 30 years * Iodine-131 ~ 8 days * Plutonium-239 ~ 24,200 years * Ruthenium-103 ~ 39 days [Ruthenium is a fission product of uranium-235.] * Ruthenium-106 ~ 374 days * Strontium-90 ~ 28.85 years [Strontium-90 is a product of nuclear fission and is found in large amounts in spent nuclear fuel and in radioactive waste from nuclear reactors.] * Uranium-234 ~ 246,000 years * Uranium-235 ~ 703.8 million years * Uranium-238 ~ 4.468 billion years

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What,but they are in cold shut down and no radiation at all anymore,right?

Not funny at all it has been a big coverup and the people of Japan and the world will suffer.
God bless us all.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The only thing that seems to be in cold shut down around Tokyo and Fukushima these days are the brains of the Japanese leaders and corporate officers at TEPCO. At least they'll get a few good shots of their own toxins before the rest of the world watches this catch up.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Tokyo, today 02/15/2012

Average, a little bit above Pre-Fukushima!

Fukushima-Diary is just a Blog and not a Source for accurate Information!

edit on 15-2-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
And that little machine is? I don't think anyone said anything about accurate information. In such misinformed times it's good to look at things from all angles.

Thanks for the post omegacorps.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
The hits just keep on coming....

And no one is talking about it in the MSM.

I was stationed outside Tokyo back in the 1980s. Camp Zama Japan. Kanagawa Prefecture.
I'm VERY glad I'm not stationed there now. I know they evac'd the dependents.
I'm wondering if our military folks are still there. I wonder if Atsugi still has US military there.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

if you read it. its not a ground level. take the reading 10m above the ground please.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

Could you post what some of the more normal levels are to guage just how serious this situation is?

Also what does staying indoors have to do with radioactive protection?

The truth needs to be clear cut and precise for these people and the lies need to end, they deserve to know that their government and the world leaders are not being responsible, they are in fact part of a huge coverup that will undoubtedly kill millions.

I am so fed up with the nuclear arena! It is NOT safe in any way. The planet is changing, it is moving, it cannot sustain this illusion of horror.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

en.wikipedia.org...

Natural background radiation comes from two primary sources: cosmic radiation and terrestrial sources. The worldwide average background dose for a human being is about 2.4 millisievert (mSv) per year.[8] This exposure is mostly from cosmic radiation and natural radionuclides in the environment (including those within the body). This is far greater than human-caused background radiation exposure, which in the year 2000 amounted to an average of about 5 μSv per year from historical nuclear weapons testing, nuclear power accidents and nuclear industry operation combined,[9] and is greater than the average exposure from medical tests, which ranges from 0.04 to 1 mSv per year. Older coal-fired power plants without effective fly ash capture are one of the largest sources of human-caused background radiation exposure. The level of natural background radiation varies depending on location, and in some areas the level is significantly higher than average.[10] Such areas include Ramsar in Iran, Guarapari in Brazil, Kerala in India,[11] the northern Flinders Ranges in Australia[12] and Yangjiang in China.[13] In Ramsar a peak yearly dose of 260 mGy (not mSv) has been reported (compared with 0.06 mSv of a chest radiograph or up to 20 mSv of a CT scan).[14] The highest levels of natural background radiation recorded in the world is from areas around Ramsar, particularly at Talesh-Mahalleh which is a very high background radiation area (VHBRA) having an effective dose equivalent several times in excess of ICRP-recommended radiation dose limits for radiation workers and up to 200 times greater than normal background levels. Most of the radiation in the area is due to dissolved radium-226 in water of hot springs along with smaller amounts of uranium and thorium due to travertine deposits. There are more than nine hot springs in the area with different concentrations of radioisotopes, and these are used as spas by locals and tourists.[15] This high level of radiation does not seem to have caused ill effects on the residents of the area and even possibly has made them slightly more radioresistant, which is puzzling and has been called "radiation paradox". It has also been reported that residents have healthier and longer lives.[14] On the basis of this and other evidence including the fact that life had originated in a much more irradiated environment, some scientists have questioned the validity of linear no-threshold model, on which all radiation regulations currently depend.[15] Others point out that some level of radiation might actually be good for health and have a positive effect on population based on the controversial radiation hormesis model, by jump starting DNA repair mechanisms inside the cell.[16][17] Background radiation doses in the immediate vicinities of particles of high atomic number materials, within the human body, have a small enhancement due to the photoelectric effect.[18]

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiappa
And that little machine is? I don't think anyone said anything about accurate information. In such misinformed times it's good to look at things from all angles.

Thanks for the post omegacorps.

This is your Opinion but not my,
even Tepco provide better Information
than anything from that (F-D) Blog,
there are not many People in Japan anymore who
look what he is writing, in fact more and more People get very angry

I just checked; 0.09uSv/h with my Radex,
when i worked with a 20% Range or Errors it is still low.

But i can see some increased Levels via the METI-Page
but i recommend to look for the Levels!

At the moment the Wind is coming from the north of China,
very cold here and Snowy in the Mountains on the West Side!

new topics

top topics

join