It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is in danger of hell fire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yeah right, when he is coming back as King of Kings and takes charge to rule from the Father you think he is going to Hell I doubt it, has someone been wishing that is the case, who would wish such a fantasy, I dunno he must has at least a few enemies who wish this was the way.

Jesus said he spoke in Parables because when he spoke directly people would not believe him so he had to change the method of speaking so people could work it out for them selves, it must have been like speaking to thin air it did not compute with them.

Quote:
The enemies of Jesus were always waiting for him to say something they could use against him (Lke 11:53-54). By speaking in parables, Jesus was making it very hard for them. He could hardly be arrested for telling homely stories!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
There is no such thing as eternal fiery damnation.
Yeshua never went to hell, he went to Sheol or the grave. Where everybody who died went, temporarily of course.

I agree with some of the other posters, the misconceptions are due to gross mis-translations.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

Everything you said is completely true. Especially Mark 4:11 Now think about it a while young man....... No one has yet to post in this thread what it means. I know. I know exactly what the text says....and you don't have to use ANY useless greek to explain it away. My, o my what that Holy Bible has in it. I think I will wait around and see what others may say about your verses.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

"Useless Greek"? Greek was what the New Testament was written in. Greek has nuances that English lacks. It is absolutely necessary to go to that "useless" Greek.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012
Jesus Christ of Nazareth said

Whosoever shall say thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire Matthew 5:2

Now look at Jesus contradict Himself

Luke 11:40 Fools! Didn't God make the inside as well as the outside?

Luke 12:20 "But God said to him, 'You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?'

Matthew 23:17-19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?

Jesus explains why he speaks in parables to confuse people so they will go to hell. Mark 4:11

The bible was edited to make Jesus as God All Powerful but in reality was just a healer to the sick, this is some proof
Matthew 28:18 , John 3:35 both tell that Jesus said he could do anything but yet

Mark 6:5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.

Unfortunatly you missed one major issue on this passage... True he said don't call another man a fool... and he did call people fools... but there is a reason for this.

Look...
13The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.

14Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

15Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

16And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

And by the way Jesus was not God... He was Gods son.

Just so you know

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

I agree w/ you ILikeStars!!!

But, I don't think the Bible Really perdicts everything.
The thing that will be prediciting the future, the Ground.

I did prove that over 4,000 feet below ground is a key, a key of what will possibley happen in years to pass.

My father, he got a house in the EU area.
It's about 5,306ft below sea level...

One day, there was an 3.6 Earthquake, it split some of his walls.

He called a company to dig because he did see LIGHt from the crack.

The company dug for about 450 feet and found a stone, 3 ft thick pool full of lavaish stuff.

My father bring's my family over there. He made the company dig about 600ft more...

He found a type of NAZI super type weapon. After he brung it up... Some military service people w/ Guns took it and said, speak of it... you will pay.

Then, about 95 feet to the RIGHT of it...

He found a writing of something.

IT was translated to this.

"Dig, to the centre of the mother life of us. We are digging far below a big lake.
We cant help much more, just do it. help us down heree if you read this holy script. help quick!"

We haven't dig much... his still lives in the house untill 2009.
Some NATO Troops came in, they told him to leave NOW... and never come back.

He later (4 months later) came back to USA, and was interviewed in a huge 'bunker type' buildling.
One of the questions they asked him..
"Do you know about Hitlers death hole?"

He said: "no sir".

Then he later came home about 5 days later...
He had this weird sickness.
Me and him were at a bar, he said:
"I feel something crawling in my head... "
I said:"Dad, it's nothing... you are just feeling things"

We later went home... 3 hours after I left.

My mother calls
"Matt, dad has died.... he has this purple and pink spot on his head, arm, and torso.
His hand is missing 2 fingers.

What is happening!?!"

End of his life...

But...
In December of 2010...

This message in my Bed Drawer.... I had no clue what this was...

It said:

"Don't stop, just dont! Prepare for it, it's death awaiting for you and every America Peers. 7512 is coming fast. Don't stop! it's going to kill tons of peers. dont stop now!"

It said that, nothing else.

Apperently, I think this is a message from My father or God.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by matty1053

That is an interesting story. Could you elaborate on the timeline, and where exactly he lived that was below sea level by that much?

Thanks for sharing,
ILikeStars

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Everything you said is completely true. Especially Mark 4:11 Now think about it a while young man....... No one has yet to post in this thread what it means. I know. I know exactly what the text says....and you don't have to use ANY useless greek to explain it away. My, o my what that Holy Bible has in it. I think I will wait around and see what others may say about your verses.

Mark 4:11....

Yeshua NEVER said he spoke in parables so that they would intentionally be sent to "hell". Where the hell are you getting that from? The 12 disciples asked him why he spoke in parables to the people. He replied that the 12 is "given unto them to know the mystery of the kingdom of God" and to the regular people he speaks in parables to make things a bit difficult. He also says that at any time there sins can be forgiven when they UNDERSTAND what he says. Lastly he says

" Satan cometh immediately and taketh away the word that is sown in their heart"

This says that the truth is always in hearts of men, given to the first man created by God, but you can always listen to your mind, and what you hear that's when Satan will deceive you....

Ever wonder why sometimes you wish you would have listened to your heart.?

Dude, the word "Hell" isn't even used in Mark 4:11...

Argument over

Maybe the 12 disciples were more spiritually inclined than everybody else; And Greek my friend is not a useless language, LOL. It's highly possible that Yeshua spoke Greek, and the apostles spoke and wrote in greek.
edit on 17-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

How do those verses prove that Jesus had sin? Jesus was quoting a passage from the Old Testament.

One teaching that Christians never bring up, is that Jesus affirmed the punishment of killing children who curse their parents, this law was established in the Torah, and when Jesus came to the Jews he too made sure that it was still supposed to be followed:

Matthew 15: 1-9 :

www.answering-christianity.com...

Your trying to tell me that is not a sin by telling another person to kill a child?

edit on 17-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

2 Thess 2:10-12

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

You don't know God to well do you? A lot of you pansy Christians know what I am talking about, but you are just too afraid to admit it. GOD WILL KILL YOU if you don't accept HIS Son's blood. Its coming guys........like never before I can feel it. One way or another, we WILL face an ANGER God...and you better have a GREAT lawyer to stand in your place. (1 Tim 2:5)

Its coming....and it is going to blow everyone's minds. God's judgment is coming.
edit on 17-2-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Have you read the whole thing yet? He is using old traditions against the Pharisees in which they think are superior. Jesus is saying he is better than this tradition and don't get the modern times of his teaching.

''Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites!''

Jesus answered for you already.

Matthew 15

That Which Defiles

1 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”
3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Jesus Christ of Nazareth said

Whosoever shall say thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire Matthew 5:2

Matthew 5:2-Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying:

And then the Beatitudes come out of His mouth in the next few verses.

Perhaps you'd like to verify the verses where you're getting this stuff? It's actually Matthew 5:22.

Regarding "hell": The Orthodox Christian view is that "hell" and heaven are likely the same "place" experienced in a very different way. All experience God's presence. Some experience it as the light of heaven and others experience it as the lake of fire. Both are God. The condemned cannot feel at ease with the presence of God, cannot experience His great love and His immense light. It is all about one's disposition toward God and how he/she prepared himself/herself and not about God's disposition toward us.

Considering that Christ is the light of the world and IS God- being in danger from His own light (what some experience as 'hell' fire) is nonsensical. Christ defeated sin and death. He went to Hades for three days and preached to those there. (To whoever mentioned learning this in a church, I'm actually pleasantly surprised you learned an Orthodox position in a heterodox place.)

The Paschal sermon of St John Chrysostom is read aloud in every Orthodox parish on the morning of the Great and Holy Pascha Jesus Christ. According to the tradition of the Church, no one sits during the reading of St John's sermon, but all stand and listen with attentiveness.

If any man be devout and loveth God,
Let him enjoy this fair and radiant triumphal feast!
If any man be a wise servant,
Let him rejoicing enter into the joy of his Lord.

If any have laboured long in fasting,
Let him how receive his recompense.
If any have wrought from the first hour,
Let him today receive his just reward.
If any have come at the third hour,
Let him with thankfulness keep the feast.
If any have arrived at the sixth hour,
Let him have no misgivings;
Because he shall in nowise be deprived therefore.
If any have delayed until the ninth hour,
Let him draw near, fearing nothing.
And if any have tarried even until the eleventh hour,
Let him, also, be not alarmed at his tardiness.

For the Lord, who is jealous of his honour,
Will accept the last even as the first.
He giveth rest unto him who cometh at the eleventh hour,
Even as unto him who hath wrought from the first hour.
And He showeth mercy upon the last,
And careth for the first;
And to the one He giveth,
And upon the other He bestoweth gifts.
And He both accepteth the deeds,
And welcometh the intention,
And honoureth the acts and praises the offering.

Wherefore, enter ye all into the joy of your Lord;
Receive your reward,
Both the first, and likewise the second.
You rich and poor together, hold high festival!
You sober and you heedless, honour the day!
Rejoice today, both you who have fasted
And you who have disregarded the fast.
The table is full-laden; feast ye all sumptuously.
The calf is fatted; let no one go hungry away.
Enjoy ye all the feast of faith:
Receive ye all the riches of loving-kindness.

Let no one bewail his poverty,
For the universal Kingdom has been revealed.
Let no one weep for his iniquities,
For pardon has shown forth from the grave.
Let no one fear death,
For the Saviour's death has set us free.
He that was held prisoner of it has annihilated it.

By descending into Hell, He made Hell captive.
He embittered it when it tasted of His flesh.
And Isaiah, foretelling this, did cry:
Hell, said he, was embittered
When it encountered Thee in the lower regions.

It was embittered, for it was abolished.
It was embittered, for it was mocked.
It was embittered, for it was slain.
It was embittered, for it was overthrown.
It was embittered, for it was fettered in chains.
It took a body, and met God face to face.
It took earth, and encountered Heaven.
It took that which was seen, and fell upon the unseen.

O Death, where is thy sting?
O Hell, where is thy victory?

Christ is risen, and thou art overthrown!
Christ is risen, and the demons are fallen!
Christ is risen, and the angels rejoice!
Christ is risen, and life reigns!
Christ is risen, and not one dead remains in the grave.
For Christ, being risen from the dead,
Is become the first-fruits of those who have fallen asleep.

To Him be glory and dominion
Unto ages of ages.

Amen.

(Rendered in stanza format by M.C. Steenberg. Please feel free to print, copy, distribute and post this text without need for written permission.)

edit on 18-2-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

The word which endangers people to "hellfire" is μωρϵ, or 'more', from the root 'moros'. This is from where we get the word "moron". The root and its modern English equivalent have similar meanings.

The word Jesus uses to call people "fools" is ἄφρωνϵς, or 'aphrones', which refers to someone who is, quite simply, foolish.

The difference should be obvious.

Thanks for clarifying that I think it makes sense(unless someone else can debunk that)
edit on 14-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

Not here to debunk but simply to offer insight, the difference of being openly called a fool or being called foolish is that when one calls another a fool (outside of dangerous circumstances in the heat of a moment i.e. to get a n individuals attention to the potential folly that may endanger themselves and others) it is directed at them egotistically to belittle and is not a necessity.. its disrespectful.

If one refers to another in story form as a fool so as to set an example to others, whilst their identity is not disclosed it is impersonal... (this is also how the bible could be interpreted as parables i.e. Christ never called them fools but it is stories based around him)

The other thing too is that Christ supposedly died for everyone's sins, so it can be seen as a middle ground or conundrum as he died for the one's he called fools.. i.e. Of coarse this all happened before he was placed on the cross as well, so it can be interpreted that he did go to hell, Its said that he went to purgatory (a brief trip to hell during the 3 days he was crucified)

So initially it may seem as though he is contradicting his compassion because he has already acknowledge them as sinful and imperfect (this is if one considers him the perfect christ before he was crucified) . And on the other hand they also have no right to judge Christ for that very reason that he overlooked thier imperfections... however if one were going to do something foolish that impacts on a great number of peoples lives then he may loose his temper.. and denounce them as foolish simply to make a point, its said that his words were undeniable to those who were judged by him inasmuch that his voice cut through with the imperative truth when he spoke in a firm and forwarrning way

P.S. I'm not a Christian but I feel he was a real person
edit on 18-2-2012 by Spiratio because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2012 by Spiratio because: Articulation

top topics

<< 1   >>

join