It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is in danger of hell fire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Jesus Christ of Nazareth said

Whosoever shall say thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire Matthew 5:2

Now look at Jesus contradict Himself

Luke 11:40 Fools! Didn't God make the inside as well as the outside?

Luke 12:20 "But God said to him, 'You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?'

Matthew 23:17-19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?

Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?

Jesus explains why he speaks in parables to confuse people so they will go to hell. Mark 4:11

The bible was edited to make Jesus as God All Powerful but in reality was just a healer to the sick, this is some proof
Matthew 28:18 , John 3:35 both tell that Jesus said he could do anything but yet

Mark 6:5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Brilliant observation. One of my favorites is Judges 1:19 "Original King James Bible (AV 1611) [2]
— And the LORD was with Iudah, and hee draue out [the inhabitants] of the mountaine, but could not driue out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had charets of yron."

www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

Strange how it is ok to believe in the invisible man, but we are not allowed to believe in ourselves

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

★ & F

What would Jesus do?

Jesus left. That is what Jesus would do.

[size=23]✌

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Since the Torah was converted to English from ancient Hebrew many words have been not translated correctly witch throws off the meaning of said verse.

It has happened many times because sometimes there is not a proper English word to fit the old one and the English word they toss in its place really screws up everything.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
My personal belief is that the reason for parables is cause we stoopid. I mean truly even the people of this age are so clueless how would it have been back then? Imagine trying to explain quantum theory to a bunch of dummies that ain't even understand energy fully, parables are succinct and easy to grasp.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The word which endangers people to "hellfire" is μωρϵ, or 'more', from the root 'moros'. This is from where we get the word "moron". The root and its modern English equivalent have similar meanings.

The word Jesus uses to call people "fools" is ἄφρωνϵς, or 'aphrones', which refers to someone who is, quite simply, foolish.

The difference should be obvious.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!
Hilarity.
Jesus descended into hell and took the keys of death and damnation from Satan before he rose from the dead.
Hell is for the damned who are doomed because of their sin.
Jesus had no sin.
Point and cse.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!
Hilarity.
Jesus descended into hell and took the keys of death and damnation from Satan before he rose from the dead.
Hell is for the damned who are doomed because of their sin.
Jesus had no sin.
Point and cse.

But Jesus did have sin here's one example that the Jews were told to kill their children who were disobediant accord to Old testament laws

Jesus answered them, “And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? For God commanded, Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die. Matthew 15: 1-9
edit on 14-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

The word which endangers people to "hellfire" is μωρϵ, or 'more', from the root 'moros'. This is from where we get the word "moron". The root and its modern English equivalent have similar meanings.

The word Jesus uses to call people "fools" is ἄφρωνϵς, or 'aphrones', which refers to someone who is, quite simply, foolish.

The difference should be obvious.

Thanks for clarifying that I think it makes sense(unless someone else can debunk that)
edit on 14-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Regarding your opening post, that particular scriptural admonition regarding calling a person a fool touches on the premise from which it is expressed. Any notion of "labeling" a person, in general, can even be exchanged for the labeling of a person a fool. However, in that context, and to clarify the premise; If a person is a fool, they have condemned themselves. If you call them a fool in private, and you are right, you have accomplished little because they are a fool and will not listen. Alternately, if you are wrong, you have made yourself a fool and condemned yourself as they have. So, it is usually more wise to remain silent before a fool.

In that Christ declared some fools, his acts accomplished much for those who saw such declarations in context or look back upon them in context. Likewise, if you call a fool a fool in such a context which causes fruit (i.e. warning others for their safety, teaching others, rebuking the wrong etc.), there is no "sin," but there is life.

This also follows in regards to other "laws." Consider, if you had the "justification" to stone your child for severe rebellion, would you do so, or would you express your right to do so, but extend grace instead? More so, in the case that your child is simply pushing against you as he grows, but is not in severe rebellion, would there not be even more room for grace? Of course. This is what the law was supposed to teach us. And it did. It is the student who fails, not wisdom.

This is why he said (Jhn 7:22-24);
Moses therefore gave unto you circumcision; (not because it is of Moses, but of the Fathers) and ye on the sabbath day circumcise a man. If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

To sum my words: It is good to understand the substance of "law" and it is good to express good judgment. Where one lacks order, he decays unto death by chaos, and where on lacks charity, he decays unto death by pride. In the communion of order and charity we can just begin to sense what/who is Good Judges.
edit on 2/14/2012 by Dasher because: Punctuation incorrectly displayed a smiley. Mods, smilies should be limited to proper tags, please.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

It doesn't need to be debunked, the wisdom to be learned in the phrases you are concerned about is not in the particular words, it is in the "secret." I hope that I have brought into light something that is commonly dimly lit.

Confusion regarding wisdom is common when "word" can mean all; a particular word, a phrase of words, a promise/bond, and also Life Eternal. This is the very reason that most Christians believe that the bible is The Word of God whereas the scriptures themselves claim that Christ is the Word of God and that the glory of such is passed on to his Brethren (all believers across time - by the Father's and Firstborn's provision).
edit on 2/14/2012 by Dasher because: Clarified a concept.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by usernamehere

Affirmative. This is directly related to how a seed grows and the opposite pattern which the beast expresses as "empire." One is living, and one is dead. Both are vanity, but one hides it in false import, and the "broken" one is fixed.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Well technically he didn't really contradict himself. He didn't say don't call anyone a fool. He said anyone that calls someone a fool is in danger of hell fire.

He also didn't say if you call someone a fool you'll definitely go to Hell. He just said you're in danger of it. Maybe he was too? Don't know. But according to the book I guess it turned out alright for him in the end.

Not to get into a big discussion about it. Just saying, technically, I don't really see any contradiction. I mean I see your point, but that's another issue.

It's something worth looking into. Many times what seems like a contradiction in the Bible actually isn't and has some sort of meaning that the author wanted to convey by using said contradiction on purpose. Most of the time, all you need to know is more about the time that it was written in and it'll make sense. Or you have to know about some other part of the Bible that it's referring back to for it to make any sense.

Other times things just seem not make sense though. This could be one of those times.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
yes, jesus is in danger of hellfire... or possibly falling to earth and being born of woman and all that.

what kind of punishment is that for the son of god... oh wait, we are all gods children but something is different about jesus.

perhaps it is his acquired tolerance of hellfire.
perhaps these things just preen upon him.
if he comes back now and kicks some people across the galaxy....i wonder if he would yet again have to come down on his notches after having done so. things are so circumstantial and everything is forgivable so if anyone gets their asses kicked... they might of deserved it but it should come back around though... to jesus actually.

so maybe that is what is taking him so long... he wants to make sure everything goes to perfection where ever possible.
so jesus calls someone a fool, but are you sureit has the same meaning as the translation for the piece on the damning side of it... he word fool translates to damned. what he said is that you were not to judge anyone as damned to hell... lest you be damned to hell yourself. calling somebody a fool is different. you see, a fool could be a fool because he is damned and he is fooled by satan... or a fool could just be a foolish person, but not so much damnable.

and isn't jesus the one who judges us anyway according to the bible, yet we are not supposed to.

but then again, jesus might go to hell all the time... like it's the druggie part of town or something... then he comes back... REMEMBER?

he's, like, got the keys or something.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
In one of the churches I used to attend they actually taught that Jesus went to hell after the crucifixion (until the resurrection), and he did this to save all the Old Testament sinners.

Lucky them.
i guess they got away with their genocides, slavery and concubines.

However, they weren't quite clear on what He actually specifically did in hell for that time.
It's not clear whether He actually burned in hell; or put on the air-conditioning for some relaxation.
Perhaps he lined everybody up, and checked which of the men were circumcised?

In that version of the sinner's prayer they actually called on "Jesus who was born of a virgin and went to hell for 3 days for our sins ...".

Perhaps it was one of the fashionable streams back then, because I haven't heard that teaching in a while.
But God help you if you questioned it in the 1990s.
edit on 15-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
[1] And the fifth angel blew his trumpet, and I saw a star fallen from heaven to earth, and he was given the key to the shaft of the bottomless pit. [2] He opened the shaft of the bottomless pit, and from the shaft rose smoke like the smoke of a great furnace, and the sun and the air were darkened with the smoke from the shaft.

[17] When I saw him [Jesus], I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, [18] and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

How do those verses prove that Jesus had sin? Jesus was quoting a passage from the Old Testament.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Could Jesus have been damned to hell? Maybe, but I would say probably not. The authors who made up the story said he went to heaven eventually so I guess we have to go with them on it. I really do wish someone would get around to writing a sequel to it though, a good author this time.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I guess there's no way to stop the threads of people who have no understanding of the Bible posting a couple verses and making ridiculous claims. It's too bad we could have used it here.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Matthew 5:22

The word translated as fool is the Greek moros, which has a similar meaning to the Aramaic reka. However moros also was used to mean godless, and thus could be much more severe a term than reka.

en.wikipedia.org...:22

Mark 6:5-6

Jesus is described as rebuking them (in variations of the same wording in each gospel): a prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house - Matthew 13:57 This saying is also mentioned in John 4:44. Matthew states that Jesus didn't do many miracles there because of "their lack of faith". In a similar passage Mark says that Jesus was not able to do any miracles there except for healing a few sick people. Luke adds that Jesus recounted stories about how, during the time of Elijah, only a Sidonian woman was saved, and how, during the time of Elisha, though there were many lepers in Israel, only a Syrian was cleansed.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join