CNN Forced To Admit Ron Paul Tops Favorability Amongst Republicans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Yeah, I agree with you. even though I am a Ron Paul supporter, I have also been wondering what he has left up his sleeve to turn things around. I personally, believe he is fully equipped to handle the job as POTUS, however, he has to do something quick here to get the average Jane and John Doe's to start paying attention to "what" he is saying and understand the meaning and importance of what is being said. I mean we're almost at halftime and he's still trailing far behind.

I am also a former Obama supporter and honestly, I don't see anyone campaigning right now capable of running this Nation but Ron Paul. However, I also have a hard time seeing Ron Paul beat Obama even if he was the Republican nominee due to Obama's trickery when it comes to the use of grammer and double talking. Of course, I would vote for R.P.....but I'm just 1 of millions. What about the rest of the nation? I'm sure the majority of Republicans see Ron Paul on T.V. and think to themselves, "what's this old guy doing", because they don't know who he is, what his long political record is or what he stands for. All they see are the other three guys arguing and pointing fingers and because of their behavior, the spotlight stays on them constantly. While R.P. is being called "the old guy".

I hate to say this, but I sincerely believe Ron Paul (as peaceful as he's been thus far) needs to suit up and start kicking some ass and pointing a few fingers at the other nominees. They all seem to have a good amount of respect for Paul. However, Ron Paul has been around long enough to have the dirt on every last one of them...especially that annoying Gingrich who I personally can't stand. It would be very very difficult for anyone of them to say anything negative about Paul (other than what's already been said by the MSM), especially since he hasn't flip flopped on many issues throughout his political career.

I do agree with you though, if I were in his CM's position, I'd be scratching the hell outta' my head everyday trying to figure this all out. He does have a chance, but unless he gets rude, dirty and a little "Besides" himself, I think Paul will once again get ignored. He needs to toughen up, put on his boxing gloves and fight harder if he wants to win IMO.

edit on 2/15/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Santorum was our local rep. He did nothing for anyone! Was never around either. He was actually commonly known for this also. Too busy pushing for bigger things. If you want the real juice on this guy start off in his humble beginnings. Where his constituents didn't even like him.

Oh and he was a real sweet talker. Even went door to door. (In the mayors neighborhood obviously...) . Until we compared notes. He was telling EVERYONE what they wanted to hear. This man just wants to be a big shot politician. This is all for himself. And I feel his personal agenda is dangerous to this country.
edit on 14-2-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

being a fellow PA resident i couldn't agree more. lets just hope he never makes it back to PA politics.
this is good news for Ron and i'm hoping things begin to turn around in the media because they sure as heck aren't giving him much let alone his fair share.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You did good on clarifying the poll for the OP, I was going to but you beat me to it. If the OP had a title that said "CNN Forced to Admit Ron Paul Tops Favorability in GOP amongst Americans", it would have been accurate. Either way, pretty good poll for Paul and glad to see it shared here.

Looking at the Republicans only, you can see that somehow, someway, Santorum is the favorable choice. But one does not need to look too deep into this poll to see how disconnected the average (Republican) American is. When it comes to issues like the budget deficit, Romney tops that even though Paul's the only one with a clear and effective plan to cut spending in the right places.

Romney is also on top with the issue of health care amongst Republicans, even though he supported a government mandate that is very much like Obamacare within his state - But somehow this is still a strong point for him? Oh well, I don't blame the people for not catching on, Fox News (and other networks) can be real distracting while it distorts reality and shoves his name into our ears on a daily basis.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Fair enough..

It may even be time to start making plans in case Paul doesn't win the nomination. Try for third party? Write in votes? Vote for Obama? Vote for the Republican? What would happen if all of Paul's supporters did one of those things?

In all reality the problems going on are part of an Agenda far beyond the presidency, and part of me thinks even if Ron Paul got into office he'd mysteriously become quite ill..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

You guys need shirts made up:

"Another Paranoid Ron Paul Supporter"

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BioSafe
Unfortunately the average Jell-O Brain will see these numbers and not understand the pole. Mr. Potato Head will only see that Ron Paul came in last place. His name is at the bottom of the list with a low percentage next to it. Very sneaky media trick.
Nice Catch...
I quoted this because this is what I came to say also. Starred.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This was conducted using around 2000 people, it doesn't mean much but I'm glad to see Paul getting some coverage.

I've been looking into Paul's policies, I think parts of his domestic policy are very flawed, but I like his foreign policy. Let me put it this way; we need higher taxes and sound government, Paul has some revolutionary ideas but whether they would be successful is up for debate.

If we were to impose a tax ranging from around 50% for the top 1% of earners through 1% for the lowest earners (below poverty line poor), we would create a more economically equal environment; this would also pay for socialized healthcare, on top of better roads, water, and infrastructure, creating a better America to live in regardless of income.

Does anyone really NEED more than $250,000 a year to live comfortably?

Of course, this is assuming that our government stops sucking, which it won't.
Basically, if government is good, we should expand it; if it is malevolent, we should reduce it.

I still think he's the best choice out of any other candidate, but I am now a bit wary in regards to his domestic policy.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

If he does as you suggest it will slander his image of being an honest and fair candidate; it is expected of vermin like Gingrich and Romney to bicker over petty issues, and it is expected of Santorum to ramble on and on about nonsense which he has no knowledge of whenever he gets a chance to speak.

I think if Paul were to start taking a more aggressive and belligerent stance towards other candidates he would lose much support. He is the adult of the group; why would he start acting like a child?

Paul is known for his consistency; it is unlike him to act in a way that doesn't reflect his true self, even if it means gaining the attention of a few million idiots.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
How many times can they deny it or change the topic. He's popular, what's wrong with that? Oh yes.... He's not supposed to win! He might change things for the better and maybe even eliminate the national debt. Or better yet, back the dollar with gold. Wishful thinking I know, but I am not the only one.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
March on MONDAY FOR PAUL IN DC........The guy is the only person running including the prez,,THAT IS NOT B.S.
1-doctor,wife supported him thru school, not born with silver spoon
2-served in military, didnt dodge like romney and newt
3-troops support him 6 times more (as of now probably more) than all others combined
4-played baseball on congressional team and was VERY GOOD
5-hasnt been caught in a lie on youtube
6-sick of supporting other countries when people here need help
7-has compassion for our troops , genuinely has heart ache for dead and wounded kids,HE LIKES US
8-Andrew Napolitano seemed to have given up his job for Ron
9-would NEVER go around saying low rent trash talk like santorum and newt, RON PAUL is ABOVE that
10-DOES NOT say what people want to hear for a VOTE
ok enough,or do I need to keep going? Theres more where that came from about this great man ..could go on for pages, but heres the reality.and im sure it pisses those other guys off to no end.
RON PAUL GETS THE BOOK, THE PARADES ,THE MARCH AND THE REVOLUTION, ITS NOT THE NEWT REVOLUTION, ITS NOT THE SANTORUM REVOLUTION,,ITS NOT THE MITT REVOULUTION, ITS THE RON PAUL REVOLUTION"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RON ALREADY WON MORE THAN THOSE OTHER GUYS EVER WILL,even though obama somehow received the nobel peace prize i think we all know thats insane.so im not counting it

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BioSafe

Yeah, that's actually a really good point. I bet you're right about that, I bet that a lot of people just see the TV without really taking it what it's saying, and just see who's on the bottom as being last. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this was an intentional ploy by the network. Thanks for pointing it out...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
Ofcourse it is like that. Anyone who disagrees has to be fundamentally challenged. Paul is out of control, parades in florida,marching in washington monday, a book wrote about him "the rp revolution",,,what do the other guys have???NOTHIN,NOT A THING BUT BS.SO PAUL ALREADY WON..i will proudly be marching for paul monday even though i have to drive like 10 hours.............WE WILL BE HEARD AND WE WILL NOT MOVE UNTIL THEY BROADCAST THE MARCH,,sorry traffic

I think I have a man crush..... JK

I feel ya man, I like your enthusiasm it brings me hope to hear people like you.

I wish I could be there to. But I am traped by my slave master (job) carring for my family, tied to my bills and putting food on the table.. Man to be young and free again .. or to be independantly wealthy =) Again I joke I love my kids would not trade them for the world.

When its time for anything starting off in California though please PM I'm there.. Also for the first time in my life I have been contributing to a political campaign I just wish I could spare more ..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Im a Ron Paul supporter and i believe the media is a bunch of # and everything but you gotta recognize that phone surveys are not accurate, usually just for one state, and significantly smaller portion of people then poll ratings.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I think CNN is realizing that people are becoming more aware that the people we elect really have an impact on our days as a whole. That and the fact that more people are turning to alternative media sources that aren't so bias.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by avatard

Some of that is not true. Ron Paul is just as guilty as any politician of using rhetoric to mask his true intentions (such as the corporate takeover of all vital government services, and the desire to end free education, and the desire to undo child labour laws). He's also guilty of biting his tongue about corruption and anti-constitutional behaviour when it suits his political ends.

He's also an extremist.

And he's the candidate whose supporters know the least about him.

He's like a (losing) version of Obama, in that people are projecting onto him their hopes, without knowing much about his ideology.

I can almost guarantee any response to this will use the words, "patriot," "liberty" and "constitution". I'd also bet that founding fathers will be referenced.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by avatard

Some of that is not true. Ron Paul is just as guilty as any politician of using rhetoric to mask his true intentions (such as the corporate takeover of all vital government services, and the desire to end free education, and the desire to undo child labour laws). He's also guilty of biting his tongue about corruption and anti-constitutional behaviour when it suits his political ends.

He's also an extremist.

And he's the candidate whose supporters know the least about him.

He's like a (losing) version of Obama, in that people are projecting onto him their hopes, without knowing much about his ideology.

I can almost guarantee any response to this will use the words, "patriot," "liberty" and "constitution". I'd also bet that founding fathers will be referenced.

Wow, you are the most misled person in this thread yet!

corporate takeover of all vital government services

No, but rather puting certain unconstitutional services back in the private sector.

the desire to end free education

No, but rather getting the government the hell out of education (that same education that is lowering its standards year after year... With all due respect you sound like an Obama droid.

He's also guilty of biting his tongue about corruption and anti-constitutional behaviour when it suits his political ends.

Oh dear Lord, please elaborate here!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

You know the OFFICIAL libertarian position is to privatise ALL vital government services, which includes education. You can say it's not, but you'd be wrong.

Ron Paul is not speaking out about his own party rigging elections, is he, or his son calling for the arrest of people based on what speeches they attend.

I swear you Paul guys have no idea what he stands for.

This is from the libertarian party platform:

2.8    Education

Education, like any other service, is best provided by the free market, achieving greater quality and efficiency with more diversity of choice. Schools should be managed locally to achieve greater accountability and parental involvement. Recognizing that the education of children is inextricably linked to moral values, we would return authority to parents to determine the education of their children, without interference from government. In particular, parents should have control of and responsibility for all funds expended for their children's education.

That's a clear and direct call for ending all state funding of schools. Unambiguous.

On top of that Ron Paul has been quoted as saying, "education is not a right". Also pretty unambiguous.
edit on 16-2-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

You know the OFFICIAL libertarian position is to privatise ALL vital government services, which includes education. You can say it's not, but you'd be wrong.

Ron Paul is not speaking out about his own party rigging elections, is he, or his son calling for the arrest of people based on what speeches they attend.

I swear you Paul guys have no idea what he stands for.

This is from the libertarian party platform:

2.8    Education

Education, like any other service, is best provided by the free market, achieving greater quality and efficiency with more diversity of choice. Schools should be managed locally to achieve greater accountability and parental involvement. Recognizing that the education of children is inextricably linked to moral values, we would return authority to parents to determine the education of their children, without interference from government. In particular, parents should have control of and responsibility for all funds expended for their children's education.

That's a clear and direct call for ending all state funding of schools. Unambiguous.

On top of that Ron Paul has been quoted as saying, "education is not a right". Also pretty unambiguous.

Yes, that stance on education from the "libertarian platform" is exactly correct.

Do you want the federal government paying for everything? I bet your part of the OWS crowd, aren't you?

In fact, education is not a right just as health care is not, perhaps you should go back and look at your definition of rights as a human being...
edit on 16-2-2012 by rstregooski because: blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Bwahahah well at least you finally have the balls to admit you want to deny education and healthcare to the poor.

How many Paul supporters agree? Thomas Jefferson didn't.

I guess he was one of the bad founding fathers.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I would say this is more a reflection of the good old boy network that runs the GOP than it is the MSM. The good old boys running the party behind the scenes simply don't want RP in this race and have done everything they can behind closed doors to marginalize him and his views and make it impossible for RP to get the GOP nod. This should tell you everything you need to know about how free and democratic our elections are. You get to vote alright, as long as it's one of two people that THEY choose. Voting and 'democracy' in general are a farce and always have been. It's just a lie they perpetuate to make you think you have some level of control over who your leaders are. You don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join