It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Forced To Admit Ron Paul Tops Favorability Amongst Republicans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Excellent catch!

I love when the media reports the truth... even if its like 1% of the time.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The republican establishment has got to realize that Ron Paul is the only way to beat Obama. They can dig and dig all they want but Paul is clean apart from some racist news letters which I believe are a sham. All the other candidates cannot withstand anyone going and fact checking all the terrible bills and actions these guys take contrary to their oath to the constitution! We need to uphold the constitution we would be fine.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

Exactly what I was thinking. Most of the casual, ignorant masses would just see this poll and think it means Paul is trailing. That is why they aired it. Does more bad than good.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
reply to post by rstregooski

Correct me if im wrong, but its an unfavorability poll and ron paul is in last. Isnt that a good thing? Why would this seem manipulative other than having the numbers decend than ascend?

Yep that's the point.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The poll says that Republicans like Santorum better than Paul. Conventional wisdom has it that the Republican establishment likes Romney better than Paul. The Republicans polled think Paul is wrong on the key issues.

What can Paul do in nine months to change this?

link   
What it means is if we had an honest media, which we don't, Ron Paul would be our next president. He'd win by a landslide. As it is, it will probably be Obama, or Romney. Same difference.

link   
very funny i am just watching CNN now (for some reason)

now the story is romney and santorum are tied for with 35 and 36%
ron paul is only just ahead of gingrich with about 18% i think to 15

... sorry if im being the bearer of the bad news
i guess CNN would have to change their poll and re work it or get a new one to give romney the higher stats

god i hate ever seing santorum beat ron paul... romney is already bad enough

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Well..... you believe this poll so that means you have to accept that votes so far are as believable - if you don't accept that then there is no discussion to be had - you would just be choosing to believe what suits your point of view. If the Republicans in all the votes so far have not shown Ron Paul to be most favourable by actually voting in numbers large enough for him to win, then what is the point you are making?

edit on 15-2-2012 by something wicked because: typo

edit on 15-2-2012 by something wicked because: (no reason given)

I would question it more if it wasn't shown just once and no more that evening and was extremely hard to find on their own website.

ETA, why were CNN 'forced' to admit this? Who 'forced' them to? When they don't show footage you think is favourable people say it is because they are against him, when they do then they must have been 'forced' to???? If they didn't want to show this poll, they wouldn't have shown it - they did so where was the force applied?

They invested money in a poll with a partnering organization, hence they had to show this at least once..
edit on 15-2-2012 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
All of this talk of crooked elections and no outrage.
We could have all of the evidence and proof in the world and it would not matter without strong people to "force" a fix.
This is why we have had a selected president rather than an elected president for the longest time now.
It is past time for action but the first thing we must do is hang everyone involved right down to the offenders milkman.
Kaisersozeh style.
There will be hundred more threads on crooked elections, but nothing will ever be done other than talk.
This is why "they" get away with it everytime and never worry.
Keep talking.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski

Originally posted by something wicked

Well..... you believe this poll so that means you have to accept that votes so far are as believable - if you don't accept that then there is no discussion to be had - you would just be choosing to believe what suits your point of view. If the Republicans in all the votes so far have not shown Ron Paul to be most favourable by actually voting in numbers large enough for him to win, then what is the point you are making?

edit on 15-2-2012 by something wicked because: typo

edit on 15-2-2012 by something wicked because: (no reason given)

I would question it more if it wasn't shown just once and no more that evening and was extremely hard to find on their own website.

ETA, why were CNN 'forced' to admit this? Who 'forced' them to? When they don't show footage you think is favourable people say it is because they are against him, when they do then they must have been 'forced' to???? If they didn't want to show this poll, they wouldn't have shown it - they did so where was the force applied?

They invested money in a poll with a partnering organization, hence they had to show this at least once..

Why did they have to show it at least once? Do you have a copy of a contract stating so?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
for the record, and not to tute my own horn but i think my earlier post should be regarded

it sickens me when i see mainstream news blatently skew the truth
i never honestly believe polls myself, taking enough classes in Uni (sociology, psychology and stats) you realize polls can be manipulated to get any desired results by selecting those who are polled and in what manner

i dont know if your original poll on CNN was from today or yesterday but to switch it that fast to put paul back in third by a margin to mittens and santorum is disgusting

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
CNN! Crony News Network! Unbiased opinions my ass. They flashed this data and ran the story faster than a speeding bullet just so they can say, "See we cover all the candidates!" And now are back to ignoring Ron Paul like they were before, just like all the other "news" networks.

And yes, it may not encompass the opinion of the entire nation but then again neither does any of the other polls that they do and yet some how those are taken more seriously and given more coverage. Its a blatant media blackout of a candidate who doesn't fall into the cookie cutter mold.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm making this post for two reasons. One, I think it will help the discussion and, two, I want 6 or 7 people shouting at me, saying "Shut up! We don't care what the poll says. Go away!"

OK, Paul is running for the nomination of the Republican party. The OP headline and the CNN poll both talk about how much Republicans like Paul. The CNN poll says Republicans like Santorum better than Paul. Republicans are the ones who will choose the nominee. If you're a Ron Paul fan you want this poll to go away, it would have been better if it hadn't been shown.

The poll numbers that you think show Republicans liking Paul are the results of asking people at random. They were asking Democrats if they liked Paul. Democrats like Paul better than Republicans do. Republicans, the ones deciding who the nominee will be, don't like Paul's stands on issues, according to the poll, and don't like him as much as they like Santorum.

So either say the poll makes Paul look bad so we should throw it away, or the poll is inaccurate so we should throw it away. Either way, it's good for Paul that it's gone.

If you think the poll is accurate then one of three things has to happen; 1) a major change in the campaign which nobody is predicting right now, or 2) Paul gets condescending treatment at the convention as he's shuffled off to the side or 3) he quits now.

I'd love to discuss it, or you can just say "We can't hear you. Go away."

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The GOP chairman of the uncounted Maine caucus county says there are enough votes there to give Ron Paul a win
www.reddit.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Well.. if we really thought the GOP was going to pick the candidate Paul supporters would be jumping for joy as they have infiltrated the Delegate system thoroughly.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

Unfortunately it is the only state where all the votes from all the counties aren't included in the win.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

As I mentioned, this thread wasn't started about the entire poll in the link, simply the two screens on favorability/unfavorability polls that got aired, of which I was only quick enough to get a screen capture of the second. I went and found the poll and included the original numbers that were shown on the air during the segment. The segment did not mention any of the other pages of the poll that are being discussed in this thread. Therefore, the particular 2 polls that prompted this thread were allegedly conducted evenly over the American population, and with that Ron Paul had the highest favorability behind Obama and lowest unfavorability across the board, and that's a negative thing? Why are we dragging political parties into this?
edit on 15-2-2012 by rstregooski because: more beer

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Dear rstregooski,

Forgive me if I've seemed sharp. I really admire you for making this catch and bringing it to ATS. It was good creative work, and you should feel pleased with yourself.

So why are we dragging political parties into this?
Well, for me, it was the title to the thread that brought parties into it. Also Paul's fight right now is to win the nomination of one party, not the nation.

I'm not criticizing Paul in the slightest here. I'm putting myself in the shoes of one of his advisors. I'm pretending that he threw me the poll results and asked me "What does this bleep mean?" Then I'd give him my thoughts as mentioned above.

It may even be time to start making plans in case Paul doesn't win the nomination. Try for third party? Write in votes? Vote for Obama? Vote for the Republican? What would happen if all of Paul's supporters did one of those things?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gadaffy
The republican establishment has got to realize that Ron Paul is the only way to beat Obama. They can dig and dig all they want but Paul is clean apart from some racist news letters which I believe are a sham. All the other candidates cannot withstand anyone going and fact checking all the terrible bills and actions these guys take contrary to their oath to the constitution! We need to uphold the constitution we would be fine.

What if the Republicans and Democrats are all on the same team, and they are in fact, choosing exactly who is needed for them to further their agenda? They know anyone but Paul will be a loss.. and they don't care, because King O will get another term...at least that's the goal, provided we don't revolt as a society before then (which I'm all for)
edit on 15-2-2012 by Lapislazuli because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm honestly not surprised that this happened on CNN

That's why I always READ my news.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join