It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Forced To Admit Ron Paul Tops Favorability Amongst Republicans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well don't expect this to be aired again!

I'm sitting in a hotel in Washington DC with CNN on in the background, and this scarce coverage happens to come on air. In a recent poll aired today QUITE BRIEFLY by CNN on Presidential Candidates favorability or unfavorability, Ron Paul places first among all the other Candidates behind Obama (yea, the Obama part is hard to take in).. CNN showed 2 figures, the "favorable" numbers and "unfavorable" numbers-- I was only quick enough to snap a screen shot of the "unfavorable" numbers (Photo Below), in which Ron Paul was DEAD LAST...

But, I found The Actual CNN Poll which details all this, so do with it what you will. But here are the figures:

Numbers aside, lets face the fact that Ron Paul was the only one with a greater percentage of favorability against unfavorability!

And this is the only live photo I was quick enough to take, showing the "unfavorability" poll, of which of course Ron Paul was dead last..

Does this not tell you something about the media influence on these elections? A split second of a probable true poll result that will never be aired again nor easily accessible through any media outlet.

CONSPIRACY? I think so..

Your thoughts?
Good day...

edit on 14-2-2012 by rstregooski because: beer

edit on 14-2-2012 by rstregooski because: more beer

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ofcourse it is like that. Anyone who disagrees has to be fundamentally challenged. Paul is out of control, parades in florida,marching in washington monday, a book wrote about him "the rp revolution",,,what do the other guys have???NOTHIN,NOT A THING BUT BS.SO PAUL ALREADY WON..i will proudly be marching for paul monday even though i have to drive like 10 hours.............WE WILL BE HEARD AND WE WILL NOT MOVE UNTIL THEY BROADCAST THE MARCH,,sorry traffic

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by avatard

Bring it on, man! Wish I could be there, I'm on your side!!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Well for them to have anything on the air that favors Ron Paul is a step for sure. What scares me, though, is that by the same poll we seem to place good faith in... Santorum seemed to be the second place finisher... that freaks me out. Please, to all people... do not vote for an evil man such as him...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

For realz, dude.. Santorum voted for the Patriot Act, the expansion of Medicare, and raising the debt ceiling by TRILLIONS of dollars.. I just threw up in my mouth a little...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Please forgive me for stirring up trouble, but I don't think that poll means what you think it means. The numbers you are showing are for the entire population. It also shows Obama at 53% favorable.

The Republican part of the poll starts at page 5. It shows that Santorum "Tops Favorability Amongst Republicans" with scores of 56 favorable, 23 unfavorable. And yes, that beats Paul.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Santorum was our local rep. He did nothing for anyone! Was never around either. He was actually commonly known for this also. Too busy pushing for bigger things. If you want the real juice on this guy start off in his humble beginnings. Where his constituents didn't even like him.

Oh and he was a real sweet talker. Even went door to door. (In the mayors neighborhood obviously...) . Until we compared notes. He was telling EVERYONE what they wanted to hear. This man just wants to be a big shot politician. This is all for himself. And I feel his personal agenda is dangerous to this country.
edit on 14-2-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Unfortunately the average Jell-O Brain will see these numbers and not understand the pole. Mr. Potato Head will only see that Ron Paul came in last place. His name is at the bottom of the list with a low percentage next to it. Very sneaky media trick.
Nice Catch...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Please forgive me for stirring up trouble, but I don't think that poll means what you think it means. The numbers you are showing are for the entire population. It also shows Obama at 53% favorable.

The Republican part of the poll starts at page 5. It shows that Santorum "Tops Favorability Amongst Republicans" with scores of 56 favorable, 23 unfavorable. And yes, that beats Paul.

Well my point in this thread was (although I wasn't quick enough to snap-shot it) that CNN actually showed the overall poll from Feb 10th - Feb 13th on candidate favorability, of which Ron Paul was right behind Obama and far in front of all the others... And yes, I can't find that graphic anywhere due to its airing being once and no more.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Dear rstregooski,

You're right, based on the total sample of all Americans, Obama finished first and Paul finished second. Your screen shot is absolutely accurate. But I clicked on the link you gave in your OP, and it took me to the full poll.

On page 5 of the 25 page poll, you'll find the favorability results when the pollsters asked only Republicans.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

On page 5 of the 25 page poll, you'll find the favorability results when the pollsters asked only Republicans.

With respect,
Charles1952

And Charles1952 has the floor.

Though lets not forget, this is CNN we are talking about...

Whilst my comment is half serious, it also is half sarcastic...

How do you believe? Half truth or half tabloid? Since when can CNN be trusted with the truth? They're as dirty as Fox...
edit on 14-2-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

They had to spin the story so Paul finished last, regardless of the point of it all. What a bunch of BS. Subliminal crap. Typical of msm.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Dear rstregooski,

You're right, based on the total sample of all Americans, Obama finished first and Paul finished second. Your screen shot is absolutely accurate. But I clicked on the link you gave in your OP, and it took me to the full poll.

With respect,
Charles1952

The bottom line is that across the board, this poll shows Ron Paul as THE LEAST UNFAVORABLE of all the candidates INCLUDING Obama.. Riddle me that...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski

Funny how they always find a way to place Ron Paul's name last or at the end of any given list.

They could have just as easily and in my pinon, more relevantly, listed the "most favorable" instead of "unfavorable" but we cant have that because Ron Paul would have been first...

edit on 15-2-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Dear rstregooski,

You're absolutely right. (Sort of.) If you look at everyone they called, Rebuplicans, Independents, and Democrats, Ron Paul does have the smallest unfavorable rating. He has 36% to Santorum's 38%. In this poll, with margin of error etc., that's a tie.

This whole thing is a poll that shows Republicans aren't that excited about Ron Paul, but Democrats and Independents are. In the election all the Democrats are going to go for Obama, so Ron Paul won't get those votes. Republicans don't like him that much, so he won't get the nomination unless things change.

Paul's unfavorable rating among Republicans is 34% (about the same as the sample as a whole) but Santorum's unfavorable rating in the GOP is only 23%, a clear win for Santorum.

On page 6 of the poll, Republicans were asked which candidate could handle each of seven issues the best. They included things like the deficit, foreign policy, health care, etc. Ron Paul was listed as last in every one of the seven issues except for dealing with the defecit where he got third place out of the four candidates.

Whether you like Paul or not, this is not a good poll for him, but there is a lot of time for things to change.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What you have to remember is that this is not representative of the population as a whole. It is representative of the population that responds to telephone polls. I know I don't respond to such polls and I can't think of anyone I know that does. If you want an accurate poll in relation to politics it should be an entrance or exit poll as you are then polling the population that votes.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Correct me if im wrong, but its an unfavorability poll and ron paul is in last. Isnt that a good thing? Why would this seem manipulative other than having the numbers decend than ascend?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

What is great about this, is Ron Paul is doing this with absolutely no media coverage. They won't cover him, good or bad and he is still favorable.

I can just see the other nominees just throwing their hands up in a room somewhere after receiving this news and saying ... "This guy?!?! Ron Paul?!?! There's a complete conspiracy against this guy and yet people still believe him to be more favorable than me?!?! I'm all over the news!! THIS GUY!?!!? THIS GUY!?!?!"

..love it

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
10% never heard of Ron Paul? I wonder why?...Hahahaha
Got to love the MSM.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski

Well my point in this thread was (although I wasn't quick enough to snap-shot it) that CNN actually showed the overall poll from Feb 10th - Feb 13th on candidate favorability, of which Ron Paul was right behind Obama and far in front of all the others... And yes, I can't find that graphic anywhere due to its airing being once and no more.

Well..... you believe this poll so that means you have to accept that votes so far are as believable - if you don't accept that then there is no discussion to be had - you would just be choosing to believe what suits your point of view. If the Republicans in all the votes so far have not shown Ron Paul to be most favourable by actually voting in numbers large enough for him to win, then what is the point you are making?

ETA, why were CNN 'forced' to admit this? Who 'forced' them to? When they don't show footage you think is favourable people say it is because they are against him, when they do then they must have been 'forced' to???? If they didn't want to show this poll, they wouldn't have shown it - they did so where was the force applied?

edit on 15-2-2012 by something wicked because: typo

edit on 15-2-2012 by something wicked because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join