It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hungary’s Needy Given Money to Burn (in Their Furnaces)

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You know that the paper stuff is worthless when this happens. Just goes to show how much value the paper really has.

And to top it off, how do these people feel when they are given the very thing they don't have and told to burn it?

That old expression of "Money to burn" certainly comes to mind but I don't think this is what is meant by it.

www.blacklistednews.com...

Hungary’s central bank, currently at the centre of a dispute between the country’s government and the EU, has launched an unusual social programme to counter the effects of the current cold snap. It’s handing out blocks of disused bank notes to the country’s poorest citizens, so that they can be burned for fuel.


I wonder how long until we are burning US dollars to heat the houses?



edit on 14-2-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Only when the last tree has died,
the last fish been caught,
and the last river poisoned;
will we realise, we cannot eat money.



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Sorry I can not watch videos at work.

What exactly is "disused" currency? Are we talking about old currency that is no longer in circulation or a currency that can still be used to purchase goods?



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
Only when the last tree has died,
the last fish been caught,
and the last river poisoned;
will we realise, we cannot eat money.


But apparently it CAN be used to heat your house.

Such a sad sight for so many to witness that truly need it.

Peace



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So its old bank notes shredded and compressed.

Currency gets taken out of all markets all the time, its not unusual. Them using it this way is much better than just shredding and tossing.



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well that's one way to fix inflation I guess

edit on 14-2-2012 by targeting because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Sorry I can not watch videos at work.

What exactly is "disused" currency? Are we talking about old currency that is no longer in circulation or a currency that can still be used to purchase goods?


And what are you doing on ATS when you're supposed to be working anyway?


I believe that it's old currency.

Peace



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Sorry I can not watch videos at work.

What exactly is "disused" currency? Are we talking about old currency that is no longer in circulation or a currency that can still be used to purchase goods?


Surely every single note is either defaced beyond usability, or is not accepted as currency any longer.



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
So its old bank notes shredded and compressed.

Currency gets taken out of all markets all the time, its not unusual. Them using it this way is much better than just shredding and tossing.


Absolutely. Better than not getting some energy back but still a sad sight for many.

Peace



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by TheCommentator
Only when the last tree has died,
the last fish been caught,
and the last river poisoned;
will we realise, we cannot eat money.


But apparently it CAN be used to heat your house.

Such a sad sight for so many to witness that truly need it.

Peace

It’s promising to see they understand the true value of money tho, which is nil.
This is the first step of them creating a self sufficient society that isn’t controlled by the world banking cartels.
It may take a while but it’s possible, they just need to unite and work together.

But it is horribly sad to see, it makes me so angry at the same time and depressed that I can’t help.

Peace



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator

It’s promising to see they understand the true value of money tho, which is nil.


When it's hanging on a roll in the bathroom, the true value will be shown...


Peace



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The same thing happened in Germany. The Treaty of Versailles forced Germany to bear the entire costs of World War I. This crippled the economy, massive inflation meant that it was cheaper to burn money than firewood for cooking. France was relying on those war reparations to rebuild it's economy, those reparations were worthless.

In addition, the painful economic instability made Germany weak. The newly created Poland attacked Germany several times-being fought off by ad hoc militia units called Freikorps. Many of those would join the Nazis in a few years. Communists gained in strength as well-threatening many of the retired soldiers.

S&F to you.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus
The same thing happened in Germany. The Treaty of Versailles forced Germany to bear the entire costs of World War I. This crippled the economy, massive inflation meant that it was cheaper to burn money than firewood for cooking. France was relying on those war reparations to rebuild it's economy, those reparations were worthless.

In addition, the painful economic instability made Germany weak. The newly created Poland attacked Germany several times-being fought off by ad hoc militia units called Freikorps. Many of those would join the Nazis in a few years. Communists gained in strength as well-threatening many of the retired soldiers.

S&F to you.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)


I remember reading about this somewhere. Not is High School tho...


And from what I have experienced, paper rolled tightly actually burns hotter and longer than wood. There are paper rollers that can be purchased to do so.

Peace
edit on 14-2-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Looks like Ron Paul was wrong..........

fiat money is good for something after all!



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if this could be hell. The majority are lost and follow as sheep while the world burns around them. Those who speak the truth are silenced before the sheep can get a second glance as it takes huge effort for them to give the first glance. Eventually the sheep are so numb they don't even give a single glance and that is now. Everything that has been fought for is being destroyed and nothing is able to stop it. Soon I won't even be able to write a message like this on the internet as it will be locked down and the last mode of free communication will be effectively removed from the world.



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus
Sometimes I wonder if this could be hell. The majority are lost and follow as sheep while the world burns around them. Those who speak the truth are silenced before the sheep can get a second glance as it takes huge effort for them to give the first glance. Eventually the sheep are so numb they don't even give a single glance and that is now. Everything that has been fought for is being destroyed and nothing is able to stop it. Soon I won't even be able to write a message like this on the internet as it will be locked down and the last mode of free communication will be effectively removed from the world.


I completely see where it's heading as well. Just hold onto that keyboard tho. It will make a nice keep sake and/or a paper weight.

Peace



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The new argument against gold from the MSM : You can't burn gold!



posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Epirus
Sometimes I wonder if this could be hell. The majority are lost and follow as sheep while the world burns around them. Those who speak the truth are silenced before the sheep can get a second glance as it takes huge effort for them to give the first glance. Eventually the sheep are so numb they don't even give a single glance and that is now. Everything that has been fought for is being destroyed and nothing is able to stop it. Soon I won't even be able to write a message like this on the internet as it will be locked down and the last mode of free communication will be effectively removed from the world.


I completely see where it's heading as well. Just hold onto that keyboard tho. It will make a nice keep sake and/or a paper weight.

Peace


We are capable of so much more(no I don't mean socialism). It was a small group originally who controlled the banks and made it a goal to control...now we all live by the same greed although even those who perform the best are controlled by the hand that feeds. In reality even those performing the best shiver in fear when confronted by those who control the currency.

I'm really not for people promoting their threads in other threads but I feel it really is relevant here. I made a list of quotes from very respectable people who tried to speak against the currency creators. Clearly it never took because he who controls the currency controls the world. Now we value paper without meaning more than human life.
Source Thread







 
5

log in

join