It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIB III - A strange coincidence or intentional?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
For anyone who is taken any interest in crop circles, the following was found in August of 2002.

I recently went to IMDB to check the release date of the latest MIB movie when i saw their promotion poster.

Straight away i was reminded of the above crop circle. Another interesting thing to note is that if you cross your eyes in order to blur your vision, the image of what i would assume to be Will Smith, actually looks like a grey alien. The way the face looks, the style of glasses used and the fact its a greyscale image all add to the same idea.

Also down the bottom of the poster near the tie you can see it reads "themeninblacksuitsarereal.com"

After a quick google search of this website, it started as a '.de' domain but redirected me to the .com version.

themeninblacksuitsarereal.com...

It seems to be just a blog, though why would they put a blog on the poster of a film?

Not saying Will Smith is an alien or anything, i just thought it was an interesting idea, if it was in fact a coincidence

May or may not interesting you guys, but;I also had a dream a while back about having this craft land in the carpark of my work and these what i would describe as 'men in black' appeared out of it, they came over to me, but didn't say anything. I spoke to them but go no response, i was under the impression they were just 'monitoring' me. Later in the dream i actually had one of them come to my home and i remember seeing them walk down the side of my house, there was only two that i could see. Creepy dream, but interesting none the less.

I guess if they wanted to push some form of 'soft disclosure' this would be good start, cause you know there will be a tonne of 2012/alien/super power films this year, gonna get marketed like crazy, it's a great start to a viral campaign.
edit on 14-2-2012 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2012 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What's the story behind that first pic? If that isn't some sort of hoax, i'll eat my socks.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redeemer
What's the story behind that first pic? If that isn't some sort of hoax, i'll eat my socks.

I'm not sure of the exact details, though to my knowledge it has been theorized that this face, as well as the geometry of the circle and another crop circle that i think was on the same field just not in this image, is an actual ET response to the Arecibo message we sent out into space in the 1970s.

The other crop circle had the same lay out as the message we sent, but the information was different, it said something along the lines of what galaxy they were from, the type of life form it was and what it looked like among other things.

en.wikipedia.org...

It depends how you want to look at crop circles, a lot of them appear quite impossible and pop up over night while leaving a lot of radiation in the immediate area. This particular crop circle was in the field next to some telescope or satellite, not sure if the was related to the Arecibo message or not, again i don't have the exact details but thats the jist of it that i remember.

I'm sure there are loads of information on the net about the Arecibo message and the apparent response we got from it. It's certainly interesting if it can't be explained. Then again we have been seeing crop circles spring up all over the world of incredibly advanced geometry representing many things such as time, dimensions and DNA etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Ah I see. I used tin eye to show me more websites with the pic in question. Apparently it's called the CrabWood Crop Circle and I can't find anything confirming if it;s a hoax or not. Sorry if I am knocking your thread off topic. Here is a link to a webpage where someone did an extensive study of the picture.

Crop Circle Research

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Wow, very cool crop circle pic, OP! Thanks for sharing the pic. I tried to blur my eyes, but I can't see anything but Will Smith in that picture. May try again later when I'm not so tired and distracted. Should be an interesting movie coming out.

Love pics like these...so S n F for you

SK

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redeemer
Ah I see. I used tin eye to show me more websites with the pic in question. Apparently it's called the CrabWood Crop Circle and I can't find anything confirming if it;s a hoax or not. Sorry if I am knocking your thread off topic. Here is a link to a webpage where someone did an extensive study of the picture.

Crop Circle Research

Yeah the author died under 'suspicious' circumstances a few years later too.

Wouldn't be the first time a scientist or researcher who was studying something controversial has mysteriously died.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Why would they put a blog on the poster?

Marketing.

Like in the run up to Cloverfield's release, they created and ran Myspace pages for each of the main characters in the movie and also had seemingly unrelated Youtube videos featuring a teen girl talking about a boy she liked and eventually revealed something that tied into the background to the movie's story (which I've forgotten right now).

Or how The Dark Knight used websites and such campaigning for Harvey Dent's election to DA and a Joker version. Or The Dark Knight Rises recently using Twitter and "secret FBI files" written about a scientist character in the movie.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Here's another famous "crop circle" that reminds me of the MIB poster ad.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Totally forgot about that one! Surprised i had because it's much more accurate then the one i posted.

Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SweetKarma
Wow, very cool crop circle pic, OP! Thanks for sharing the pic. I tried to blur my eyes, but I can't see anything but Will Smith in that picture. May try again later when I'm not so tired and distracted. Should be an interesting movie coming out.

SK

Let me get this straight , you star and flag a post about a movie poster that looks nothing like the crop circle picture posted with it ?
WHY ? what is ATS coming to ?
A star should be given to a poster who posts either a great topic or a great take on a post.
A flag is to let other ATS users know that this topic is well worth looking at.
Please think about stars & Flags before you give them .

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pillock

Originally posted by SweetKarma

SK

Let me get this straight , you star and flag a post about a movie poster that looks nothing like the crop circle picture posted with it ?
A star should be given to a poster who posts either a great topic or a great take on a post.

Watch out.

It's the S n F police.

I like how you revive the thread even though you despise it. Logical.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

Hey flag nazi.....

No stars for you

edit on 16-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: add pic

top topics

join