It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli minister: Iran wants to be superpower

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Israel's deputy prime minister said Tuesday that Iran wants to revive the Persian Empire and once again become a major superpower with a nuclear bomb.

www.google.com...

Paving the way......for Nuke Bomb News?

And..........

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

"Experts believe these achievements will show the world the extraordinary capability and knowledge of Iranians."

It added that the progress will underline Iran's scientific adherence to "nuclear power for all and nuclear weapons for none," the website said.

edit on 14-2-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
pot call the kettle black much?

i would more so believe it is israel who wishes to become the super power.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Israel has nuclear bombs, so what is his point?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
pot call the kettle black much?

i would more so believe it is israel who wishes to become the super power.

Isreal already is one, they just have the urge to prove it for the world. Sitting on 400 nukes and never had the chance to use them on someone? I would be dying too

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Pretty bold statement , I just don't see Iran wanting to be a super power . It takes more then a couple of nuclear bombs to claim the super power title .

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Iran WANTS WHAT???

A NUCLEAR WEAPON????

NO WAY!!!!

This is shocking news. I can’t wait for Iran’s big announcement. If Iran says it’s building nukes will that be another American False Flag??

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Personaly I think this is just one big ploy.

Iran want the world to think it has a Nuke.

A Nuke in Irans eyes = Respect in the worlds eyes.

This is nothing but a game of Poker and Iran have no hand.

So instead they choose to bluff there way out of an impossible situation.

Sad thing is.....You should never play with the big boys....because one of them may just call your bluff.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Mmmm I believe he is trying to stir the pot?
Unless, he knows something the world does not know and Iran's big show today is about a Nuke? Not that I think that..........I hope not anyway??

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Too true.......well said.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
i see iran having nukes as self-defence.

when you see muslim countries start falling one by one and you're the only one left, if iran had any sort of competent leadership, they would accelerate their country's nuclear program by 10,000%.

that's no their fault, it's the policy of america and it's allies in the region.

they salivate at the thought of all that oil in their control. israel salivates at the thought of total domination in the region.

it's a mutual relationship based on common ambition. i would hardly call iran the aggressor.
edit on 14-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Pretty bold statement , I just don't see Iran wanting to be a super power . It takes more then a couple of nuclear bombs to claim the super power title .

Add a lot of oil and being allies with Russia and China and they can be a Superpower. The way they are going with producing nuclear energy, and researching alternative fuel sources etc, their economy will grow just from oil mainly. At least if they weren't going to be attacked that is.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What country doesn't want to be a superpower?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Why do I always see you in everything that can be anti-iran, I wonder...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Why do I always see you in everything that can be anti-Jew...oops sorry, anti – Zionist, I wonder...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Mid day wednesday................nowt!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Sure it would also involve cutting off the straits of Hormuz and capturing Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Quatar, Iraq and being on the border with or absorbing Syria, Then taking Jerusalem as part of one empire in a single war. All the oil and a military presence on the Mediterranean

Not very far fetched all they have to do is sink the Us Fleet, The Saudi house would fall like a deck of cards the rich oil barons in the smaller nations will kiss the ring of whomever keeps the oil flowing, Iraq has plenty of sympathizers inside already and Syria would just signup

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Better if they declared their weopanary to the IAEA. Whats good for Iran is good for Israel.

Iran a superpower? Having a laugh........

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I think a better question is why do you continuously stalk me around the board, professor? Why must you comment on everything I say?

Are you the THOUGHT POLICE??

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It is Iran's right to every respect to be a major player in the region and the world...they are talented hard working ,peaceful intelegent,nation.they have been abused, neglected and denied by the west for centuries.they have proved to be a peaceful nation by not invading any country in the last couple of hundred years......they believe in god and respect all other religions and nations except the Zionists......Culturally Iran is the most influential country in the ME.....Geopoliticaly Iran is located in the most critically sensitive area of the world...Iran has the second reserve of NG and the forth reserves of Oil in the world...the ancient history of at least 10 countries in the ME is identical to the persian history,because they were all parts of the Persian empire at one time or another....Iran is proved that a country can say no to the bullies and despite all the sanctions and the aggressions applied from all sides,stay well and alive and even progress....and that burns the Rothschilds to the bone.....and for these and a lot more reasons i think Iran's got every right to be a major player,...Of coarse that pisses Israel off so bad ...but hey, you got to learn to live with it,as you say in English.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

If Iran wants to be a Superpower, they will need a Starbucks on every street corner.

I personally think this is the root of all this turmoil.

Iran wants Starbucks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join