It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Occurance could it be supernatural

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Hmmm....static electricity formed in the bedroom by something rubbing together, no wonder you're kid can't sleep

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I would think that the most likely explanation is there is something wrong with that particular television. Especially if there is not any other activity happening in your house. I cannot recall any paranormal cases that involved only one thing recurring over and over again, as there is almost always other activity. Not saying it's impossible, but improbable.

My suggestion would be to unplug the television before you go to sleep, or at around the time it happened to your wife, and see what happens. IF it comes on or lights up while unplugged, get your family and LEAVE!!! Haha, but seriously, it shouldn't happen after that, until you plug it back in.

It is quite possible it could come on while unplugged if there is paranormal activity in your house, and I know this for a fact, but I still don't think events like that are too common, even in extremely haunted houses. I know not everyone believes in ghosts, and at the other extreme, you shouldn't assume it's a ghost or paranormal just because it was weird or has never happened before. Good luck and keep us updated.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

The TV coming on is interesting, and the face on the screen might be explained away as what they call "Matrixing" or the human mind's ability to form shapes and faces from random things (like seeing a cloud and thinking it's a dog, for instance). It is also interesting that it has happened to your wife as well, but it's just interesting at this point.

When paranormal activity happens, it typically doesn't manifest in just one thing. There is usually strange activity in a variety of electronic devices. If it's isolated to the TV then it may just be an issue with the TV. Once things start happening to various other devices, and other experiences unrelated to electronics altogether start happening, that's when you start to build a case on paranormal activity.

I'd start a journal of all the stuff that you can't explain that happens. Does it happen to one person more than another? Does it happen at certain times of the day? Does it happen only in certain locations in the house? Does it seem to manifest around a particular item?

I wish you luck regarding this issue, and I hope you don't psych yourselves out about it just yet. Sometimes it's just bad electronics. We've all experienced a faulty gadget here and there. Best wishes.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bpg131313

Uuum I have strange activity in a variety of devices - even the LIGHTS. The lights dim and then get brighter when I enter the room. (see also our crazy TV on page 1). I figured it's electrical and not paranormal.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I live on a hill out in the country. I was digging up all sorts of old indian artifacts so talked to an Indian I know. He was studying to be a medicine man. It seems my back yard is on an old ceremonial site used by the Indians. There are lots of strange things that happen around here but most can be explained by doing a few years of research. I see evidence of springs in the hilside and I have a well that is almost artesian. I could have put a big tank in a hole in the basement floor and it would fill, I would only need to pump it up from there. My well is in an underground river. Although the water does not come high enough to come out of the springs anymore it does create or feed streams all over nearby. Being near this underground river makes lightning strike the trees around my home frequently. It also makes the ground turn to a claybased quickmud when digging with the tractor and imediately hardens again, I think this is called Loda or something like that. It's strange how solid ground turns to water then instantly hardens when energy is taken away, I would have never believed it if someone would have told me. The problem with having you're well in an underground river is someone or something may sever it and you're water is gone. I was told this by the well driller when he drilled the well.

Now for weird stuff. The compass spins in circles in the area behind the house. Possibly because of the Indians never ending fire which created a carbon sort of electrode as it washed down in the soil and clay towards the river. This causes the bugs to do strange swarming patterns and this appears that it may not be random as far as timing. I'll have to keep track, maybe it's tied to lunar activity or something.. It also creates little baby twisters here. I see these twisters picking up leaves but they just throw them around and never haul them away. They are Just like my grandkids when I pay them to rake. There is occasionaly spider lightning all around the house. I threw out a bunch of change so it could get buried in the grass so the young ones could go look for it with the metal detector. One penny got hit by this spider lightning on the cement in front. I don't dnow what happened, possibly got vaporized because there was a dark ring where it was. An old guy that visits was going around the yard picking up my change and pocketing it before it got grown in. I told him why I was tossing it around one day and I think or hope he has quit. Weird things happen with smoke alarms, tvs, computers, etc. This magnetic anomaly is why the indians made this their ceremonial site. I feel it hightens my awareness of things but have no legit research that shows that so that is just an assumption. The pyramids were also built over underground water sources but there is no pyramid here. Just rock outcrops in the area.

As you can tell, I am retired and disabled a little and have too much time on my hands. It's cheap entertainment researching this place but I will not make any great discoveries. It gives me something to do anyway and with the drop in income I prefer to do something cheap.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Hopefully a good electrician can help you isolate the electrical issues you're experiencing. It can't be good on your electronics. As a prior firefighter, every time I hear about people having issues with their lights, the first thing I think of is a short in their wiring. I've seen it a time or two.

Best wishes with your situation.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well there is a 'conspiracy' that TVs nowdays, are like webcams and 'people' can tap in and see what you're doing...
Maybe someone is checking in, to see if there is some bedroom action going on...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 98yekiM
Well there is a 'conspiracy' that TVs nowdays, are like webcams and 'people' can tap in and see what you're doing...
Maybe someone is checking in, to see if there is some bedroom action going on...

I would believe that if there was a spot for a video camera.
I've taken apart everything from CRTs to the new LCD and Plasma TVs.
The screens just don't function that way and even if you could hide very very small video cameras in there they would be washed out by the light from the TV actually being on.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
theres nothing super natural, it's just being human is super. a lot of strange things have been happening to me past week

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

They don't need to put cameras in TVs. People are sending data through the net all the time and most people opt to put cameras on their computer. If someone wanted to watch us and had the knowledge we would be easy targets. Put on a good show for them. Maybe the Aliens need exiting reality tv shows for entertainment. They've given us technology to make their entertainment possible and free.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
MY THEORY:

i think that there is sentient life living within cyberspace.

i think that maybe there are an unlimited multitude of life forms that exist and don't exist on many levels and ways.

i think that you had a rare encounter with a curious energy being?

i think that maybe very smart artificial intelligence lives in our internet and signal communications that may have already existed, or came into being when we set up all our communication technology.
edit on 15-2-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I had a weird experience with the TV that really freaked me out at the time. I was watching a documentary about the paranormal and mediums who supposedly "talked to the dead". The documentary was talking about researchers hooking the mediums up to brain scans to see what was happening to their brains while they were "communicating" with the spirit world. Right at the point in this show when a medium was discussing his "communications" and why he felt they were real.... my TV just turned off. I sat there blinking at the screen for a few seconds. Then, the TV just turned back on. I mean, it wasn't just that the screen went black - it completely turned itself off, then turned itself back on. There was no lightening, and no affect on other electronics in the house - just the TV that I was watching. What a weird coincidence!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The state that your TV was in is one where only the backlighting was turned on. My LCD computer monitors default to this mode when they're inactive. An interesting thing to note about LED backlighting is that they're not always even across the surface of the screen, and that gets worse as they age. That only the backlighting came on probably made that more noticeable and the pareidolia effect took over from there.

As far as what actually triggered the backlighting to come on all its own, I can only put forth personal conjectures like it being shoddy parts, or shoddy design, or a short that happened to trigger only the backlighting.

Or, .. you know, your TV is out to get you.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'd say that you try to keep an eye on that side of the room & any other electrical appliances, get yourself a camera & keep it on overnight, facing that side of the room. probably won't do much, but if not then don't worry about it. Unless of course it happens again.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Get an EMF meter and check to see if you have a unusally high reading. Strong EMF emissions can cause this to happen

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by davcon
Get an EMF meter and check to see if you have a unusally high reading. Strong EMF emissions can cause this to happen

There are actually apps that work with certain phones that can use the transmitters to check for EMF and other things as well.
It's not as accurate, but if you can get one of the free ones why not.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

Yes that would work as well. Always rule out all the "normal" before labeling something paranormal. Not to say this isn't something paranormal though

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I would pull the plug from the wall when not in use, as I would see this as a fire risk. If it happens again and the plug is out then you know you have a problem that is not electrical.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join