An Italian friend ( Thanks Cristiano, you're so cool ) sent me this :
VIVA ITALIA!!!!! YOU KNOW YOU'RE ITALLIAN WHEN!!!!
- You wear a cross and hang a rosary in your car...but haven't seen the church since your confirmation.
- You're in your 20s and still pronounce it "sangwich"
- You grew up thinking that no stores had fixed prices by watching your Nonno try to bargain at the Grocery store.
- You were surprised when you saw a bottle of wine at the store.....and it wasn't homemade.
- You were beaten at least once with a wooden spoon... and had your mom's sandals thrown at you if you tried to get away.
- You weren't allowed to date, go to the movies, go to school dances or talk on the phone.....but your brother was!
- You were taller than your grandma by the time you were 7.
- Your nonna's sofa was designed with plastic covering.
- You've got at least one empty coffee tin in your garage with nails in it.....go have a look!
- Your nonna makes sure the espresso is ready even before you've started eating.
- Your cantina has enough canned food to last for the next 5 years.
- You started shaving at 12 and had breasts at 10......and so did your brother!
- Your dad can't read or write...but becomes Einstein after listening to the news.
- The same Panettonne and bottle of Cognac has been passed around to your relatives as a Christmas gift for the past 3 years.
GOSH...Look at all the good stuff we grew up with.
Let's Keep the Italian Culture Alive!!! Send this to all the "WOPS" you know!
P.S : I don't know what's a " WOPS ".