It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds shut down Amish farm for selling fresh milk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The Amish live the way they do because of their religous beliefs. This farmer, first and foremost among other things, was doing what he was doing because of his religous beliefs.
I didn't see anything in the article about this angle. Why didn't they use that?

Maybe set up sattelite offices in the other states? Laws like this are so stupid there HAS to be a way around them.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Sounds like an arm of the fed gov is interfering with his property rights. They are limiting him to his home state, but that limit, limits his right to mass produce, limiting his mind and his enjoyed craft. So the man who offers a product to a growing market, is all of a sudden stopped from expanding by fed law.

I like to think this man is a man that will chalk this business go around as a learning moment and will start taking bids on his next six+ digit plan... Yes he may close his milk operations, but I can't wait to see what is around the corner...

Maybe his next plan will be to buy some land in the DC area and do to this land what he does in Penn. State line issue closed. Then just replicate the business model to other states, of course where there is a market for raw milk.

I think this dude is a go getter.. He'll make it work.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

why cant they just stick to national security stuff,and leave good hardworking americans alone?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We can sell fresh vegetables straight from the garden, but not fresh milk straight from the cow?

If I want to poison myself with unpasteurized products, or just enjoy some good, old-fashioned farmer's milk, I should think I'm well within my rights to do so!
edit on CWednesdayam222210f10America/Chicago15 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
If I want to poison myself with unpasteurized products, or just enjoy some good, old-fashioned farmer's milk, I should think I'm well within my rights to do so!

You'd think so.

You're well within your rights to drink yourself to death. Just dont distill your own spirits or the IRS and BATFE will haul you in.

You're well within your rights to smoke yourself to death. Just dont try to grow and roll your own or the IRS and the BATFE will haul you in.

In this case you're well within your rights to extract the milk. Just dont consume it or the FDA will haul you in.

Then there's a whole host of things you can neither consume or produce lest you feel the wrath of Uncle Sam.

Nothing makes any sense. It all seems so random and arbitrary yet carries very real consequences of assault, property confiscation and imprisonment. For your own good of course. They'll tackle you at 4am in front of your family, take everything you own and lock you up for X number of years for your own good. Gotta love it.
edit on 15-2-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Stupid Feds, stupid farmer.

Of course it's an overreach, like so much of government is rapidly becoming.

He had two warnings, he knew the Feds were after him. He tried to get cute my selling shares in the cows. The judge slapped that idea down. Did he want to get in trouble to create notoriety? Now we have the Occupy Cow movement?

Dumb, dumb, it was all dumb. End of frustrated rant.

What is "dumb" is suggesting that he wanted "to get in trouble to create notoriety?" after six years without any hassle. What is "dumb" is not understanding that "selling shares" is not being "cute." For the frustrated victim/s it is often a successful workaround of laws meant purely to amass power and control over individual freedoms and liberties.

This is what raw milk/produce farmers are up against to get you started:
FDA raw milk war

Armed raid of food co-op

edit on 2/15/2012 by satoriku because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The FDA is one of many alphabet agencies in the US that needs to be downsized or shutdown. Only one man can save farmers like this. Vote Ron Paul 2012!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join