It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'You're not gonna put handcuffs on me. I'm a cop' (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Here we go again. Yet another cop who believes he's above the law because he has a badge.

www.palmbeachpost.com...

Late for work and speeding, an undercover cop led Florida Highway Patrol troopers on an 18-mile chase through Palm Beach County before stopping, then expected some professional courtesy.

"You're not gonna put handcuffs on me. I'm a cop,'' Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputy Carlos Lisboa said, according to a statement from one of the pursuing troopers.

The incident began when Maliszewski clocked Lisboa, who was late for his 2 p.m. shift, going 92 mph on Florida's Turnpike in Jupiter.

On his way to join an undercover team conducting surveillance in Boynton Beach, Lisboa was driving an unmarked Dodge Journey SUV.

The trooper pulled in behind Lisboa with his siren wailing, but rather than stop, the deputy flashed the blue and red lights in the rear window of the SUV and kept going — for 13 minutes.

One of Lisboa's supervisors later told sheriff's investigators he instructed Lisboa by radio to "pull the f*** over,'' but that the deputy said he couldn't because he'd been stopped before for speeding and feared a confrontation.

"There's gonna be a fight. I'm gonna kick this guy's a**," Lisboa said, according to the supervisor.

Lisboa held his badge out the window before being pulled out and handcuffed.

"The suspect began shouting that he was a deputy and working with the feds on a high-profile case,'' Maliszewski wrote in a report. "The suspect was now threatening me that I would lose my job for stopping him.''

Lisboa told the troopers he couldn't pull over because he was on a stakeout. His boss, Sgt. Michael Custer, later disputed that.

"He was not following anybody,'' Custer told the FHP. "We had one target we were looking for that day, and he was not on the turnpike.''

After confirming Lisboa was a sheriff's deputy, the troopers removed his handcuffs. He was formally arrested later on a felony charge of fleeing to elude a law enforcement officer and resisting an officer, a misdemeanor.

Personally, I'd have kept the cuffs on him. Especially the way he was talking to the arresting officers, making threats to have them fired, and not pulling over, I'm surprised they removed his cuffs.

I'd ask what's wrong with this cop and others like him, but I already know. Too bad they all don't screw up in this manner before they have the opportunity to serious hurt someone like we've seen in the past. After all, this cop has a history of bad behavior and it was only a matter of time. It's unfortunate that he didn't learn from his previous mistake.

In March, Lisboa pleaded guilty to misdemeanor reckless driving and was fined $50 plus court costs, a total of $506. The Sheriff's Office suspended him for 30 days without pay and revoked his take-home car for a year.

Please visit the link for the video and his mugshot.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
He must have been working with the Just-Us department.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Lmfao.

'i wuz on 92mph stakeout'

'no you were not'

Ratted out by your boss like a BAWS!!

Love it

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Not only would I have kept the cuffs on him..I would have taken the scenic route back to the jailhouse.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
In case anyone's interested, here's a link to the Sun Sentinel's report on speeding cops:
www.sun-sentinel.com...

About The Investigation
We've all seen it, and now there's documented proof. Cops drive fast -- really fast, and not just in emergencies.

Their SunPass records provided the evidence. The Sun Sentinel got ahold of them, hit the highways with a GPS and figured out how fast they were driving based on the distance and time it took to go from one toll location to the next. The investigation took three months and found nearly 800 cops from 12 police agencies driving 90 to 130 mph during the past year. See What We Found

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm at a loss as to the entitlement at5titude and they have it real bad out here.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It amazes me, if that was any other driver and not a cop. The book would have been flung at them. But since he was a cop he only receives a fine. A complete joke. This case backs up the claims that speeding cops receive special treatment.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Its a cop eat cop world out there!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The bit about the handcuffs being removed after they found out he was a cop is the most upsetting part.

Then returning to arrest him later? Like they figured they were going to get called out for letting him walk so they should act to cover their rears.

top topics

join