It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey If You Need Inspiration/Motivation... Get In Here Now!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is the Inspirational Motivational thread. Post your inspirational quotes pics videos etc.. We often overlook our Mental/Spiritual health and we could all use some inspiration and motivation to do the things we have always dreamed of or just make it to the next level of what ever it is we are striving for at the moment. I'll start it off and I'll post more later...

And this video always gets me

And almost forgot Nepoloen Hill reveals the secret to all Success...

edit on 14-2-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
And who can forget this great Speech by Charlie Chaplin!

I do not know who this is from but hell yes this is who we are!

We're our own hero
I don't know you. I don't know a thing about you. I don't know where you come from, where you're going or why you do what you do. I don't know if we'd get along if we met. But there is one thing that I do know: You are capable of much more than you have been led to believe.
As I am writing this, there are 6.7 billion people walking and breathing on our humble rock. The overwhelming, vast majority of them will pass through their 720,000 hours like a match struck in the wind. Hardly noticed, scarcely remembered.

Tomorrow, as you go about your day, take your time to look around. Are there a lot of people around? What do you see? You see mediocrity. You see average. You see everything about yourself that you hate, that you fear, but that you have conditioned to believe is acceptable. Fine. Enough. A good job.

I'm here to tell you that you will NOT settle for what is fine. You will NOT settle for a good job. Fine is for the loser. Fine is for the guy who skipped the last set of his workout because he just didn't feel like it. Fine is for the guy who cheated on his diet (this goes for you too, you skinny #s) because he just couldn't do it anymore. Fine is for the guy who took a nap instead of sprinting around town in torrential downpour. Fine is for the guy who got the job, but not the one he wanted. That guy made second place. He has never embraced pain, personal sacrifice, or thrown himself into the fires of dedication. Most importantly, and starting today, that guy is NOT YOU.

You are not that person. You are destined for greatness. You have it inside of you, and you know it. You have always known it, you have felt it as a faint thumping in your gut. It is clawing, scratching, struggling to be set free. It needs your help. As long as you hold yourself to the standard of 'average', that is all you will ever be. In your dreams you aren't average, so why the # are you settling for it now? What are you not doing right now? What is eating at the back of your skull? Go do it. You know what it is. The time to act is now. You will burn. You will suffer. Your demons will not be defeated easily. Every step of the way they will whisper in your ear that you aren't good enough. That you aren't meat to succeed. "Just give up", they will mutter, "you'll never be the best". "NO", you will reply. You will embrace suffering. You will finish that last rep. You will claw through the agonizing pain. You will destroy the mediocre pussy in your head. You will break boundaries. You will rise above the rest. You will realize your potential.

You are no average man.

pimetaradox.blogspot.com...

edit on 15-2-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hey friends come on help me out here? Don't tell me no one has any inspirational quotes stories or pictures etc. Lets make this an epic thread that we can all come to anytime for positive inspiration and motivation etc.? What do you think?

edit on 17-2-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ok lets try this again. I originally posted this in a different forum but was able to get it moved here. Help me out folks post your inspirational stuff pleaseeeeee!

edit on 20-2-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Brilliant post my friend.

Definitely a star for you. Thanks, sometimes we need these reminders.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Riakennor

Thanks man with all the negativity here we need a little balance and hopefully this thread can fill that need.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I don't have anything to add to this thread, but just wanted to let you know that I visit it every morning before I start my day. It has inspired me immensely. I thank you for that

Just didn't want you to think that the lack of replies in this thread implied a lack of appreciation, so I thought I'd let you know.
Thanks again

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
A quote from the late Bill Hicks...

edit on 21-2-2012 by Shangrila because: video not working

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dyllels

Thanks my friend it is appreciated! However you do have something to add and your positive comment about how it inspires you adds greatly to the spirit of the thread!

edit on 21-2-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
great thread. My fave has always been the "blue dot" totally puts things into perspective. I also love the fact we are made from stardust.

s/f for you OP!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Great thread.
This is one of my favorites...

Free Hugs

Getting up there 72 million views. IMO It is good for humanity to keep one eye on the good stuff!!

Cheers

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I love this thread! I totally flagged it! XD It's ok that not many people added to it... What you out was wonderful and I wouldn't want Anything to distract from or dillute the great message already here. Why add to perfection? Don't fix it if it ain't broken!
Of.course, I don't want to discourage anyone if they DO have anything to add
I just wanted to make sure the op knows they did a great job. But so did everyone else who posted here! But, if nobody else does post anymore, that would still be perfectly fine! Of course, if they wanted to, then that would definitely be welcome and appreciated! But if they don't, then that wouldn't make this thread any less valuable!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Great thread! Can totally imagine Bruce Lee doing what was said in that quote, and also love this one :

Originally posted by hawkiye
I do not know who this is from but hell yes this is who we are!

We're our own hero
I don't know you. I don't know a thing about you. I don't know where you come from, where you're going or why you do what you do. I don't know if we'd get along if we met. But there is one thing that I do know: You are capable of much more than you have been led to believe.
As I am writing this, there are 6.7 billion people walking and breathing on our humble rock. The overwhelming, vast majority of them will pass through their 720,000 hours like a match struck in the wind. Hardly noticed, scarcely remembered.

Tomorrow, as you go about your day, take your time to look around. Are there a lot of people around? What do you see? You see mediocrity. You see average. You see everything about yourself that you hate, that you fear, but that you have conditioned to believe is acceptable. Fine. Enough. A good job.

I'm here to tell you that you will NOT settle for what is fine. You will NOT settle for a good job. Fine is for the loser. Fine is for the guy who skipped the last set of his workout because he just didn't feel like it. Fine is for the guy who cheated on his diet (this goes for you too, you skinny #s) because he just couldn't do it anymore. Fine is for the guy who took a nap instead of sprinting around town in torrential downpour. Fine is for the guy who got the job, but not the one he wanted. That guy made second place. He has never embraced pain, personal sacrifice, or thrown himself into the fires of dedication. Most importantly, and starting today, that guy is NOT YOU.

You are not that person. You are destined for greatness. You have it inside of you, and you know it. You have always known it, you have felt it as a faint thumping in your gut. It is clawing, scratching, struggling to be set free. It needs your help. As long as you hold yourself to the standard of 'average', that is all you will ever be. In your dreams you aren't average, so why the # are you settling for it now? What are you not doing right now? What is eating at the back of your skull? Go do it. You know what it is. The time to act is now. You will burn. You will suffer. Your demons will not be defeated easily. Every step of the way they will whisper in your ear that you aren't good enough. That you aren't meat to succeed. "Just give up", they will mutter, "you'll never be the best". "NO", you will reply. You will embrace suffering. You will finish that last rep. You will claw through the agonizing pain. You will destroy the mediocre pussy in your head. You will break boundaries. You will rise above the rest. You will realize your potential.

You are no average man.

pimetaradox.blogspot.com...

edit on 15-2-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

Will add some of my own if/when I find something good enough to add.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Brilliant! Thanks so much for posting this thread, I'm going to end my ats night on a high note with it

YOU ROCK MY FRIEND!

XXX
Amanda

My contribution...
If you don't love yourself, how can you see all those that do?

That's all I got for now, hope it adds x

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
How one act of sharing and compassion can have a ripple effect

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Love, Reality and the Time of Transition (this is more than just inspiration/motivation)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dohya
How one act of sharing and compassion can have a ripple effect

www.youtube.com...

Love, Reality and the Time of Transition (this is more than just inspiration/motivation)

Thanks for the contributions guys!

edit on 11-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Thankyou for this thread hope it sews a tapestry of posiyive vibes amongst all whom share in it......

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
This is the Inspirational Motivational thread. Post your inspirational quotes pics videos etc.. We often overlook our Mental/Spiritual health and we could all use some inspiration and motivation to do the things we have always dreamed of or just make it to the next level of what ever it is we are striving for at the moment. I'll start it off and I'll post more later...

And this video always gets me

And almost forgot Nepoloen Hill reveals the secret to all Success...

edit on 14-2-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)
this is in reponce to thr birds on a wire photo www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Qoutes -
It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love, or how you love, it matters only....that You love. - John Lennon

"The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join