It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures: Shark Swallows Another Shark Whole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
news.nationalgeographic.com... harkswallowsshark#/carpet-shark-swallows-bamboo-shark-front_48651_600x450.jpg

A shark has been caught on camera making a meal of another shark along Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Released earlier this month, the pictures show a tasseled wobbegong halfway through swallowing a brownbanded bamboo shark.

Hungry little fellow? There ya go.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Nature sure loves creating animals that swallow one another whole.

Pacman frogs (perhaps better known as horned frogs) are so aggressive about swallowing other creatures whole that they often attack prey that is much too big to be swallowed and subsequently choke themselves to death.

Watching a frog angrily choke itself to death instead of give up it's last meal is quite an education in natural selection.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I saw this picture a couple days ago being stated that it was the first picture of a shark eating another shark (although they know it happens), but I did some research and there are a couple videos showing sharks eating other sharks.

This shark was almost another shark's meal.

edit on 14-2-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I've seen sharks eat other sharks with my own eyes. I've even seen a disemboweled shark eat its own guts, before being devoured by his buddies.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Not such an amazing picture when you take into account the fact that the wobbegong (carpet shark) reaches a maximum length of 3 metres (9.8 ft) and the bamboo shark tops out at 120cm (48in). Jump on youtube and search, you will find much better footage of sharks canabalizing other sharks. I remember several years back a 3m great white was caught off the coast of Qld (Australia) and was being towed by boat in to shore, it had been eviscerated by a much larger shark in a single bite. (Sorry I haven't learnt to add video yet, you'll have to look for yourself if interested!)

edit on 14-2-2012 by Silverkiss because: hope the vid link works...

new topics

top topics

join