It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Within the next 10 years, name one nation you think will either disappear or become smaller

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I predict much of Syria ends up as part of Turkey before this is all said and done.

I have a few other less dramatic things I think are very possible, such as Scotland leaving the UK, Taiwan reunifying with China, the Koreas becoming united, and the dissolution of Lebanon as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The USA.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Great Britain

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Either all nations become one nation or the USA.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
All of them, should a nuclear exchange take place.

It seems more and more likely every day.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Iran

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Russian Federation.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I wont name a nation but i know one that is imploding fast, that would be Earth.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Every single one.

That's a long list, so I guess I'll just make the list by saying that I think that the countries of the world are going to look vastly different, and probably not even exist at all, within the next 10 to 15 years.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Throw a dart at the African continent, you may hit something interesting...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
A nation that will become smaller? Are we talking about physically getting smaller or economically?

Physically pick a nation in the middle east, they're borders are useless. most were made up by western governments in the 20th century. These borders mean little to the indigenous populations. After the war with Iran I think a lot of borders will shift.

Economically every first and second world nations will be knocked down a peg or two after this current economic situation plays itself out. This does not end with Greece, Ireland, Iceland and Spain.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
A difficult but good question...

I'd say there are two ways for nations to disappear.

1. They are politically incorporated into another state, or run as an outright conquered vassal of another state.
2. A state is overrun with so many people from one or more other nations that its entire character changes, and while it may exist as a political entity, it no longer bears any characteristics of the state as it was founded.

SA will be overrun and ruled by foreigners from the rest of Africa in 2022. It will bear little resemblance to the "liberated SA" in 1994.
Our languages like isiZulu, isiXhosa or Afrikaans will verge on extinction, possibly replaced by Arabic, French and English, or some kind of pidgin.

The white population (who owned the majority, but drier parts of the land) will be largely dispossessed, or living in exile. The same with the Indians, and many of the coloreds.

Without the "white devils" and their expertise, the country will fall further into ruin, although the begging hands of the Marxist Africanists will be hard pressed to find much sympathy, as the Western world, tired of accusations of exploitation and dishing out money to corrupt scoundrels, will close ranks and increasingly cut foreign aid and trade.

The Chinese will rule, and openly direct politics.

Our borders with Zimbabwe are already porous, and the ANC love Mugabe, so maybe we should just become one big Arsezania?

edit on 14-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You think the US of A is gonna fall? Yeah, right. Even though America is split down the middle with idiots on one side and morons on the other, when the enemy comes they'll unite and fight until freedom or death. Except the hippies.

If you ain't American and you got a problem...come at me, bro!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Maldives, Seychelles and all those itsy-bitsy sea level island countries that will get washed away with the next tsunami or global warming effects..

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
You think the US of A is gonna fall? Yeah, right. Even though America is split down the middle with idiots on one side and morons on the other, when the enemy comes they'll unite and fight until freedom or death. Except the hippies.

If you ain't American and you got a problem...come at me, bro!

you mean problem 'with America' correct ? Or you got a shiieet-load of people 7 billion+ minus Americans coming at you. Everyone's got problems man!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Great Britain

The UK? Oh please, I doubt it. More like either the USA or parts of the old Soviet union that Russia decides to take back.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

Georgia and other old Soviet states could disappear. The USSR will recombine at some point, and Georgia will be one of the first one's absorbed.

Israel will likely get smaller with the creation of a Palestinian State.

Iran may get smaller, if we attack them (not that I am a fan of this plan, but it seems inevitable).

Hopefully the N/S Korea designations disappear and it turns back to just Korea.

This next one will never happen, but I'd love to see Cuba become our 51st State!!

US/Mexico/Canada could become the NAU, and we could get several major global players. EU, NAU, Soviet and/or BRIC alliance. I think bigger alliances will continue to form on the march towards a one world government.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
All of them. One world government. Member states will still have different names but will be under central control.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Georgia is too heavily connected with the USA to be re-taken my Russia. I imagine the Gaza strip will become smaller as well as the out lying Palestinian territories in the west bank as Jewish settlers continue to land grab.

I can also see Korea becoming a unified nation again.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I see the cosmic arrests and this world freed. And until that happens, everything here is just illusion and aside from encouraging wake up and peace, love and equality in people, nothing else matters except to work on trying to rescue as many of the dark hats as possible too, they're not going to be happy in the end. One day they'll be facing us with tears running down their faces, and its going to break our hearts if we didn't work overtime at trying to get this world freed and move their cold hearts.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join