Google Search results -- click on link and get blank screen

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Thanks Mister_Bit but thats not the same problem as the OP is describing. The page you have linked me to is a support article for "A new window opened in Internet Explorer displays a blank white page" while the second link is "Internet Explorer 9 opens blank page on some webpages"

I think the OP is only having this problem when he is clicking links returned from Google search.

Also both pages you have linked to are Microsoft support articles with full instructions on how to fix the problems along with downloadable Microsoft updates that fix things. This is far from Microsoft burying their heads in the sand.

edit on 14-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)
Well, I'll just leave it to you and your two professional help desk assistants then.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Your help is appreciated its just the links you have found so far dont seem to be related

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
edit on 2/14/2012 by Klassified because: Nevermind. Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
OK.

I just re-installed IE9.

The problem is solved.

It must have been a corrupt IE9 ??

I will be using Firefox now however, it seems a bit better for some things, like general browsing.

Good help guys

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Hi Klassified , if the problem was with the host's file then the OP would not be able to get it working in firefox.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I understand that. There was a method to my madness. Moot now though.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Did all that with no solutions.

I re-installed IE9 and that worked.

Thanks for the suggestions

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thats great news xuenchen, more than just likely some small corruption in IE9.

Thanks for reporting back with a working solution

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by Klassified

Did all that with no solutions.

I re-installed IE9 and that worked.

Thanks for the suggestions

Glad you got it working.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It must have been something in the registry.

Because the problem was present in both the 32 and 64 bit IE9 programs.

The re-install must have reset whatever it was.

P.S.

I notice that posting is faster with Firefox !!

And pages load faster and better !!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Hi Xuenchen , Im still checking up on this problem as i have not heard of it before and the only reference ive found to your problem so far is this :

Google search redirect to nothing IP 85.255.120.226

It seems it that case it was a malware infection. It might be something to keep an eye out for.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Hi Xuenchen , Im still checking up on this problem as i have not heard of it before and the only reference ive found to your problem so far is this :

Google search redirect to nothing IP 85.255.120.226

It seems it that case it was a malware infection. It might be something to keep an eye out for.

Could be.

But since I re-installed IE9 I can't check to see.

But Before I re-installed IE9, I had no problem with Firefox.

This seemed to be an IE9 corrupt.

Thanks again !

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

P.S.

We did try to tell ya!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

P.S.

We did try to tell ya!!!

Actually I knew it.

I have Firefox on a different computer, but it's an old unit with winXP.

Thanks for all the help.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Glad to hear you resolved the issue.

When you get the hang of Firefox you might want to browse through some addons to enhance your browsing experience. One addon I could not live without: Speed Dial.

Also, Ubiquity is/was amazing - and if you use it it will streamline and completely change the way you browse the web.

mozillalabs.com...

I'm always happy to see someone make the switch from IE to Firefox/Chrome. Welcome to the Open Source community.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Glad to hear you resolved the issue.

When you get the hang of Firefox you might want to browse through some addons to enhance your browsing experience. One addon I could not live without: Speed Dial.

Also, Ubiquity is/was amazing - and if you use it it will streamline and completely change the way you browse the web.

mozillalabs.com...

I'm always happy to see someone make the switch from IE to Firefox/Chrome. Welcome to the Open Source community.

That one looks cool.

Thanks !!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The FBI to shut down your internet access March 8th:

www.activistpost.com...

TextThis March 8th, the FBI is planning to unplug DNS servers it set up to help eliminate malware from over half of Fortune 500 companies and government agencies still infected in early 2012. The change could potentially leave a great number of Internet users without access to the Web.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Just a note on my own personal preference but when/if Firefox starts bogging down, give Chrome a try. I know... people hate Google...but it has real benefits. Firefox slows to the point of crawling after a few hours using multiple windows with multiple tabs. Web design and such... I finally got around to running a real time resource monitor a bit more sophisticated than what Windows shows and WOW... The cumulative memory FF takes over time is breathtaking. It sure explained the system slow down over the course of a night. memory leak isn't quite saying enough. lol.... I still have FF on for a couple extensions on specific uses...otherwise, I chrome the net.

Anyway.. Just a suggestion on that. If you don't get into using that heavily at once, it may never come up.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I deleted Internet Explorer several years ago and haven't looked back. Firefox is so much more superior in almost every way.

If ever Firefox gives you issues, run CCleaner and 99.9% of the time it's fixed. Personally, I have a small issue with Firefox perhaps once a year at most.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Hmmmm, I was under the impression that IE could not be "deleted" since Microsoft software is so tied into it, but I might be confusing Delete with Uninstall. Is it possible to uninstall IE from a Windows computer without impacting function?

<< 1  2    4 >>

join