It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood responsibility.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
How much responsibility should Hollywood hold for creating false impressions? As Hollywood films, have became a source of truth for some do they have a responsibility for truth: representing history and real life things truthfully?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Absolutely not! They are supposed to be entertainment, not a teaching tool. This is why the world is as it is. We found a way to incorporate "hollywood" into our everyday lives. These people are "characters" on a screen, and they get paid to pretend.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hollywood Responsibility.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
what are you saying. wrestling and transformers are fake!!! i just talked with spock on my communicater and he told me my bill is past due!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Exactly. WE are responsible for knowing what it true in every way. Hollywood only has any clout at all because we gave it to them. If you want to put them in their place, don't buy their products. If and when you do, remember that it's totally fake. Film stars, studios, the whole business are bloated and swaggering because of people devouring the plastic world they present to the public who are only too willing to surrender themselves to that illusion. It's not real!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That's all we need now...more Hollywood Police. They already have that, they are called censors. who rate the movies for age recommendations

Do you rally want the government to take over every single aspect of our lives.

edit on 14-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You're responsible for the crap you consume. Whether food, music, video or conversation.

You and nobody else.

Sure, popular lack of actually being responsible leads to wide unchecked insanity since people refuse to filter the crap they consume.

Which is why democracy is rubbish.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
How much responsibility should Hollywood hold for creating false impressions? As Hollywood films, have became a source of truth for some do they have a responsibility for truth: representing history and real life things truthfully?

BTW, I wanted to add that there already is a so called genre of "truthful" films, that hollywood describes as real life... its called propaganda films!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The only reason Hollywood is so big is because its used by tptb to spread their propaganda.

Take Transformers 3 for example, where optimus prime states that they're secret transformer gang go around the world stopping dictators from building weapons of mass destruction.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Hollywood isn't resposible for what some people see as truth and what others don't. They make movies and T.V. shows, they're not mind readers. If you can't see how a movie like "The Notebook" CAN be real and want you to be more like the main character in that movie, and see that a movie like Robocop CAN'T be real......then Hollywood can't help you and they certainly aren't going to tailor their products for people who cannot distinguish fact from fiction.

They don't have a moral obligation to us. YOU however have the choice whether to buy their products or not. You have to get out of the mindset that others should make your decisions for you. Only then will you truely be in charge of your own life.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorSatan

I don't know know you, but I have a wierd request. Could you star my post for me? I don't like my current star count too much right now.

Never mind, someone already did.

edit on 14-2-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: Update

edit on 14-2-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Let me put my opinion this way.

If a meteor were to land on Hollywood, killing everything within say 30 miles, I would count that as probably the most beneficial day in human history.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
How about historical events: when they are made into films as they aren't fictional events they change what people think happened. Surely if something factual is covered there is a responsibility. How about the film A beautiful mind, in real life the mathematician wasn't ill until after he wrote the paper(long after) obtained all his degrees before getting ill. How about coverage of ww2: America joined Britain into the war.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

How about historical events: when they are made into films as they aren't fictional events they change what people think happened. Surely if something factual is covered there is a responsibility. How about the film A beautiful mind, in real life the mathematician wasn't ill until after he wrote the paper(long after) obtained all his degrees before getting ill. How about coverage of ww2: America joined Britain into the war.

How about you make sense of your post to me...I can't make heads or tails of it....

Des

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
History should not be misrepresented as it has been many times by Hollywood: do not rewrite history in your favour, show it as it was, not as you want it to be.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

A "responsibility"?

No.

Movies are entertainment.

A documentary can even portray things with a bias or slant one way or another.

If you want real life, step out the door.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

History should not be misrepresented as it has been many times by Hollywood: do not rewrite history in your favour, show it as it was, not as you want it to be.

How do you know what you call history is an accurate portrayal of what really happened?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It is based up on the available data. Saying America led ww2 or took apart in things it did not is not correct as proven by the facts. It is a misrepresentation and something that is supposed to be of a historical event should be covered a certain way: correctly: Hollywood lies so that America looks better than it actually is.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

It is based up on the available data. Saying America led ww2 or took apart in things it did not is not correct as proven by the facts. It is a misrepresentation and something that is supposed to be of a historical event should be covered a certain way: correctly: Hollywood lies so that America looks better than it actually is.

Nobody says the USA took the lead in WWII. Not Even movies of that era. Where do you get this?

Does Ben Afleck inform you of life more than facts?

If If so, read, look, learn.

I absolutely hate these words together, but here I find myself saying: WAKE THE EFF UP!

ffs grow some

edit on 2/16/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: sp

new topics

top topics

join