It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurozone Finance Ministers Won't Meet, Greece Has Not Yet Done Enough To Assure Austerity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Eurozone Finance Ministers Won't Meet, Greece Has Not Yet Done Enough To Assure Austerity

www.businessinsider.com

Reuters reports that Eurozone finance ministers will probably not hold a planned meeting in Brussels tomorrow as the paperwork for Greece's austerity plan is still incomplete.

Instead, they're expected to hold a conference call.
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   
UPDATE: In just the last few minutes after that Reuters headline came out, Dow Jones reported that Greek PM Lucas Papademos said there will indeed be a Eurogroup meeting tomorrow in Brussels.

Olli Rehn, it said, also told that publication about two hours ago that there was going to be a meeting.

The news media appears conflicted on what's going on. We'll update when we hear more.

UPDATE II: It now appears that the Eurogroup meeting scheduled for tomorrow is indeed off, and not because of paperwork.

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   
Many within ATS have not yet understood the mechanics behind how the Euro Group is actually being conducted, so i have placed this gem of what its all about.

This is how the world will be in several years. The experiment has been achieved and its outcome is there for all viewers to contemplate.
edit on 14-2-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Some political figure in Holland said, ''now the banks got enough fat on their bones so we can alllow to say goodbye to Greece. Just wow, first they said; how important it was to send money to greece to save them!
And people here in Holland saying; # greece, while being #ed themself, twice now.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Watching that 2nd video, about the street riots.

I can't help but think, if that was in the US , those demonstrators would be dead.

Ya, those riots will move to other countries, Spain Italy, but the US , no way.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Is that good or bad, I mean, it looks like in the US they got you scared enough, to not do anything serious, only some peacefull protests, and even those will be taken out, even with force!
Even when you guys got guns, you seem more powerless, as people?

Though I must say; when things get as bad in Greece.. really you guys would just let it happen?
edit on 14-2-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
Some political figure in Holland said, ''now the banks got enough fat on their bones so we can alllow to say goodbye to Greece. Just wow, first they said; how important it was to send money to greece to save them!
And people here in Holland saying; # greece, while being #ed themself, twice now.

Indeed the citizens of europe have all been played over, everyone knew that these measure's would not reform greece's economy and this can be seen by its statistical figures and if it continues then an two things will occur.

One greece spirals into a civil war and back lashes against europe while inviting all nations to invest either western or not ( something the u.s. is trying to avoid at all costs )
or
Two, greece is given what it requires for it to begin its process of restructure otherwise the first option is the most real scenario. So yes, Greece at the moment is in a state of war, well it has been for the past two + years. Its now not upto the citizens to decide but the onus falls upon the politicians and the european council. There are lot of us out there that are in standby mode.

War and Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Greeks dont muck about, the first time there was talk of austerity measures a year or two ago tens of thousands of greeks took to the streets petrol bombing policemen and setting off home made explosives in banks.

Not many countries have that sort of conviction.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Watching that 2nd video, about the street riots.

I can't help but think, if that was in the US , those demonstrators would be dead.

Ya, those riots will move to other countries, Spain Italy, but the US , no way.

The difference between u.s. citizens and southern euro citizens, ie, spain italy greece is their mentality, if one shot is fired resulting in a death then its an all out eye for an eye as you might have seen the last time a student was killed " Alex " . Greeks are simply not afraid to pull out their arms and go head to head against obvious unlawful manipulation of the constitution. That is the fundamental difference between the two nations.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin

Is that good or bad, I mean, it looks like in the US they got you scared enough, to not do anything serious, only some peacefull protests,

The MSM has our citizens so Brainwashed, there will not be those type of riots.
They have the country split in two, with GOP/Dem lines drrawn.
Then they have the country split with Class levels.
Then they have the country split with Religeous views.

We Americans spend so much time fighting each other, we will never protest like those Greeks.

Wont happen. We will go quietly into the destruction of our country.

I feel sick.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Its the same in the UK basicaly the majority of the population are either totaly unawares of whats actualy going on or a too stupid to comprehend whats going on. And the people that do understand?, well theyve clearly known for generations theyve been gettin screwed but choose to do nothing. No momentum.

Last year we had TWO MILLION people on strike in the UK, 2 million. Thats insane, one of the largest strikes in the history of our country, it brought the country to a halt basicaly, newspapers never mentioned it. Barely anyone I spoke too knew anything about it. Thats pretty messed up.

And I guess people are scared they will get in too much trouble if they step out line. Were too far gone im affraid.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab

Its the same in the UK basicaly the majority of the population are either totaly unawares of whats actualy going on or a too stupid to comprehend whats going on. And the people that do understand?, well theyve clearly known for generations theyve been gettin screwed but choose to do nothing. No momentum.

Last year we had TWO MILLION people on strike in the UK, 2 million. Thats insane, one of the largest strikes in the history of our country, it brought the country to a halt basicaly, newspapers never mentioned it. Barely anyone I spoke too knew anything about it. Thats pretty messed up.

And I guess people are scared they will get in too much trouble if they step out line. Were too far gone im affraid.

That is alarming, two million people and the country was like nothing happened. It honestly does show the lelvel of "Yes Sir" - "No Sir" , "Two Bags Full Sir". What ever happened to that English pride, i am always in contact with you guys from the U.K. , heck i visit london more than i visit my family, so i do understand what your going through, its as if all chem sparying and mass psyops has really achieved its goal in london.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Civil war in Greece? No chance at all.There are no religious factions, tribes or whatever it needs for a civil war.Anarchy, yes.Armed fights between army and police, probably.But civil war, a big NO.

On the topic.The greek experiment had succeded, or at least "they" think so.To be completely honest, TPTB will be pleased with Greece beeing sold for a nickle or having their people as slaves for Germany, France, Netherlands and 2-3 more countries in north Europe.

There is one thing that can stop TPTB regarding Greece, and, by default, all other european countries targeted :
Anarchy first and Greece nationalizing all assets after people take back the power.Greeks are one of the most patriots and nationalists people on this planet.

If they manage to topple the puppets in charge, not thru elections but thru revolution, greeks will stick it to IMF, WB and EU.Greece have enough potential to live and prosper WITHOUT EU.

Its up to greeks if they want to become slaves in their own country or free men.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
Civil war in Greece? No chance at all.There are no religious factions, tribes or whatever it needs for a civil war.Anarchy, yes.Armed fights between army and police, probably.But civil war, a big NO.

On the topic.The greek experiment had succeded, or at least "they" think so.To be completely honest, TPTB will be pleased with Greece beeing sold for a nickle or having their people as slaves for Germany, France, Netherlands and 2-3 more countries in north Europe.

There is one thing that can stop TPTB regarding Greece, and, by default, all other european countries targeted :
Anarchy first and Greece nationalizing all assets after people take back the power.Greeks are one of the most patriots and nationalists people on this planet.

If they manage to topple the puppets in charge, not thru elections but thru revolution, greeks will stick it to IMF, WB and EU.Greece have enough potential to live and prosper WITHOUT EU.

Its up to greeks if they want to become slaves in their own country or free men.

You seem to assume that the west is the only allie in the ball park, Lets just wait and see, i haz a noez for theez.

top topics

join