It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beacons In Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I've never heard of this idea that there are alien beacons transmitting some sort of message in space and at least one has been recovered. Can anyone tell me more about them, and are there any documents, (verified authentic) statements made by someone who would have been in a position to know about them etc etc that give reasonable evidence that they may be real? And what about this message? What is it / does it say and are there any drawings or renderings of what these beacons are supposed to look like? Dimensions? Or is the whole thing a figment of someones imagination?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I know we sent one out in the 70's, detailing a map of our solar system and where we are and what we look like, plus it had recorded versions of hello in most major languages.

As for us finding them maybe these romours are based on the 2001 Space odessey theory. A large monolith with a purpose?

I would be interested to here more on this.

Regards

Boon dog

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
check out www.totalthinker.com for more info on recent monolith finds,this topic should really have more replys!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'd think there might be a few beacons that keep saying, "We need more fish." over and over again. Anyone very familiar with the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books will know what I'm talking about.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by Godzilla2000]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
@ Godzilla. Or maybe they're just giving directions to the restaurant at the end of the universe

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Optimus Fete I went to the url you gave but it was a website for "ontology development"
I don't see how this relates? Couldn't find anything on monoliths there

Your Total Thinking web site
Ontology Development created a whole-brain conceptual approach to creativity called Total Thinking. Total Thinking helps individuals and organizations develop metaphoric awareness in order to:
discover unconscious influences on their decision making processes,
resolve long-standing sources of internal conflict, and conflict with others
develop new communication strategies,
attract a larger audience to their mission or products, and
discover new opportunities to develop and grow,

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Optimus Fete I went to the url you gave but it was a website for "ontology development" I don't see how this relates? Couldn't find anything on monoliths there

sorry mate,must have messed up there-could have possibly been a link from there? I find this subject real intresting so ill get back to you shortly with some right info,ive read an awful lot about monoliths in the past so ill try and find out where i read it.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
In the book by Jim Marrs Alien Agenda he mentions remote viewers having seen beacons orbiting earth...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This may have been posted before but thought it might interest some:

Astrobiology Magazine (AM): Could you give some background on the history of looking for signals in our neighborhood, or Solar System SETI?

Scot Stride (SS): Solar System SETI (S3ETI) is a strategy that hypothesizes ETI, in some material or physical form, may be present in our solar system.

The idea that an ET civilization could be close enough to physically journey to Earth has its roots in ancient history with the Babylonian and Sumerian writings. Since then science has surpassed myth and superstition, and our knowledge of the universe, space travel and the prospects of discovering extraterrestrial civilizations has vastly improved.

In more recent times the search for other intelligences in the solar system can be traced to Lowell and his belief that canals on Mars were built by its industrious inhabitants. Other people of that era considered signaling to possible ET in the solar system. In these cases it was believed the ET were native to our solar system and living on some planet like Mars or Venus.

Given our present knowledge of solar system habitats, we are quite certain there are no intelligent ET now living on any of the non-terrestrial planets or moons in our solar system.

The environments are extreme in one respect or another which limits the complexity of life as we know it. Simple microbial life may exist in some remote crevice of the solar system but that is for the astrobiologists to discover.

Any ET intelligence that may be present in the solar system is expected to have originated from somewhere out in deep interstellar space.

We have enjoyed remarkable success exploring interplanetary space and planetary environments with robotic spacecraft and rovers. Likewise, a highly advanced ET civilization, if one exists, may be exploring the nearby cosmos with artificially intelligent robotic probes - a gradual program of exploration covering long timescales and interstellar distances. Just such a highly advanced robotic probe may now, by chance, be exploring our solar system.

It was hypothesized in the early 1960's that objects could be parked, suspended or trapped in either the L4 or L5 Earth-Sun Lagrange points [locations in space where gravitational forces and the orbital motion of a body balance each other].

Between 1961 and 1982 at least eight groups of researchers made observations of these regions using optical telescopes and low frequency pulsed radar. Two of these groups attempted to search specifically for robotic probe artifacts, functioning or not, in these regions. Nothing was found, but those efforts were a defining moment in the scientific search for ETI in the solar system. Other targets in the solar system, like the moon and Mars, are also considered candidates to search for ET artifacts.

"So far government-funded investigations of the planets have not included a search for signatures of ETI. However, there are ways to search indirectly for ET technology in the solar system using radio telescopes, like the Allen Telescope Array now being constructed at Hat Creek, California.

Using radio telescope arrays to find evidence ETI in the solar system is the thrust of contemporary Solar System SETI efforts.

www.rednova.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
i only beleive that beings with similar inteligence to us would send radio type signals in space , as with beeing more developed than us and travelling space would not want lower life to listen to even know there signals where being transmitted ,but sending and recieving signals is thousands of yrs distance for them to travel plus its like shooting into a ever growing mass of space with targets growing further apart so 1 minute ur on target then 20,000yrs later ur off target

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hmm, senshido what you described is sort of along the lines of the bits and peices of information I'd collected from a few websites. They basically claimed that "we" have collected beacons from space transmmitting some sort of message and pretty much anyone who has tried to tamper with them (ie: pull them apart) has died of some sort of radiation poisoning... maybe the site I read this off was just a rip off of the book you mentioned, as I also remember mentions of remote viewers seeing these things as well as the famous moon base that no ones ever seen

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
We will never reach other star systems without an "improbability drive" in our spaceships. So long and thanks for all the fish!

top topics

join