It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are The Most Obvious Nazi Connections Ignored?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

so you couldn't disprove anything, But hey if america have these links then it's perfectly accetable for islamic groups to idoloize Hitler right. you admitted to knowing of the links between iran and germany and stated the OP made an interesting point, yet you are unable to discuss it. Why post in a thread about a subject you refuse to speak about.

See the topic of the thread, is it possible for you to stick to it, not even for one post. come on pretty please.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Thetawave because: .

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's quite ironic that the OP has a picture of a crusader as his display pic.

So, I'm confused. You want us to stop making connections between the USA and Nazism and instead deflect our attention towards Iran (nominated for Best Boogeyman of the Year Award).

Are you flat out denying the American links with Nazism? Believe me there's a lot of stuff on that.

I'm not saying that Iran wasn't sympathetic towards Nazi Germany, but I feel you're stretching it. The way you presented your argument is as if Iran was a powerful country at the time and some key and vital ally of Germany. They were pretty much neither. Nazi Germany's tentacles stretched to many other places too.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Incidentally I've read a lot of literature on the Second World War and Germany's relations with the Middle East generally only get brief mention.

The USA's links usually never get mentioned at all. I do have one book called Nazi Hydra in America, however I couldn't take it seriously when two of the sources used in this author's research were wikipedia and brainyquote.com

I liked the little mention earlier of Saddam Hussein's uncle's involvement in the Iraq uprising.

On a side note I believe it was Aung San Suu Kyi's father who openly supported and even aided the Japanese during the war.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
-
edit on 15-2-2012 by dadgad because: what a disaster

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thetawave
reply to post by dadgad

so you couldn't disprove anything, But hey if america have these links then it's perfectly accetable for islamic groups to idoloize Hitler right. you admitted to knowing of the links between iran and germany and stated the OP made an interesting point, yet you are unable to discuss it. Why post in a thread about a subject you refuse to speak about.

See the topic of the thread, is it possible for you to stick to it, not even for one post. come on pretty please.

Again the bipolar view. Let me repeat, disproving anything isn't my interest here. Only highlighting another side.

I am also a little surprised that even after two edits you have not been able type down a decent well written comment.

Iran (contrary to your claim) as a nation today does not idolize Hitler. That is a bogus assumption. The only thing the OP has demonstrated are historic ties to Nazi Germany and certain "symbolic connections". There is a difference there. If you don't understand that, your problem.
If Iran were a neo-nazi regime there would be no Jews living in Iran today. But there are many Jews living in Iran today and they are even happy there. Israel invited them back, but they voluntarily refused.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

It's quite ironic that the OP has a picture of a crusader as his display pic.

Symbolism…here you go drawing conclusions again. I’ve had a dozen different avatars and people have drawn conclusions about them all. I just LIKE THE PICTURE...IT HAS NO MEANING TO ME!! Stop it!!

I do fine speaking for myself. I don't need an Avatar to make my points.

So, I'm confused. You want us to stop making connections between the USA and Nazism and instead deflect our attention towards Iran (nominated for Best Boogeyman of the Year Award).

Are you flat out denying the American links with Nazism? Believe me there's a lot of stuff on that.

Again, the point of the OP was to show the hypocrisy of people creating threads bashing US troops for using symbols once used by Nazis while others (Iran) have more serious ties to Nazis, even renaming Persia to Iran (Aryan).

Are there Nazi connections to the US? Sure…operation paperclip and banker ties with the Nazi regime. What do these connections have to do with demonizing a few Marine Scout Snipers for an SS rune flag?? All of the connections you elude to happened long before these young Marines were born!

edit on 15-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

All of the connections you elude to happened long before these young Marines were born!

And all the connections you elude to happened long before the current regime in Iran was in power or any of the members of the Iranian armed forces were born.

So basically your arguments can be used both ways.

Both Iran and the United States had tentative or limited connections to the Nazis neither of which were important in the long run.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Can anyone explain the significance of the way one salutes from the head verses from the chest? Why does it matter the formation I stand or march in? Maybe it's more visually appealing to do it that way? I was not in the US(or Iran and Nazi) military, I don't know.

Is it that Nazis did that in their military alone or does it have some other meaning? Nevermind, I don't care because none of this will solve anything. Heil Hitler! I mean...Yes we can! (JK JK)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by seabag

Israel’s enemies are US enemies.

Your wrong here Israel's enemies are Israel's enemies. Israel isn't worth one American life much less going to war over.

edit on 15-2-2012 by something wicked because: Withdrawing my comment as dealing with racist childish people is just a waste of time.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The only reason they love the Nazi way is because they have one very big thing in common, their hatred of the Jews. Iran has no love for Israel

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by N0v1K
hes not only a denier but also a holocaust supporter, ironic....oh wait.
Lets try to be mature here. This isn't a rant thread, or fox news. We have hire standards here on ATS...

Peace..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

reply to post by seabag 

So basically your arguments can be used both ways. 

Both Iran and the United States had tentative or limited connections to the Nazis neither of which were important in the long run.

Ladies and gentlemen - We have a winner!!!!!!

So the issue is dead...for now. But every time I see a thread calling US military members Nazis I will rehash this thread and add new info. 

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You have no idea how signifigant what you stumbled on is. Truly.

Its going to all play out just like the Bible says.

If you look into Jainism you can see how the world will move towards this.

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hey I supported the US troops in that thread. I said by all means they have every right to use the SS symbol. The NAZIs doi not get to hold a monopoly on symbols that have existed for centuries or millenia. It is everyone right to freely use these symbols for whatever purpose they wish and not have any negative meaning to it. I have a swastika tattod on my back, and I feel great when I get to educate people who question me when they see it.

Can you believe even the dumb police apparantley many times do not realize that the swastika existed before NAZI's as they have accused me several times of being some skinhead freak.

US troops get a free pass by me as well as Iran.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think the biggest thing is that America has been trained to hate nazi's. The fact that american troops would embrace this symbolism after their "hatred" towards the nazi's seems unpatriotic and people dont like the idea of their military embracing those symbols.

Iran on the other hand might not be as well educated on the holocaust.The people of their nation may find it more acceptable to use symbols like this given their lengthy history in the development of the world(Last 10,000 years not 100). The Swastika was first used by the Sumerian as their symbol for the sun. The SS symbol is also two symbols of the sun. They are known as a sig rune.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What many of the people replying here clearly are stepping over is the Nazi salute that these terrorist groups still use. How do you explain that? Just a trendy way of doing things? Also the swastika is an ancient symbol but after it was used by Hitler in WWII it took on a new meaning, so these groups using the salute plus the swastika is clearly in homage to Hitler.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Thetawave

Hahahaha I forgot about the whole holocaust denial thing, very good point.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Simply put, there are agendas at play. You can tell as much usually from the OP.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droidinvoid
The swastika is an ancient symbol that has been used for over 3,000 years. (That even predates the ancient Egyptian symbol, the Ankh!) Artifacts such as pottery and coins from ancient Troy show that the swastika was a commonly used symbol as far back as 1000 BCE.

During the following thousand years, the image of the swastika was used by many cultures around the world, including in China, Japan, India, and southern Europe. By the Middle Ages, the swastika was a well known, if not commonly used, symbol but was called by many different names:

* China - wan
* England - fylfot
* Germany - Hakenkreuz
* Greece - tetraskelion and gammadion
* India - swastika

Though it is not known for exactly how long, Native Americans also have long used the symbol of the swastika.

history1900s.about.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

I think you should have spent more time researching your post , you have only scratched the surface to make your shallow point regarding Iran, you will see elements of what you would call nazi traits all the way back to the romans and beyond , the eagle that Hitler used on insignia .............Roman. I know what you are trying to point out regarding the USA and Iran , but a more researched post would have given your views more gravitas.

Are you seriously arguing the fact that muslim Bosnian SS troops had the emblem displayed in the OP??!?

I think everybody is aware that the swastika has other roots and meaning than the nazis, however, the freaking Bosnian muslim soldiers of the Schutzstaffel DID wear it as THE nazi symbol. Stop splitting hairs.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You do realize that the swastika was a hindu symbol denoting power, eh. It has been around thousands of years longer than the nazis have. Fail. Nice try though.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join