It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima at Increased Earthquake Risk, Scientists Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Fukushima at Increased Earthquake Risk, Scientists Report

www.sciencedaily.com

Seismic risk at the Fukushima nuclear plant increased after the magnitude 9 earthquake that hit Japan last March, scientists report. The new study, which uses data from over 6,000 earthquakes, shows the 11 March tremor caused a seismic fault close to the nuclear plant to reactivate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
bad news!

this freaking nightmare is far, far from over.

yet i haven´t heard a single newsstory in the MSM for weeks.

i live in the Netherlands maybe it´s different for some of you.

this disaster already has and will continue to have huge implications.

there´s a new report out saying the already damaged facility is at increased risk of new quakes.

a seismic fault line has been re-activated by a tremor in March.

scary article.

so what do you think?

reactors that are once again overheating.

increased risk of an earthquake.

radioactive water dumped in the ocean.

cesium and the rest of the radioactive madness in our atmosphere.

seals with radiation poisining.

where will this stop?

i'm scared guys...

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

ETA:

While the scientists can't predict when an earthquake in Fukushima Daiichi will occur, they state that the ascending fluids observed in the area indicate that such an event is likely to occur in the near future. They warn that more attention should be paid to the site's ability to withstand strong earthquakes, and reduce the risk of another nuclear disaster.

snippet from the article.

boy o boy, when will i wake up and realise this is just a really really bad dream.
edit on 14-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Magnitude 6.0 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

earthquake.usgs.gov...

scary times to live in japan!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Equ1nox

oh boy

great find though.

well not only Japan.

the whole world are and will continue to feel the aftermath of this disaster, for generations to come.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equ1nox
Magnitude 6.0 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

earthquake.usgs.gov...

scary times to live in japan!

If only the spewing radiation could be contained to Japan.

(no, I do not wish anything bad for Japan, just pointing out that it's the whole world that is being affected, not a single country.)
edit on 2/14/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: clarifying that I do not hate Japan

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

If only the spewing radiation could be contained to Japan.

if only the spewing radiotion could be contained.

(should've stopped right there
)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
i totally get the worldwide potential disaster and it's incredibly sad, i just meant that no one could pay me any amount of money to go anywhere near japan, and i certainly wouldn't like to be living there. I'm not an earthquake guy but looking at this pic

earthquake.usgs.gov...

if those are the fault lines then Japan and especially Tokyo look to be crazy places to live, that 6.0 was only 100miles from it and with the state of Fukushima still deadly critical, another big earthquake is just .... WOW

you can see from that pic that there was a 4.7 on Saturday just 22 miles away from Tokyo!
earthquake.usgs.gov... and it's inland, that would scare the **** out of me
edit on 14-2-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The certainty of having to deal with the aftermath of another large quake in the future, regardless of when it comes
should be the focus here.....
The seismic activity of the area, and its proclivity for strong earth tremors is historical....
The crux of the matter is simply thsi....
The disaster is too large for any one country or people to deal with.....
What needs to happen is this........
Firstly, the whole management of the scene needs to be totally transparent to foriegn nuclear expertise, and the world public!
Whatever the truth may be it is needful we hear the whole facts. and the range of prognoses from independnt
experts.
Blame is secondary to the situation at this point, and the TEPCO mangement must step aside and open the books now.
After due study and consideration, while the current attempts to control the situation are ongoing, a final solution needs to be worked out.....
This solution should become the national priority of every nation till it is completed.
Japan is hiding the true depth of its incompetance to save face.....
The further dangers that may lurk ahead in time, require that nuclear power be abandoned as far as new construction is concerned, and phased out everywhere feasable till a new method of exploiting it that is safe and clean is found...period It is clear existing facilities must be re engineered in light of current data...and brought up to safe condition as possible till phased out.
There is NO possible other way......

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Fukushima alone will insure countless birth defects, deaths, illnesses and cancers.

And Fukushima is not the only nuclear power plant having severe problems right now. Nor is even Fukushima anywhere near finished yet.

Humanity is doomed. We should never have played around with such devices. We should have taken the hint when we had no way of disposing of nuclear waste.

Profit outweighs common sense though, and those who came up with this garbage grew fat and rich off their creations, and will have died long before the true suffering begins.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FightHard

the finger pointing is the worst.

it´s your mess you pay for the cleanup.

no it´s yours the money is coming out of your pocket.

meanwhile earth is getting bombarded with toxic particles.

new topics

top topics

join