It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old told to eat 3 chicken nuggets

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScaryWorld
humans = herbivorous
be what you are.

Last time I've checked humans had canines and were omnivorous.

Be what you are.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
i wouldnt be happy until i had their kids up to their ears in nuggets, candy, and o starbucks energy drinks for a week

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

humans = herbivorous
be what you are.

what the ? i find this as insulting as force feeding a child chicken nuggets

I guess im not human then, because if tried to be a Herbivore i would die.... Unfortunately my digestive system lacks the capacity to digest rabbit food

i was born to eat meat and savor the deliciousness of dead animals because they are wonderful and delicious...

If god didn't want us to eat animals then you tell me why the hell are they made with meat...>?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by N3v3rmor3

i hope you die of mad cow disease or at least coronary heart complications

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
50 yards away: Statute law that states all the food guidelines that need to be enforced

Where I'm standing: At a shooting range with a sniper rifle.

The results: empty clip, document full of holes.

Watch out, we've got a badass over here

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
Police State....

Enough said.

/this

This is what we should be focusing on here, not the nutritious value of nuggets.
The fact that some other adult circumvented the authority, values, decision of the parents.

The STATE wants to raise our kids. They want to take this right away from parents.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

humans = herbivorous
be what you are.

My forward facing eyes, multi-use (all purpose) set of teeth & omnivorous digestive system would tend to disagree. (yes I know some herbivores have forward facing, binocular, eyes &/or canine/in-scissor teeth...but having the combination of the teeth, eyes AND digestive system? Haven't heard of that animal.)

Back on topic: I saw this story on the television yesterday...apparently the school apologized to the mother after being made aware that what was in the kid's lunch met all the nutritional requirements for a school lunch.
edit on 15-2-2012 by musicjunkie because: wanted to put more stuff

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

here's what i see
turkey- lean, lowfat protein
cheese-- good source of calcium
bread-- source of vitamins
banana-- good source of potassium
apple juice-- good source of vitamins
chips-- empty calories, but for pete's sake they're kids

to make it more healthy, i'd switch the chip to baked pita chips. very easy and inexpensive to make at home.
as for the juice, i'd make sure it was 100% juice or as close to that as possible.

compared to these items, the nuggest are the least healthy choice.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This makes me sick. What are they trying to do? Get the kid hooked on McDonald's? Get them off the healthy stuff and addicted to the shi*. Kids are so impressionable. Hey, take advantage right? F them. WTF. Is this all getting just a little out of hand? Uh... yeah.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has an "agent" who inspects all lunch boxes in some (or all?) elementary schools?

No doubt the agent found that child's bag lunch much more appetizing that what was on the school's cafeteria menu.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I think the meal is not balanced well, basically there is not enough protein in it and it's too high in carbs.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I for one have no idea why these kinds of topics are clogging up ATS recently...

So one person at some school is a weird stickler for kids eating chicken nuggets. That's not a police state,simply poor judgement/reasoning on one dbag's part.

If this was implemented nation-wide I could see the outcry,but frankly topics like this and the dad shooting his kid's laptop don't belong anywhere near ATS in my opinion. They belong on on some sort of parental blog.

Not on a conspiracy site.

HLF

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

My very first thought is "what's in those nuggets that make them so damn important?"
I'd pull my kid from school and homeschool!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread
I think the meal is not balanced well, basically there is not enough protein in it and it's too high in carbs.

How can you say that? Turkey is protein. Cheese has protein. The article doesn't say how much of each food group was in the kid's lunch box.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
So some lame blog is a reliable source of info here now?

I could write the same thing,doesn't make it true.And i'm not surprised that a blog where the author is named 'ladyliberty1885" is the author.Gimmie a break.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
when she goes to a doctor with health concerns, they immediately want to prescribe anti-depressants, and check her eating habits. She has to educate them each and every time that she isn't depressed, she eats healthy, on a gluten-free diet, and her sore hip, or flu, or whatever is ailing her at the time is not depression and not bulimia. It drives her insane! They want to fix sore muscles and flu symptoms with Xanax and Percocet instead of something useful.

Man ... I hear ya'. What I went through 2 years ago getting diagnosed with Sjogrens was a freak'n nightmare. I swear doctors are absolute idiots. They are arrogant and they simply don't know what the hell they are doing. And they are soooo quick with those anti-depressants .. not even bothering to check to see the drug reactions they have with other drugs. I went through 12 doctors until I got properly diagnosed. And before the proper diagnosis I got stuck on all sorts of meds and had bad reactions .. all for things I DID NOT HAVE!

I hate doctors. The only smart doctor I have is my GYN and she only 'specializes' in certain areas. The rest are freak'n morons. (and yes, I've shopped around)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

humans = herbivorous
be what you are.

No, we are omnivores.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
What i can say ...omg i am totaly shoked with this!!
What scares me more is..why or how ppl on the school or parents in general, can tolerate this kinds of behaviours at all!
That agent was kicked in the butt as fast as she tryed to make that in a Portuguese school!!
And must run for her life...lol
People, please ,gather against this type of actions in your country!
It's so wrong for many reasons...but at the least because is a act of TERRORISM against FREEDOM!
Stop it now guys!!!

edit on 15/2/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
i believe i would make my second trip after talking to principal would be local tv station. this wasn't about nutrician this was about money if school let kid eat lunchbox food they couldn't charge government for kids meal. at schools its not about how well kids are educated ts how much money they can get from state and feds..

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I can see that they want to make sure kids are eating healthy when they get school supplied lunch but tell them they cant eat the lunch their parents serve them.. How is that lunch given to her from her mom not nutritious enough..?!?!? Your thoughts anyone?

My thought.. just like virtually everything else, look for the lust of money. School can't make money from that child for lunch if mommy is sending food from home to school with the child.

edit on 15-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join