It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old told to eat 3 chicken nuggets

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I was never forced to eat anything at school, and my kids take what they want, only in grade one do they limit snacks and I would never allow them to tell them what to eat.. What I don't understand is why everyone is taking it in the US? Its not like that here. Even the free meals provided are sandwhiches alot like that and soup and muffins. Juice or milk. They had pancakes in the morning too.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
Isnt this sort of illegal? Isnt there a law about talking with minors without parents consent? Wouldnt they have to call the parents before informing a 4 yo that their lunch isnt healthy enough? I mean, I assume the person forcing nuggets on the child is some sort of authority..

In our local schools, the county idiots voted that children would NOT be able to bring lunches home from school, and that they would all be required to eat the lunch provided for them. Talk about control. I would never submit to that. They came up with a ton of reasons why children should not bring lunch from home. I'm just amazed by some of these crazy helicopter parents who think letting their child walk a block to school could end in some fatal disaster. I won't participate in the insanity. The public schools of today, are nothing like they were when I was growing up. I consider my education back then to be far superior to what children are getting now.

They are truly dumb-ing down these children, suffocating them, and treating them as if they are fragile cargo that must be protected from every single thing. Kids cannot even be kids anymore.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
That principal. Is going to get a peace of my min first thing in the morning.... I will record it for my fellow ats members!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

This is one of the scariest articles I've read. Nearly as scary as the assault on Religion.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I would not allow anyone to vote on what my kids eat. That is not democracy. Even a majority cannot limit the soveriegn rights of a minority. If a majority want to harm themselves and live with reduced rights, they cannot constitutionally take any of my rights. I can stick out my tongue at them and tell them to grow up. Dont ever stand for it.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

read it in a blog ? must be true

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I don't know, all those threads about unarmed people being shot and killed by police, some with children, are a little alarming. This is just the next step.

And where are the crowds saying NO. Not OWS. Just go to their offices and set them straight. Repeatedly, with larger crowds if needed and make huge articles in the paper. Communities have to work to educate the community and create really loud public voices.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The banana is good, the potato chips and apple juice are not the greatest. The turkey meat is deli(loaded with sodium and preservatives), white bread and cheese, is not the best for you. If it was roasted sliced turkey and wheat bread than that is a way better choice and would taste way better too.

What kids eat these days and what almost every single american eats is only hurting themselves. I don't eat perfectly, but pretty darn good and take that extra step to avoid foods that are bad and everyone should be educated on the topic. That's what everyone should be taught.

Its ironic. While its illegal to take steroids such as testosterone to better your well being, eating junk and fast food everyday for the rest of your life is not regulated. I know people that eat it everyday and tell them, they just don't listen.

Sodium is the silent killer that everyone should take caution of and track how much you do consume. For example, that Turkey Sandwich alone.

Broken down. 2 Slices of white, 1 slice of American, and 4 oz of Deli Turkey

Cals 340
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 55 mg
Sodium 1427 mg
Carbs 33 g
Fiber 2 g
Protein 24 g
Sugars 3 g

Just that turkey sandwich alone, is 1400/2400mg of sodium of the recommended daily value.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
what makes these people think they know what heathy,i would ask to see there degree in health an nutrition,and then i would tell them where the f they can go.and as far as american cheese its not real cheese,im from wisconsin i know cheese i worked in cheese factories,and if turkey sandwitches are not goold for you time to cancel thanksgiving.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I think it would be ok if a kid constantly had horrible lunch's, lets say always reheated fries and coke, then something could be done...at least teacher should have the right to address to parent about it.

That lunch was decent enough, much better than chicken nuggets!

They're shouldn't be inscribed laws for situations like that, Michelle Obama is out of her mind if she thinks people will like excessive control like that. She might think it's for the greater good, but this is past common sense and she's too far gone to see it.

This is too extreme left even for the likes of me.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Principal at the school:

whes.hcs.k12.nc.us...

Jani Kozlowski linkedin profil:
link edin
edit on 15/2/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

Write her and tell her what you think:
[email protected]
edit on 15/2/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
How ridiculous.

The government is too big.

We need to reign in their power.

They have too much say, they have too many programs, they reach too far. We need to get rid of some of these ridiculous programs , cut them, save the money, use it for something else.

Just yet another example of the ridiculousness that big brother imposes on us.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
Just that turkey sandwich alone, is 1400/2400mg of sodium of the recommended daily value.

But processed meat as been in generations of lunches now! It's not because sodium nitrite is about the worst cancerous additive that we shouldn't eat it everyday for lunch?

I stopped eating cold cuts, well at least buying it. I still eat because a lot of people like it on pizza but if I can choose I take without or with chicken, beef.

Even so, eat better is a great ideology but forcing it on children and blaming parents is not the first step to greatness.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
Just yet another example of the ridiculousness that big brother imposes on us.

If only the same people that deals with mosanto, corrupt pharmaceutical companies, chemtrails, nonrenewable energy and endless wars would stop, maybe they could "try" to shove it up our mouths and say that the people should eat better

Now, it's just hypocrite, misplaced and way over their heads.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
The public schools of today, are nothing like they were when I was growing up. I consider my education back then to be far superior to what children are getting now.

If I was living in the USA, I would strongly consider home schooling.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I love the hypocrisy of this article.

We send out kids to be educated

So that doesn't include education about nutrition?

Many private schools are also rigid about what the parents send for lunch. While many lunches are healthy, I don't get what is wrong with a turkey and cheese and a banana. Just take away the chips.

Sounds like an overzealous inspector.

And before everyone hops on the bandwagon and grabs their pitchforks, this is one incident at one school out of 40k.

Yes. That includes education about nutrition. It DOESN'T mean FORCING a child to eat comething that the parents themselves didn't pack for them.

There's a big difference between telling a child what is healthy and forcing it into their system where, as another poster pointed out, they could be allergic to the ingredienats. I highly doubt that the people who did this looked at the childs medical questionaire that the parent had to fill out when the child was enrolled.

And you can downplay it by saying it was only one child from one school out of 40k, but if one child gets sick and dies because of something like THIS, it's one child too many.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
50 yards away: Statute law that states all the food guidelines that need to be enforced

Where I'm standing: At a shooting range with a sniper rifle.

The results: empty clip, document full of holes.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Am I the only one who got hungry for a 6 9 or 12 piece of McNuggets?

Luckily I havent eaten anything McD's in about a year or more... too much flouridated foods

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

I agree, forcing it on children and blaming parents are not the answer. I think educating the parents will have a trickle down effect with the children. I was lucky enough to educate myself young before it was to late and developed bad habits later on in life.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Trust me I'm 19 it got bad, liken eating stale cardboard with burnt fake cheese, and black specks in a red film.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join