It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old told to eat 3 chicken nuggets

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScaryWorld
humans = herbivorous
be what you are.

my family laughs at me when i tell them that...i don't tell them anymore

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Bow to this stuff and you will never have a straight spine again as long as you live.
Absolutely one of the most strangest things I have ever read here with a proving link to back it up.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 14-2-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If this was my child, I'd find the guy and be in jail 20 minutes later.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ScaryWorld

We're omnivores my friend. Check out the canines at the front of your mouth...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

They laugh for good reason.

We are omnivores. Our bodies have teeth that allow us to tear meat, to chew meat, and our bodies are equipped to digest meat. If not for meat and the protein we get from it we would not be who we are today.

We are meant to eat a mix of both plant material and meats.

Of course you can eat only plant material, but you have to supplement through other means what you do not get by not eating meats.

Raist

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
That sandwich obviously didn't meet the RDA for GMO.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

This is why it is important to learn before dictating whose lifestyles we agree with. The question is who will be in the cross hairs next? Actually you are demonstrating a major problem in the thought processes that go into universal health care.

It’s not weight gain which causes diabetes. It’s diabetes which causes weight gain. The majority of people with type 2 diabetes (there is no such thing as Type II diabetes) have an excess of insulin in their blood, which causes the body to lay down white adipose tissue. (There are two types of fat, white and brown, and it’s the white fat that is associated with health problems.)

Source: newslanc.com...

I have long suspected as much and good to see people catching on.

Bull, it's insulin that causes the weight gain. Continued insulin response causes one to store more fat. Diabetics use insulin (and still eat starchy crap for the most part), before that they ate a diet which promoted insulin resistance. The link between insulin resistance and Obesity is clear.
www.sciencedirect.com...
Diets which lead to Obesity promote inflammation. Obesity itself promotes inflammation and continued buildup of resistance to insulin causes...drumroll please...Diabetes! While there are thin people who will get Type 2 Diabetes the vast majority of people who will are overweight or obese.

And next time cite and actual medical study not a letter to the editor.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Just take away the chips.

There is nothing wrong with chips.
You are allowed chips in moderation.
Depending on the brand they can be a healthy way to provide much needed carbohydrates for the child.
You can't force a child to eat 100% healthy carbs they won't like the taste.
So you pick out the best source of carbs you know your kid will eat.

Not to mention it isn't the governments right to take anything out of a child's lunch.
If the parents are sending the kid to school with horrible food in such a way that concern should be raised contact child services.
A jack booted government thug has no right to take away their meal based on one spot inspection especially one that is as healthy as this was.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
Isnt a turkey sandwhich beter for you than chicken nuggets? I mean.. Nuggets are nasty.. You ever see the documentary on how they are made? In short, they squeez a chicken through a screen, soak it in ammonia, then soak it in chicken broth, and mold. Yum!

Depends on the ingredients and how its prepared.

What kind of bread was used. Was it real turkey or imitation bologna turkey. What it real cheese or artificial American cheese - - which is oil.

There are chicken nuggets made with real chicken pieces.

I read every single label of every food I buy. If you check iodized salt it has Dextrose in it. That's sugar. Why is sugar added to salt?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
LOook, a lunch could fit in a paper cup and still contain more than enough good stuff for sustenance....
Seven whole almonds yes seven will provide your total protien needs for a day.....
The kid could have been packing more than enough sustenance for two kids.....depending on how big the sandwich was......
I have to agree with an above poster with the cool avatar....
Food is far too plentiful at meal times and in between too!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

This si coming from the same orginization that counts french fries and ketchup as vegetable servings

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Why havent you seen the sky in over a year? Is that a quote, or are you from some bubble boy type of lineage?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
On second thoughts, if one counts the calories, 3 chicken nuggets are probably a lot less than the banana and the juice alone (and most commercial fruit-juice has a sugar content that is as high, or higher than colas).

The packed lunch may have been excessive.

Nevertheless, I'd say then withhold the chips, or something else.

It's still unforgivable because the packed lunch was nutritious (with many sources of vitamins, fiber and so forth), while chicken nuggets don't really contain any nutrition (whether baked or fried), except for some protein and carbs.
edit on 14-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
None of this food is healthy. The food she had wasn't health, the food they recommended sure wasn't.

If anything it's ALL disinfo, and no one has a clue about diet and nutrition.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
They aren't allowed to look into bags, lunchboxes or other private property. Just as store security can not force you to open you bags for inspection. Sue the person involved.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Just take away the chips.

There is nothing wrong with chips.
You are allowed chips in moderation.

Depends on the oil they are cooked in. Cook them in the wrong oil and you have acrylamide and transfats, which can simutaneously lead to cancer and heart disease.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

ya you are right about 60% they just teach your children at school how to be fat and unhealthy. see how far these people go. people like you or me have jobs and these jobs are to enforce 'em politics and decision and the kid is thought that parents are too blame lol

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Spam is probably more nutritious than chicken nuggets...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

And before everyone hops on the bandwagon and grabs their pitchforks, this is one incident at one school out of 40k.
reply to post by nixie_nox

That was reported or we actually heard about. many people complain but don't bother reporting it to the media etc. so we never hear about it untill somebody decides to take it as high and far as possible.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Just curious then, what would you pack as lunch for a child that age?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join