It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old told to eat 3 chicken nuggets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I just watched this on Fox news now.

Mother got an apology.
Didn't have to pay for the lunch, and the teacher that did it was out of line.
Everything fit into the guide lines that she had packed for her daughter.

Sounds to me like the person that inspected her lunch was having a bad day or something.
I don't think this reflects a bigger problem in schools, yet.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

In a perfect world, nothing would need to be enforced! Unfortunately, we do not live in a perfect world.

Laws are not perfect.

Schools are not perfect.

Parents are not perfect.

Teachers are not perfect.

I am not perfect, though I DO reckon you are.

As I said before: This is "much ado about nothing"!

See ya,
Milt

I haven't once stated I'm perfect, I'm actually far from it.

Just because I don't agree with AGENTS checking on what we feed OUR kids doesn't make me any better than anyone. I am however confused about how there are people who agree with policing on what parents feed their children. Come on....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Much ado about nothing?

How about the state usurping parental control over what a minor child ingests? How DARE anyone tell a child that what their parent provides for them is "insufficient or wrong."

Nanny state? But worse...if you read the article, they CHARGED the mom for the chicken nuggets! Why? Because schools ARE ENCOURAGED to sign up as many children as possible for free, reduced and otherwise subsidized food service in schools. Anyone DARING to feed their own child their own provided food threatens the Federal largesse for the District. And in turn threatens union sanctity as most non teachers union school district employees are SEIU food service workers. Clever how it all ties together so nicely.

So obviously, to make big government happy...shut up, and eat the nuggets.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Glinda because: Typos

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I have already proved you wrong twice now so you have been schooled. But you just keep trying your little heart out.

Pathetic way to bow out though before admitting that you could be wrong. You don't know the school processes, if the article is even remotely true.

And if you read my previous statement, there are schools where parents have to sign agreements that they will pack lunches by their standards or the lunches come home and then the parents have to pay for a school provided lunch.

And the battle against obesity has to start somewhere and it is obvious that a lot of parents need to be educated as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Considering the quality of the source, who knows if either is true.

I went back and read the article again..it doesn't specify. It doesn't really provide a source for the information either.

I noticed at the end of the article, the author states that a call was made to the principal but, no comment was given. Although, the author did post the phone number to the school.

Unless there is a local paper with this story running...I'm wondering where this blogger found this information. Perhaps some more digging is required???
Well...I just read another poster mentioning this on ms news so, I suppose the story is true.

It's still just so bizarre to me.
edit on 14-2-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I have already proved you wrong twice now so you have been schooled. But you just keep trying your little heart out.

Pathetic way to bow out though before admitting that you could be wrong. You don't know the school processes, if the article is even remotely true.

And if you read my previous statement, there are schools where parents have to sign agreements that they will pack lunches by their standards or the lunches come home and then the parents have to pay for a school provided lunch.

And the battle against obesity has to start somewhere and it is obvious that a lot of parents need to be educated as well.

you think you proved me wrong though....... are you serious?? Do you know what "prove" means?

dear God just kill me now.....
edit on 14-2-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thank your for a glimmer of sanity.

As I said, one agent was out of line.

link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I just watched this on Fox news now.

Mother got an apology.
Didn't have to pay for the lunch, and the teacher that did it was out of line.
Everything fit into the guide lines that she had packed for her daughter.

Sounds to me like the person that inspected her lunch was having a bad day or something.
I don't think this reflects a bigger problem in schools, yet.

I kinda figured thats what happened. But still I understand why they are doing it.. I mean obviouslt there are kids that are sent with horrible or no food. but still..

link   
Surely if the USDA are allowing pink goo, meat usually sent away for animal feed, but treating it with ammonia makes it fit for human consumption. The USDA allows this type of meat while also emitting ammonia from the ingredients. That sounds like criminality.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Keep trying! Your not getting any warmer though. I have yet to see a statement of any substance out of you yet. Maybe someone should of monitored your food intake.

You keep trying to throw those little arrows of disbelief and pretend your hitting something.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Alright, so when do they start inspecting the underwear you put on your kids?

How about those toe nail inspections!??! wouldn't want your kids having long toe nails!!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Surely if the USDA are allowing pink goo, meat usually sent away for animal feed, but treating it with ammonia makes it fit for human consumption. The USDA allows this type of meat while also emitting ammonia from the ingredients. That sounds like criminality.

reply to post by woodwardjnr

The ammonia treatments stopped years ago. You people need to update your information.

And once again your confusing processes.

Your are trying to paint the msm process along with the rendering process, and they are two completely different deals. Though the leftover bones of the msm process *MAY* be sent to the rendering plant.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The ammonia treatments stopped years ago. You people need to update your information.

Your are trying to paint the msm process along with the rendering process, and they are two completely different deals. Though the leftover bones of the msm process *MAY* be sent to the rendering plant.

You talk about substance, and proof, but you've yet to prove statements like this? Please show me one source that says they no longer clean meat with ammonia..

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The "battle against obesity" though superficially noble gives the state an incredible amount of discretionary power over personal choice and liberty. What about sleep requirements?

First they came for the smokers, but I wasn't a smoker...

A free people are entitled to make choices, good, bad or indifferent. Controlling food (look how noble--it's for nutrition) gives the impetus to gain more control of the selections in ALL phases of life--not just the cafeteria line.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Chicken nuggets are junk food any day of the week. It doesn't matter what that mother had put in her child's lunchbox, it wouldn't have been *worse* than chicken nuggets. It may be as bad, but that's it.

I battled all the years my kids were in school to allow my homemade lunches to go with them to school. Not allowed. The school's defence? "This is the best food most kids get in their lives". WELL NOT MINE! I have always cooked from scratch. Nothing packaged in my kitchen. But there was no room for discussion. My kids hated the food at school. If they had liked it, I wouldn't have minded quite so much but they were forced to eat it. My youngest was the first to make it clear to the staff that she would no longer take food because she would not eat it. But that was in 9th grade and it was only recently anyway. My older kids are in their 20s. :/

I recall when I had my firstborn, being in the hospital and thinking the food would kill me for sure. lol One of the other mothers asked why I thought it was so bad because in her opinion it was the best food she'd ever eaten. What can you really say to that? O.O

School food has always been horrible. There's nothing good to say about it anywhere in the world. But forcing it down someone's throat is going too far. That's overstepping authority by a long stretch.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Chicken nuggets are junk food any day of the week. It doesn't matter what that mother had put in her child's lunchbox, it wouldn't have been *worse* than chicken nuggets. It may be as bad, but that's it.

I battled all the years my kids were in school to allow my homemade lunches to go with them to school. Not allowed. The school's defence? "This is the best food most kids get in their lives". WELL NOT MINE! I have always cooked from scratch. Nothing packaged in my kitchen. But there was no room for discussion. My kids hated the food at school. If they had liked it, I wouldn't have minded quite so much but they were forced to eat it. My youngest was the first to make it clear to the staff that she would no longer take food because she would not eat it. But that was in 9th grade and it was only recently anyway. My older kids are in their 20s. :/

I recall when I had my firstborn, being in the hospital and thinking the food would kill me for sure. lol One of the other mothers asked why I thought it was so bad because in her opinion it was the best food she'd ever eaten. What can you really say to that? O.O

School food has always been horrible. There's nothing good to say about it anywhere in the world. But forcing it down someone's throat is going too far. That's overstepping authority by a long stretch.

the worst thing i ever had at school was chicken nuggets tater tots and a twinkie hahahah

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Ammonia has been used for years in food products, especially baking. Not sure how far it goes back but wouldnt be surprised if it was used in ancient times.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-2-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I'm sorry about the inclusion of "though I DO reckon you are".

I don't necessarily disagree with you, government oversight is way out of control. That said, unfortunately some parents DO need "oversight" for many different reasons.

I'm only saying that this particular incident has been blown completely out of proportion.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 14-2-2012 by BenReclused because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Emo nation...here we come.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join