It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old told to eat 3 chicken nuggets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

You have to fill out extensive medical forms when you send your child to school, that is filled out by both pediatricians and the parents. The school is aware of all allergies, diseases and medications. If the agent did not check beforehand, then shame on them.

Hey, genius..

The school administration has the allergies on file. They don't consult before they go out on "lunch enforcements".

And you think that just because the chicken doesn't go through the process of mechanical seperation that it's not prepared in a FACTORY, and pumped full of chemical preservatives!?!?!?! I HOPE you aren't a parent...
edit on 14-2-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

ETA: and did you say THE AGENT????

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by evil316

Now she just eliminates dairy from her diet and she doesnt get sick or have the severe lupus flares. Pretty simple

Yep, amazing how simple the cure can be when they take the time to actually find a root cause instead of treating symptoms and ignoring a patients own instincts and input.

link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

Sounds like the lunch I pack every day... except that on a hot/warm day the turkey can spoil and cause food poisoning if not properly refrigerated. I do PB & J, chips, fruit, and 100% juice and I feel like the eat a decent lunch. Kids usually toss the fruit anyhow,

link   
Did you guys miss the paragraph?:

“With a turkey sandwich, that covers your protein, your grain, and if it had cheese on it, that’s the dairy,” said Jani Kozlowski, the fiscal and statutory policy manager for the division. “It sounds like the lunch itself would’ve met all of the standard.” The lunch has to include a fruit or vegetable, but not both, she said. “

redwhitebluenews.com...

It seems to me that an underling made a mistake! Big freaking deal! LadyLiberty1885, as most of you are, is making "much ado about nothing"!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
After watching Jamie Olivers Food Revolution, I was absolutely shocked to see what kids in America were being fed in their schools. There seemed to be no care whatsoever what the kids ate as long as it fitted in with USDA regulated guidelines.

Pink slime is allowed in any school in the US by the USDA.

Watch the process how they make it.

What are they doing to these kids

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
Did you guys miss the paragraph?:

“With a turkey sandwich, that covers your protein, your grain, and if it had cheese on it, that’s the dairy,” said Jani Kozlowski, the fiscal and statutory policy manager for the division. “It sounds like the lunch itself would’ve met all of the standard.” The lunch has to include a fruit or vegetable, but not both, she said. “

redwhitebluenews.com...

It seems to me that an underling made a mistake! Big freaking deal! LadyLiberty1885, as most of you are, is making "much ado about nothing"!

See ya,
Milt

The problem is that "lunch enforcement" is a role of said "underling" at all. People don't send their children to school to have second parents. They send them there to learn, and come home. The parents send the lunch that they feel comfortable giving their kid, that's it. There should be no mistakes made because they shouldn't be judging what parents feed their kids!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Despite what all the anti fast food people want you to think, the msm isn't the worst process for food. In fact if most people saw how their meat was processed, they wouldn't eat it. But it is easy to criminalize mcdonalds.

No one is saying that it is great for you, but a lot of companies do bow down to public pressure, and no one likes the pink goo. Though it was edible in the first place. People forget that raw chicken is pink.

These companies are starting to feel competition from the likes of Chick fil a who just fry meat chunks, and that is what parents want.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ScaryWorld

humans = herbivorous
be what you are.

Haven't you ever heard of Canine teeth? Do some research or just open your mouth and look in the mirror.

Scientists say one of the major reasons ancient ancestors of humans progressed and became more intelligent was due to a protein diet consisting of meat. The protein caused our brains to grow larger.

Humans = Omnivores

Get a clue

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It just stupid.. honestly.. I can see the point of the school funded lunches but what right does anybody have to inspect a home lunch box and determine what the child can and cannot eat from it. That has to boarder illegal

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Despite what all the anti fast food people want you to think, the msm isn't the worst process for food. In fact if most people saw how their meat was processed, they wouldn't eat it. But it is easy to criminalize mcdonalds.

No one is saying that it is great for you, but a lot of companies do bow down to public pressure, and no one likes the pink goo. Though it was edible in the first place. People forget that raw chicken is pink.

These companies are starting to feel competition from the likes of Chick fil a who just fry meat chunks, and that is what parents want.

The process is death, and the content is WORSE.

McDonalds Nutrition Chart

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

I get my protein from other than meat. There are alternative sources. =)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Ya, it isn't just fast food, it is all processed foods. Frozen meals. Meals in bags. Canned meats. Just about anything that isn't fresh is bad for you, and even the fresh stuff has had antibiotics, and hormones, phospors, and irradiation added to it.

My brother has a loaf of regular old Wonder Bread that is now almost 10 years old, and it is still soft and hasn't molded yet. He is saving it to see how long it will go!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Hey, genius..

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

You have to fill out extensive medical forms when you send your child to school, that is filled out by both pediatricians and the parents. The school is aware of all allergies, diseases and medications. If the agent did not check beforehand, then shame on them.

Hey, genius..

The school administration has the allergies on file. They don't consult before they go out on "lunch enforcements".

And you think that just because the chicken doesn't go through the process of mechanical seperation that it's not prepared in a FACTORY, and pumped full of chemical preservatives!?!?!?! I HOPE you aren't a parent...

ETA: and did you say THE AGENT????

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
They should put Subway's in schools hahahahah...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Really??? You're cool with agents of the state checking on what you feed your kids!??! REALLY?!?

You're wasting my damn time now....

Not to mention, I haven't told you anything about my diet, or my kids diet, so for you to THINK you're schooling me on anything is laughable.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

I think an argument can be made that humans would not have survived if not for eating animals at various point in our history. Crops dont grow, winter sets in for months and what are you going to eat?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

In a perfect world, nothing would need to be enforced! Unfortunately, we do not live in a perfect world.

Laws are not perfect.

Schools are not perfect.

Parents are not perfect.

Teachers are not perfect.

I am not perfect, though I DO reckon you are.

As I said before: This is "much ado about nothing"!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You know, now that I think about it, I miss that old square cheese pizza from school. That stuff was actually pretty good! The nuggets always sucked though.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Ya, it isn't just fast food, it is all processed foods. Frozen meals. Meals in bags. Canned meats. Just about anything that isn't fresh is bad for you, and even the fresh stuff has had antibiotics, and hormones, phospors, and irradiation added to it.

My brother has a loaf of regular old Wonder Bread that is now almost 10 years old, and it is still soft and hasn't molded yet. He is saving it to see how long it will go!

I agree with you but the process of gathering and processing meat for lack of a better term isn't quite the same problem as what they have put into it.

These are two separate issues. Just because something is done on a mass scale doesn't necessarily make it bad.
Sadly, we wouldn't be able to feed the world's population today without gmo, preservatives,processed foods, hormones, pesticides, and the like.
Without these, it wouldn't be sustainable. Is that good news? no. But it is the way things are.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
When my sister and friends would do student exchanges in the US, the freaking meals they would get were INSANE.

The further south you go, the worse it gets. The sheer amount of food people think you should eat is astounding.

The very first meal I was ever served in the US made my jaw fall open.

This probably has more to do with the utterly unhealthy idea of amounts of food to eat on the part of the lunch room staff.
edit on 2012/2/14 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join