It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old told to eat 3 chicken nuggets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Which is why our education system is strangled because every parent wants to sue for teachers and principles not covering their child's nose for them when they sneeze.
edit on 14-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
So basically i dont understand the demonization of chicken nuggets. Couldn't you just use a small piece of chicken and make it into a nugget?

The process of making chicken nuggets demonizes itself.. pumped with chemicals and preservatives, washed with chemicals, dyed, fried, frozen, re-fried, then served??

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Which is why our education system is strangled because every parent wants to sue for teachers and principles not covering their child's nose when they sneeze.

I'm sorry but I think you got that wrong.... "not covering their child's nose when they sneeze" is the exact opposite of what happened here.

I too would sue,.,.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

The MacDonalds process that you see on Super Size Me is not indicative of all chicken making processes.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I would hate to see what would happen over a serious grievance.

link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

sounds like officer lunchbox
has chicken nuggets on the brain
or for a brain.

what if the kid had been allergic? :shk:

link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The "mcdonalds process from super size me" is the same process for the majority of chicken nuggets on the market, including "tyson".. Don't ASSume you know where I'm coming from.
edit on 14-2-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So basically i dont understand the demonization of chicken nuggets. Couldn't you just use a small piece of chicken and make it into a nugget?

You can home-make yummy, healthy, proper chicken nuggets. But what they serve up in schools & McDonald's, and sell frozen in supermarkets is a different, and much more sinister beast.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScaryWorld
reply to post by spoonbender

Ignorance is the only thing stopping you from believing the truth, do research for at least 1 day and you'll be convinced, wish you luck my confused and troll'd brothern.
edit on 14-2-2012 by ScaryWorld because: (no reason given)

I gotta go punch the clock now
under the bridge ..ya know

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So tell me, does the school know in advance if that child was allergic to a component of that chicken? No.... There were more risks on top of the totalitarianism of the action.......

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
Humans = Omnivores

Do what ya gotta

International & then do the Lambata [the forbidden dance
]

I agree.
We are what we are, and we are what we eat.

And here's a clip of that forbidden dance you speak of

Enjoy

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't want to judge the education system in another country (when our own is often struggling so hard to produce anything, and school lunches here have never been a general policy), but this seems like one of the most outrageous things I read lately.

Is this official woman retarded?
You can't have a fruit and a vegetable?
Instead you must eat rubbish?
Does she even know the technical details of dividing true fruits from vegetables, and how the terms overlap?
I suppose the only vegetables were the potatoes in the lunch-box chips.

It reminds me a bit of Jamie Oliver (the Naked Chef) and his attempts to provide healthy school lunches in Britain, and how the kids were revolted when they saw how "nuggets" were actually made.

I think there's politics behind this, and funded efforts by the junk-food industry to control kids.

After they took away her apple juice, I wonder what they forced the poor kid to drink - probably a cola.

Here's the Young Turks, and a clip on chicken nuggets.

edit on 14-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Minus the potatoe chips, and add a granola bar....that's almost exactly what I pack for my kids. I don't understand this at all.

What in the world was this person thinking?

Did the packed lunch actually get thrown out and a school lunch provided instead? Or, did they serve her school food in addition to the packed lunch. I'm going to go back and read again because this just doesn't make sense at all.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Which is why our education system is strangled because every parent wants to sue for teachers and principles not covering their child's nose for them when they sneeze.
edit on 14-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

Not at all.

There is a big difference between wiping a nose and enforcing an ideal that a parent might not share. In fact, it was insulting to the parent I bet. I feel insulted! And it wasn't my kid.

It reminds me of one of several battles I had with the school system growing up. First it was my cursive letter "B" was different from what the school wanted, however,my mom taught me cursive, and her letters were slightly different. I personally (I was in 4th grade) felt humiliated and unjustly treated because it was not the same as what my teacher wanted, however, it was correct. It actually created a lot of tension in school, and everything went downhill from there.

Teachers complain that parents are not doing enough with their children, and I agree, however, when it comes to food, they have NO RIGHT to enforce ANYTHING, unless the child is starving. The school system, social services, and it seems many people in society want us to go back to the 1950's. Where one parent worked and one stayed home. It is not really possible to do these things anymore.
Although that is kind of what I am doing,being an at home parent due to being unemployed.

My point is that the school system wants to have all of this power over the kids, but yet when they do something that is totally wrong, it somehow becomes the parents fault. I have no love for the school system in the US, it processes children like a factory, and often the kids are the ones to suffer.

I still would file a lawsuit.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Wow, your original. Hope you didn't hurt yourself coming up with that.

McDonalds no longer uses the mechanically separated chicken by the way, as many companies no longer do. Tyson uses it a little.

What were you saying about assuming again?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You have to fill out extensive medical forms when you send your child to school, that is filled out by both pediatricians and the parents. The school is aware of all allergies, diseases and medications. If the agent did not check beforehand, then shame on them.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

They may not use "that" mechanically separated chicken, but I'm sure they are replacing it with something equally disgusting.

They have the high-quality chicken bites, and then they have the cheaper quality Mcnuggets. The same with their McChicken vs. their Select Chicken Breast sandwich.

I won't be eating any of their processed nastiness.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The wife has Lupus and severe milk and dairy allergy. She said all through school they made her drink milk and advised her mother to add powdered milk to her milk for a nutritional boost because she vomited food constantly. After a pretty large weight loss and missing a lot of school, they prescribed a nutritional supplement that was milk based ( like our ensure now) . When she became severely ill, she was hospitalized and after a bunch of tests declared it "psychosomatic".

Now she just eliminates dairy from her diet and she doesnt get sick or have the severe lupus flares. Pretty simple.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Considering the quality of the source, who knows if either is true.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toffeeapple

You can home-make yummy, healthy, proper chicken nuggets. But what they serve up in schools & McDonald's, and sell frozen in supermarkets is a different, and much more sinister beast.

Yes, i agree but there is also a lot of propaganda these days. If you are squeamish, or a vegetarian, thats all well and good but they look for ways to justify this.

When i was a kid I saw family members literally eat everything off of a chicken. They ate heads form various animals, tongues, brains, cheese with worms in it.

Here is an interesting article and the video at the end is funny.
www.good.is...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join