It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oliver Stones son Sean Stone converts to Islam via Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I just heard this on Glen Beck... this is kinda nuts but i guess good for him...

this is from yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmceeTrick
I just heard this on Glen Beck... this is kinda nuts but i guess good for him...

this is from yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com...

Why is it nuts?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
He probably converted to Islam for social and political reasons. Seeing as he's doing a documentary in those parts, it would just make good sense. I don't think the "Stones" have shown that they have a particular lean toward any one of the Abrahamic religions.

Oliver and Sean Stone are renown for controversial and scathing peeks inside some of the insidious facets of the human condition. From their movies we learn to both revile and respect other cultural opinions.

I'm looking forward to seeing this documentary.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

I suppose the question remains, would you have considered it "kinda nuts" if he had converted to catholicism from say, agnosticism or atheism or something similar? (I am not "up" on religious and philosophical terminology.) Free in person, papers and personal idealisms, surely?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I should clarify, me using "nuts" wasnt in comment about him converting at all..
I justy mean like its a crazy thing but I totally support it. I wondered too if he did it for the docu. Either way good for him... I have read some of the quran, it alot easier to read than the bibile!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah - its several hundreds of pages of "surrender and do as I say or else" said in myraid of ways.

Having one consistent message repeated over and over certainly helps comprehension.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

not really, it really isnt any different than the bible consistantly talking about jesus and worshiping jesus and god. The Quran has great stories and they are very nice stories actually also the Bible has great stories as well. There are radical christians too..

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

That's because you think that the definitions of the nice words you like to hear mean the same thing in the Quran...and they don't.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hope he read the fine print about the part in case he decides to quit or change his mind.

Islam isn't to keen on that, I hear.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hollywood--Islamic Muslims,Communist,Terrorist Sympathizers--One big happy, anti-AMERICAN family--That your supporting!
You go to the movies---you contribute to this foreign national, POTUS, reelection bid!
Hollywood Communist Supporters

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthRconsequences357
Hollywood--Islamic Muslims,Communist,Terrorist Sympathizers--One big happy, anti-AMERICAN family--That your supporting!
You go to the movies---you contribute to this foreign national, POTUS, reelection bid!
Hollywood Communist Supporters
you forgot jews and peados.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

word up!
edit on 14-2-2012 by EmceeTrick because: selected wrong person to reply to

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

What happend to you man? Your wife leave you for a Muslim?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What's the beef here? Many notables have converted to Islam and they are not looked at any less. Most are still applauded. Cases in point: Cassius Clay. Lew Alcindor and the person that became Yusuf Islam. Let see if you can guess who the last 2 are without Google.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmceeTrick
reply to post by Aeons

What happend to you man? Your wife leave you for a Muslim?

I am a woman. And what happened is that I actually took a good look at it.

It doesn't fare well under close inspection. I know that doesn't sit well with you guys - Islam gets special status in not being held to any standad. One may question any other religion or spiritual practice and get kudos. Question Islam, and the whole world ends.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I hope he did it from the heart! ! None the less Allahu ackbar! !

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Well I highly doubt your interpretation is the end all for Islam or Christian religions. But this is a forum and disscussion board so all opions and feelings are welcome...

Thanks for adding your thoughts on the subject.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
What's the beef here? Many notables have converted to Islam and they are not looked at any less. Most are still applauded. Cases in point: Cassius Clay. Lew Alcindor and the person that became Yusuf Islam. Let see if you can guess who the last 2 are without Google.

You have bettered me Sir! I yield, Yield I say! Cassius Clay is the Great Mohammed Ali but the other two are unknown. Can I cheat now?

ETA Ah yes, (American) sports, not my strong point! and....eeeek! Cat Stevens, the ONLY cat I am not particularly fond of! ROFL! I knew he had converted but you got me! Hook, sine and linker!

edit on 14/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 14/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Lew would be Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Hall of Fame basketball player and Yusuf Islam would be Cat Stevens.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Praise be to God. We ask God to guide him to the best and keep him away from idol worshippers.
Another victory for anti-islamists

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join